• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supersprint B-Pipe .. Yes or No

there is a point to change the intake and b pipe mate, frees up the exhaust flow, so give some gains and sportier note.

and you will get the most out of it once , you guessed it, do a tune.

Have a read of this:

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=204095&hilit=+pound+for+pound&start=0

As said above it will only give you a few ponies but im getting the ss b-pipe to help the engine brethe a bit better, also done the hondata mod to the airbox.

Obviously you would make more of these mods if mapped with kpro/k100 but im going to have to save up for that.

from another post....

K100 is essentially a KPro but with without the ability to change any settings or upload any maps yourself. The same KPro hardware daughterboard is fitted inside your ECU, but it lacks a USB port so it can only be mapped or the parameters adjusted by your tuner. Because of the lack of USB port, this also means that you cannot datalog from the ECU. The launch control RPM also has to be set by your tuner.

The potential gains in power and torque from the K100 are the same as the K-Pro

The initial cost of K100 is significantly cheaper than the cost of KPro, however in the long run it could work out more expensive if you choose to alter any modifications, or add new ones that will require you to return the car to your tuner for another map to be loaded, whereas with KPro you have the option of loading a free map. This is something to bear in mind when considering which option to take. Basically the advise is to fit K100 if you have finished modifying your car and do not intend to change stuff in the future, and you have no interest in learning about the mapping process yourself. If you intend to change things radically then you really need KPro.

Group buy here

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...ted-and-mapped-(GROUP-BUY)-EUROSPEC2000/page6

So a K100 and Kpro will give same gains, just ones adjustable basically without paying for a map every time?

If you rolled up to TDI north, with just a tegiwa M, a super sprint b-pipe and a k100, would you walk away with any more than about 5-10 bhp?

Yes you would. I got 14bhp top end and 30 bhp at about 5400 rpm with a k100 at Eurospec. Ive got a r8byb b-pipe and it gives a nice sound and does seem to pickup a bit better.

So,

£130 for an unsilenced b-pipe. About what? £500 for a k100? And a map would be what, 2-300? Guessing there. So about £8-900 would see 10-15bhp, although I suppose you could just sell the k100 after for a few hundred. + I think from what i read, the cost of using better fuel?

A manifold, b-pipe and OEm backbox would be better im guessing, but very expensive for manifold?

Last edited by a moderator:
I only had money for the K100 and wont be doing anymore mods to mine which is why i went that route. I think the manifold will need a sensor to remove the EML. I could be wrong.

£690 + vat. Make sure you get a before dyno run so you can see the diffrence the map made. Its your money but i would definitly recommend it.

The midrange and acceleration in 3rd gear is alot better. Pity you are so far away as you could have a go in mine.

Just had my Supersprint b-pipe (unsilenced) fitted today and im very happy with it. Its a lovely bit of kit, no real increase in noise at low revs and has a really nice metalic tone on full throttle as the revs increase :)

hi mate i have sportex unsilenced b -pipe and oem header and back box sounds good notice diffrence to performance too and not too loud. but dont put bigger back box on it as it sounds way too loud!! maybe its just me getting old.

Back