• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Annoying Rattle/Creak when at low revs - EP3 Facelift CTR

I had a Tegiwa Engine damper fitted recently which I quickly got rid of because it was causing horrendous rattles & creaks when idling and setting off from junctions etc

Anyway I removed that 3 weeks ago and the car was rattle free up until yesterday morning when the car began making a creaking noise when at low revs, its more noticeable when engaging reverse or setting off from a junction. Sounds more like a creaking noise than a rattle as if something is loose but I can’t figure out exactly where its coming from. The steering seems fine and I have checked everything accessible under the bonnet and everything seems as it should be, I also checked the front wheels for excessive play but again they are fine.

Its not gearbox related but it does seem to be coming from the centre console area but not actually inside the car if that makes sense (probably not)

Could this possibly be a damaged/corroded engine mount?

The Car is going to ABP Motorsport next Monday anyway as they are fitting a Piper Manifold, Sports CAT & Energy insert mounts but I just wanted to know if anybody else had encountered a similar problem with their EP3?

Cheers

Ben,

Did you tighten the nuts up properly on the suspension top mount when you took the engine torque damper off?

Did you tighten the nuts up properly on the suspension top mount when you took the engine torque damper off?
Cheers for the reply mate, Yeah I tightened them back up properly after taking it off although I will check them again to be on the safe side

I'm hoping that ABP Motorsport can put it right on Monday, when they get it on the ramps they can have a good snoop around and see if there is anything obvious causing it

Back