• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Aftermarket/Modified parts spec sheet

Last Updated: 30th August 2015

Engine
Tegiwa carbon airbox
Tegiwa carbon airbox scoop
Scuttle panel modification
Tegiwa silicone intake pipe
JS Performance silicone intake breather pipe
Skunk2 70mm pro series throttle body
Tegiwa inlet manifold/throttle body adaptor plate
RBC inlet manifold (bored/port matched to 70mm)
Slam panel modification to accept inlet manifold
Skunk2 composite fuel rail
RDX 440cc uprated fuel injectors
TDi North 'drop in' high performance camshafts
JS Performance ancillary silicone hose set
Japspeed 4-2-1 stainless steel exhaust manifold
Energy Suspension engine mount inserts
TDi North 3" stainless steel exhaust system
K100 ECU with programmable 4000rpm launch control
New genuine Honda primary O2 sensor (to be fitted)

Mapped by Paul West at TDi North to peak figures of 259bhp/175lbft

Engine Bay Dress-up
Custom painted K20 cam cover
JDM carbon fibre spark plug cover
Tegiwa rocker cover nuts
J's Racing oil cap
K-Tuned dipstick
Tegiwa engine bay washer kit
JDM anodized battery tie bar
TDi North decal
HOT decal
Spoon reservoir socks

Cooling System
Tegiwa aluminium alloy radiator
Tegiwa radiator cap
New genuine Honda thermostat
Fresh coolant
JS Performance coolant hoses

Transmission/Drivetrain
Exedy stage 1 racing clutch kit (died July 2015)
Genuine Honda OEM clutch kit (installed July 2015)
M Factory helical LSD
M Factory lightweight flywheel
M Factory carbon-lined synchros 1st-6th
M Factory 5.41 final drive
M Factory magnetic gearbox drain plug
Torco MTF manual transmission fluid
New OEM blueprint master cylinder
New OEM blueprint slave cylinder

Fitted by Stevie and Lee at Grinspeed Motorsport

Suspension/Chassis
Eibach 'pro kit' lowering springs
Eibach front camber bolts
Eibach rear camber arms
Full Grinspeed geo/fast road set-up
J's Racing front upper strut bar
J's Racing engine torque damper
J's Racing rear strut bar
J's Racing C pillar bar

Brakes
Stoptech Touring 4 pot callipers
Stoptech 300mm 1 piece rotors
Stoptech street performance brake pads
Stoptech stainless steel brake lines
Motul RBF 600 dot 4 brake fluid

Fitted by Stevie and Lee at Grinspeed Motorsport

Wheels/Tyres
Matt Black Rota Grid 17 x 7.5" wheels
Yokohama C Drive 215/45/17 tyres (rear)
Goodyear Eagle F1 ASY2 215/45/17 tyres (front)
Anodized steel wheel nuts
Locking wheel nuts

Exterior Styling
Mugen style carbon fibre vented bonnet
Mugen style carbon fibre grill
Mugen style front lip
Mugen badge
Import size number plates - front and rear
Ultra brilliance high performance headlight bulbs
Honda Jazz washer jets
JDM wind deflectors
Rear window tints
New front Honda badge
Removed Civic badge
TDi North decal
FN2 style rear Type R decal
New genuine Honda exterior door trim
New genuine Honda windscreen wiper arms

Interior Styling
JDM Recaro seats
Facelift door cards
JDM access mats
Skunk2 gear knob
Rising sun/samurai custom centre console
Rising sun custom door handle inserts
Type R carbon effect door sills
JDM coin holder
Door card anti vibration inserts
iON the game dash mounted camcorder

Current photo's:-
JAE7.jpg
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi All,

I thought that it was about time I got around to starting my members car thread, fingers crossed the below pictures turn out clear and a decent size - had a bit of fun re-sizing the pics to be able to upload the files :)

As many of the other members do I am going to keep this thread updated with future posts and pictures of upcoming modifications and stories and would really appreciate any comments, I have listed my EP3's current modifications below as well as some future mods that I am already planning.

All of the mechanical mods have been carried out by Paul, Ben and Neil at TDI North to their usual exceptional standards and with the K100 install and map the car hit 232bhp which I was really happy with as I retained the OEM exhaust manifold and cat, I was smiling like the cheshire cat on the drive back home from Warrington and havent stopped since to be honest.

Future mods list is pretty much endless to be honest and changes everyday but priority is a set of team dynamics gloss black wheels, carbon fibre bonnet, carbon fibre spoiler and a mugen front grille.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• New Pic.jpg
    New Pic.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 4,145
  • New Pic 2.jpg
    New Pic 2.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 4,124
  • New Pic 4.jpg
    New Pic 4.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 3,987
  • New Pic 3.jpg
    New Pic 3.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 4,115
  • New Pic 10.jpg
    New Pic 10.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 4,072
  • New Pic 11.jpg
    New Pic 11.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 4,043
  • New Pic 6.jpg
    New Pic 6.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 4,009
  • New Pic 7.jpg
    New Pic 7.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 4,116
  • New Pic 8.jpg
    New Pic 8.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 4,142
  • Petes EP3.jpg
    Petes EP3.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 485
  • Strut Fit 2.jpg
    Strut Fit 2.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited by a moderator:
looks good matey but needs lowering pal,232bhp is a good result-can you notice the difference? im toying with the idea of a k100

Thanks mate, yeah I agree a set of Eibach's and a FRSU are priority mods, definitely pal Paul at TDI mapped the whole rev range so the driveability of the car is so much better and you get launch control to play with too :)

Go for it you honestly wouldnt regret it :)

If you're going for FRSU, they will put lowering springs as well. :D

Nice car by the way mate.

