• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How are young drivers getting insurance so cheap?!?!

yea really cheap :) considering it was 1800 before i added my mum and dad :p of course location, job and where it's kept is important but using them as named drivers gave me a wopping discount, and so have friends/family that have done the same :)

Which insurance company are you with?

cheapest i've just managed to find now is Admiral beating my Churchill quote!

im with elephant, but they're part of the admiral crowd :) for me, admiral, swift and elephant have always been the cheapest, and as of yet for my ctr, i have paid 1 year of £1300 (2011, 0 no claims, 1 accident, driving 3 years and 2 named drivers) and this year which is £874 (2012, 1 no claims, 1 accident, driving 4 years, and 2 named drivers)

im with elephant, but they're part of the admiral crowd :) for me, admiral, swift and elephant have always been the cheapest, and as of yet for my ctr, i have paid 1 year of £1300 (2011, 0 no claims, 1 accident, driving 3 years and 2 named drivers) and this year which is £874 (2012, 1 no claims, 1 accident, driving 4 years, and 2 named drivers)

Funny cause im 25 driving 6 years, 3 years NCB, good post code, 2 named drivers low risk, no claims or accident and they wouldnt quote me below a grand. doesnt really make sense

im in your situation, firstly comparasion websites are good, but call people up and talk to them and the price will magicaly drop. Also i found admiral for young people on CTR's weren't very competitive because "they have many claims on that vehicle". Try brentacre, were really good for me.

also, when using comparison websites, never go through the compare website because they chuck a premium on top so they get some money out of it, if you first go through the compare website, find the cheapest, and then go to their website using the exact same info, it will be even cheaper :)

also, when using comparison websites, never go through the compare website because they chuck a premium on top so they get some money out of it, if you first go through the compare website, find the cheapest, and then go to their website using the exact same info, it will be even cheaper :)

that is insurance hunting gold right there!!

Ok, BOOM!!

Whole day of searching insurance....I've finally managed to get Admiral down to £994.28 for 12 months! Age:21 & NCB: 4. Will ring them up & try and haggle them down a few quid! Very happy with this :D!I've been with Admiral since 18 so maybe this plays a part?

P.S Adrian flux, sky insurance, brokers, GSI Insurance, brenatche, etc all the recommended ones come in around 2.5k-4k :eek:.

wow i'd love to have a civic at 12 years old :p make sure you save the quote, you don't want to loose that bad boy !

wow, mine seemed to increase from one week to the next, so when i wanted my quote from a few weeks before, i had to go searching through emails to find the quote number

maybe some insurance companies are given X amount they can give discount too say first 50 policies & closer to the month its less so less discount?

Some may not have achieved their targets so prices come down each day closer to the end of the month?

WHO KNOWS !

Back