• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Holdcroft Honda (Stoke-on-Trent) for mechanical work/valve adjustments, any good?

Hi guys, just looking for some feedback from anyone who has used Holdcroft Honda main dealers in Stoke for any mechanical work on their Type R's, namely valve adjustments, timing chain checks etc. My car is due to have the latter really and I really can't be without my car for long so was thinking of getting a quote off these guys as I can wangle a courtesy car with ease being an old man.

Most folks reckon main dealers for most brands are dire at mechanical work but any feedback on Holdcroft would be ideal :)

Thanks chaps and chapesses :)

Ive never used them but my experiences with the Holdcroft group in the past has ensured i wont touch them with a barge pole.
They are useless beyond doubt.

If you're near neck end (Longton, Fenton) then use Hoddens. They wont rip you off and will service your car to Honda spec

http://www.hoddens-stokeontrent.co.uk/

My old man literally lived over the road from there lol, they handy with their Type R's then? I'm usually extremely picky with who I let mess with my cars, ideally I need a courtesy car if they need it overnight/2 days with it being the valve adjustments etc as it has be stone cold? Hence thinking Holdcroft.. but I'd be a bit wary of some little chavgringo who works there abusing the ol' girl over a load of speedbumps and all that lol

My old man literally lived over the road from there lol, they handy with their Type R's then? I'm usually extremely picky with who I let mess with my cars, ideally I need a courtesy car if they need it overnight/2 days with it being the valve adjustments etc as it has be stone cold? Hence thinking Holdcroft.. but I'd be a bit wary of some little chavgringo who works there abusing the ol' girl over a load of speedbumps and all that lol

I took mine for them. They had it for a day, i dropped it in at the night time and picked it up later the next day. I thought i needed sparkplugs too but they checked them and said they were ok so didn't do them and saved me £80. Now how many other garages would be that honest? :lol:

lol thats true, I've not long fitted some NGK platinum ones so they should be fine for a long time yet, how much did they charge you if you don't mind me asking? I will have to pop down and have a word with 'em :)

Sounds reasonable that, I only really need the valve clearances doing, everything else has been done, although maybe I could let 'em change my brake fluid and clutch fluid then thats done too... I'll pop in have a word :) Thanks mate!

No worries, tell them that Mark with the Black DC5 told you to ring. It might drop the price for you or me the next time i go :lol:

Back