If you're going for FRSU, they will put lowering springs as well. :D

Nice car by the way mate.

You don't need springs for an FRSU.

When he says 'a set of eibachs', I believe he is referring to springs, however.

You don't need springs for an FRSU.

When he says 'a set of eibachs', I believe he is referring to springs, however.

I meant FRSU is better with springs as Tom said when I asked for a qoute, he asked me if my car is lowered already. :D

Thanks 4kas I took the pics on a really miserable day and even though they turned out OK they dont do the bodywork justice, cheers Stoo I definitely want to go for a FRSU because it gets such great reviews and thought about having a new spring kit at the same time, I like the looks of the Eibach's because of quality and the decent but not stupid drop of around 30mm, anyone think of any other kits that you would say are better or are Eibach's the best?

Cheers Stoo, I thought Eibach would be the best option, just thought I would add a quick pic of my custom cam cover which is being fitted next week, TDI are re-setting my valve clearances and are going to fit this on afterwards as well as having a new set of plugs.

IMG00080-20120328-1740.jpg

Thanks mate, unfortunately I cant take the credit a guy called Bren on the ITR forum customised it to order but think it will look good against the other red accessories in the engine bay.
Looking to change the leads and hoses too and then give the engine a damn good clean which is always pain staking haha..

Nice Car Pete :)
Looks great mate, i'm liking the sound of your future plans too
Did TDi North fit the RBC for you? The Slam Panel modification looks really tidy

Cheers Ben,

I will keep you updated with the progress, time to ask the gaffer for a pay rise haha, I am in at TDI on Tuesday and thinking of getting the FRSU done as well as the clearances and plugs which are already booked in to be done.
Yeah they did the RBC, Injen, Piper cat back and K100 install/map and the slam panel is as tidy as it looks mate, the only thing being you will have to say goodbye to your carbon fibre manifold cover like I did lol.

You going to JAE this year?

Cheers Ben,

I will keep you updated with the progress, time to ask the gaffer for a pay rise haha, I am in at TDI on Tuesday and thinking of getting the FRSU done as well as the clearances and plugs which are already booked in to be done.
Yeah they did the RBC, Injen, Piper cat back and K100 install/map and the slam panel is as tidy as it looks mate, the only thing being you will have to say goodbye to your carbon fibre manifold cover like I did lol.

You going to JAE this year?

Youre going to love the FRSU Pete it transforms the handling and will give your more confidence in the corners.
Mine currently only has the basic FRSU using the OEM shocks & springs with Eibach front camber bolts and ABP Geometery but i'm looking to get the Eibach Pro Kit Springs next and adjustable Rear camber shims. Yeah mate sadly the Carbon Inlet cover will have to go :( but fortunately the RBC Inlet looks quality without one, I guess a AEM or Mugen fuel rail would be a nice tasty bit of bling for the RBC.
I might be going to JAE this year, bit of a treck for me but i'm sure its a good weekend

Yeah I dont think anyone has ever made a negative comment on the FRSU, I spoke to Paul yesterday and not sure I can get it done on Tuesday when I am up there for the other bits because they have already got another car in for a FRSU the same day so they are going to see how time plays out but will definitely book it in either way.

I am going to keep the OEM shocks and springs for the time being too so its good to hear that it still has a good effect on the handling, the RBC does look really good by itself so its not a disaster that the carbon fibre cover doesnt go back on, still like the look of your Tegiwa intake may be a future investment if I ever fancy a change from the Injen.

JAE does sound immense but not sure on whether to look at staying the full three day weekend or just going for a day with it being my first time to soak up the atmosphere :confused:

Hi All,

I thought now would be a good time to update my thread having just got back from TDI North, firstly because I remembered to take my camera this time and secondly because its back to work tomorrow (brilliant!!!)

The drive up was good fun as always a nice mixture of country roads and motorways and despite heavy showers forecast it was sun all the way and perfect driving conditions for a change.

As I remembered the camera this time Paul printed me off a fresh dyno graph from when my car was mapped back in January, I am not sure on how to fit pics in between text yet (probably something really simple haha) so all todays pics are together at the end of this post.

The journey up this time around was to get my valve clearances reset as well as getting the new custom cam cover, tegiwa washers and dome nuts installed and also a fresh set of NGK plugs.

Ben had it all done within a couple of hours for me which included standing time for the engine internals to cool, the valves did need some adjustment so I am really pleased that I chose to get them done and its probably mostly in my head but it seems to be running so much better now and the engine feels a lot tighter again.

Just got the TDI decal to add onto the carbon fibre plug cover (think it should add 10bhp) and then its on to sorting out the next lot of mods/improvements starting with a FRSU and a set of Eibach lowering springs which will also be done at TDI North, big thanks to the lads for all their help and work as always.

The final pic shows the cars you can have a nose around whilst you are waiting, why cant my drive at home look like this haha :)

100_0989.jpg100_0985.jpg100_0977.jpg100_0980.jpg100_0978.jpg100_0983.jpg100_0019.JPG100_0973.jpg

Very Nice Pete :) rocker cover looks awesome!
I bought a set of the Eibach Pro Kit's from Demon Tweeks on Friday, £145.00 delivered which isnt too bad, couldnt find anywhere else selling them cheaper.

What's next on the list after the FRSU?

Back