• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

I won't badger for details, I'll just wait a few weeks.

lol its actually the thing you helped me with pal, unfortunately Stevie hasn't been able to get his hands on a set of spoon monoblocks though so going for a Stoptech touring kit, bit gutted about the spoons but im assured the Stoptechs are a good alternative :)

Those Stoptechs kits are stunning. I'd go for them over Spoons just to be different.

As I'm on holiday with the family up in the north west, thought it would be rude not to visit stevie at Grinspeed, booked in on Weds to treat the civic to a pre JAE present :)

I'm in on Weds for the big strip. See you there. I won't spoil any surprises!

I'm in on Weds for the big strip. See you there. I won't spoil any surprises!

spot on John it will be good to catch up, stevie is going to let me know when the parts arrive but all being well its looking like I'll be in on the weds at the moment :)

Don't take too much notice of the civic in its current state buddy with being on holiday it's been lugging cases and the family about but it will be getting a full detail before JAE lol

John, looks like I might be in on the Thursday now as Stevie sounds like he's absolutely stacked out, never know may still be Wednesday and if so will see you there :)

There's gonna be some top EP's at JAE this year with yours and Jamie's Pete, can't wait to see them.

There's gonna be some top EP's at JAE this year with yours and Jamie's Pete, can't wait to see them.

Tell me about it mate i can't wait to nosey around that Skyline of yours, JAE looks like it's got a great turn out this year too!!

Jamies EP3 is something else pal, his attention to detail with the recent interior work is superb

I can't wait to see both of your cars, magnificent beasts the pair of them. I'll try my best not to cuddle them, make lewd suggestions and ask them to run away with me. But I'm not making any promises.

Great choice with the brakes Pete, the stoptechs are a lovely bit of kit and will be a huge improvement over the stock calipers. It's probably the missing piece of the jigsaw for yours :) although I wouldn't be surprised if it's a set of coilovers next ;)

Great choice with the brakes Pete, the stoptechs are a lovely bit of kit and will be a huge improvement over the stock calipers. It's probably the missing piece of the jigsaw for yours :) although I wouldn't be surprised if it's a set of coilovers next ;)

Mate don't mention coilovers you evil temptress lol fortunately the good lady has no inclination on how much car parts are or she would have already left me :D

I think the next mod will be a mugen spoiler but will want to go genuine for guaranteed fitment but there are a few 'tidy up' jobs I want to do before JAE if i can i.e. new wiper arms, front window rubbers both of which are looking a bit tatty

With being in the North West for the week it would have been rude not to pop in and see Stevie and Lee at Grinspeed, we had been stopping in Morecambe - digressing a bit here to be fair, but we had a day trip to the lake district on the Monday and if anyone's thought about going but has never been do it!! what a stunning place.

Anyway.... yesterday morning I made the relatively short journey down the M6 to Leyland, I had wanted a big brake kit for quite some time but had always ended up spending money elsewhere, after speaking to Karl on the forum I was going to go for a set of Spoon Monoblock callipers originally but Stevie was struggling to source a set in time and suggested the Stoptech Touring Kit as a sensible alternative.

I arrived at the workshop just before 8.30 and after a brew and a good catch up with Stevie and Lee they cracked on removing the OEM braking system, as always the lads don't hang about and by 11.00 the Stoptech's were on and Stevie had been out to bed them in.

Really impressed with them already and Stevie said they will get even better as they bed in even more, the brake pedal feels so much better and it feels like I could stop the car on a penny, actually joked about someone running into the back of me on the way back to Morecambe with how quick the car pulls up.

I took a couple of quick photos but didn't go crazy as the car is absolutely filthy with being on the family holiday and awaiting a JAE detail...
21.08 1.jpg

21.08 2.jpg

21.08 3.jpg

Back