• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Had Accident Need Insurance Advice Please.

could you not have protected your no claims, most insurance companies will protect it if you have 4-5 years no claims. My insurance told me that with every claim, you loose 2 no claims years, so that sounds about right.

I was in a side road pulling out onto a main road, the last car in the que had his indicator on to go down my side road, i then checked the opposite road to make sure that was clear, started to pull out slowly, other driver kept going! Got out of car, yelled at him, his indicator still blinking, got a witness

got home, rang insurance... a few months later, car (my old peugeot 206) repaired, paid 600 quid excess, he had denied his indicator was blinking, witness had moved address and basically deserted me, went to 50/50 and i lost all of my no claims.

he was 50+ years old so he had plenty of no claims to spare, i had a bad neck and received basically my excess + a little more back

Learnt my lesson :) dont trust no one :p

rant over :D

Wow that is realy shitty.
They did offer to protect them for a fee but as I detest being ripped off for insurance anyway because Im a young lad and its a type R, I wasnt willing to pay another 80 quid for it, regretting my stubornness now!!

They have said i will more than likely be at fault for the van, its the car infront i dont think i should get the blame for, i never touched his car.
if you didnt touch the other car, and the van had already hit the car, before you hit the van (correct me if i got this wrong) you should ony be at fault for hitting the van
hope it gets sorted easy mate i had a crash few years back i wasnt at fault, and it took 12 months before it was sorted hopefully yours wont be as bad

Sorry to hear about your incident, but good luck with your case, all i can say is don't admit fault to ANY part of the incident. Once the other insurance companies get a whiff of blame then they will bend you over the table.

yea, most insurance companies will take ages to finalize, sounds like 3 car'd crash might take a fair few months to sort :/ sorry bud

Thanks guys, I haven't admitted fault for any of it.
It's supposed to be picked up tomorrow and looked at but as you say with three cars involved might take a while.
You do have it spot in Chris, i know it got a little complicated explaining. I hope that's the case I don't see how I'm to blame.
Will see how it goes tomorrow with the garage.

Thanks guys, I haven't admitted fault for any of it.
It's supposed to be picked up tomorrow and looked at but as you say with three cars involved might take a while.
You do have it spot in Chris, i know it got a little complicated explaining. I hope that's the case I don't see how I'm to blame.
Will see how it goes tomorrow with the garage.
i doubt you will get all the blame then mate as others have said dont admit anything make out as if it was impossible to miss the van hope your get your car back and this sorted quick

Just saying;

I work for Directline Group, formerly RBS Insurance. Churchill is one of our brands...

Careful what you post on a public forum.

I didn't explain it very well, sorry. What I meant was it went 50/50 for everything, including the damage caused to the car at the front that my girlfriend's car didn't hit. The bloke that my girlfriend did drive into claimed that he managed to stop in time, without hitting the car in front of him, but he was then shunted into the car in front by the impact of my girlfriend hitting him. My girlfriend claimed that she saw him hit the car in front and then she hit his car.

No witnesses were in a position to corroborate or refute either claim so everything was split 50/50. The bloke at the front was deemed to be blameless.

That's what happened to me i saw him hit the other car first so you're probably right. Thanks.

Isn't it frustrating how the person at the front whom no doubt ultimately caused this by breaking excessively is to blame for nothing

Isn't it frustrating how the person at the front whom no doubt ultimately caused this by breaking excessively is to blame for nothing

It is realy frustrating, as i couldnt see past the van i dont know how much he slammed on but the way the van hit him he must have.

Back