• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

forum abbreviations

Harris - something humorous.

Taken from Rolf Harris, but substituting Rolf for ROFL which incidentally is Roll On the Floor Laughing.

Well if it were the case we may aswell just turn every string of words into abbreviations.

They're short for commonly used strings of words, and this thread is here to help the users of this forum to understand these commonly used shortened string of words. Making up on the spot a abbreviation with a funny meaning that never gets used wont get added.

In some cases that's fair but it could also be that you or I have never heard a phrase but many others use it everyday. Griffin for example, you and many others didn't associate it with vaginas but suits did and I'd heard it used before.

I wasn't citing it as an example of an abbreviation it was simply an example of something that could be common parlance without you knowing about it.

It was a smug dig at myself and you can't deny it, other examples could have easily been used.

They're not going in, end of.

It wasn't a smug dig at you Si, seriously. It was just the first thing that came to mind because I know there was a hoohah when it first came up.

Grouse is another, over here it's used often by the older generation to mean something is good but I used it on here accidentally and no one knew what I was on about.

IMHO, In My Honest Opinion.

As opposed to IMO, which isn't honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh and UKDM & JDM arn't on the list either. Don't think I need to explain them do I?

IMHO (see what i did there :D ) I can see this thread going one of two ways. It will be locked because arguements have started, YET AGAIN. It will be locked and deleted as the original use of it has lost all meanings due to certain people throwing the toys out of their pram YET AGAIN!

Back