• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

It took me a bit of head scratching to fit it, no instructions inculded, but when you figure it out you'll know it. Fits like a finger up an a***hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job on the door handles bro! :) And I have just added cairngorm to my list of roads to drive!

Thanks bud. It's funny you should say that now, as today's project is painting the center console to match! Here's the "paint booth", with the first layer of primer drying.

080920121589.jpg

Yeah everyone that enjoys driving should come and experience the roads up here!

Yeh man, bloody castles are everywhere up here. They skulk around and jump in front of you whenever you try and take a photo. I had to swerve to avoid one the other day.

Repainted center console, new stereo head unit and custom mats.

100920121594.jpg

100920121592.jpg

I think I'll call the interior finished for now.

Next job is to refurbish the wheels, then suspension.

Thankfully I test fitted it before painting! It was a rubbish fit as it came out the box. What I did was trim the lip around the back with a slight bevel using a sharp craft knife, I actually removed a fair amount of plastic in the end. Just test fit, trim, fit, trim.....until it sits flush. It only needs to sit in the hole, the metal frame that holds the stereo and dookit will hold it in place.
If you will allow me a gratuitous metaphore.... when it's new it's like fitting into a 18yo girl, it takes alot of persuasion, perhaps the gentle application of force, and is a bit too tight for comfort. We don't want it to fit like a hotdog in a hallway either, be carefull not to be overzelous and pound away at it, or in time it will be bouncing around like the bearing in a rattlecan. I think you should be aiming for mid twenties fit, not overly troublesome, and snug enough to make you smile.

It's that time of year again.

070220131778_zpsc6057133.jpg

In and out. 30 minutes. No advisories. MOTing like a boss.

Had a good chance to poke around underneath while it was up there. Looks like it's holding up quite well, considering highland council deem the appropriate amount of salt for a road to be 1/2" deep at all times. The B-pipe does have a few gnarly scratches just behind the cat, I'm mighty glad it was only £60, cheap and cheerful b-pipes FTW.

Today I got a HEALTHY rebate from the tax man!

It's been spent already.

Eibach sportlines, camber arms and bolts, and some spoon blingy goodness are on the way!

Parcels have started arriving. I've got a big box of springs, bolts and arms, with some jazz washer jets for good measure. Unfortunately all the spoon bits are coming from Japan, so they'll be a couple weeks yet.

The car is booked into the local Honda dealership on the 11th to have the suspension bits fitted, then it goes over the road to be frsu'd. I was actually pretty surprised that they agreed to fit aftermarket parts. All the bolts that come off the suspension are being replaced with new ones, and it's having a major service including; fluids checked, oil and filter change, new belt, valve clearances adjusted and anything else that crops up.

My credit card is acting nervous already, it's been shaking like Michael J Fox on his vinegar strokes for a week now...

Well, £400 later I have frsu and shiney new suspension. There was drama involved....

I dropped the car off 0800 as agreed, it was snowing heavily and had been all night, so there were no taxis operating. The guys at the Honda garage finally agreed to give me a CRZ for a couple of hours. Fun was had. Before I was bored of lighting the dashboard up in a lovely red glow, the garage phoned me up saying they were having problems removing the rusted bolts. A quick pitstop at my friend's garage and I arrived at the honda dealership with a blowtorch and sledgehammer. Much heating and walloping later the problem was solved. I need to replace a couple of bushes, due to over enthusiastic blowtorching (me), but mission provisionally accomplished.

I can't ever explain how enjoyable it was to take a sledgehammer and blowtorch to your own car whilst on a ramp in a Honda dealership in order to fit aftermarket parts...

The bushes are on order, and should be fitted by the end of next week. Also, I ordered a few parts from Spoon, and was promised 14 days maximum for delivery. I called them today to enquire (20 days after ordering) and was promised delivery next week plus some freebies for the inconvenience. Freebies FTMFW.

I'll post photos when the council stop pouring 2" of salt on the road everyday, but it is sitting beautifully now, and I've shaved a couple minutes off my daily 0430 drive to work. I'll clean it up at some point soon. Honestly...

Back