• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 'Money well spent' mods for the FN2

The tegiwa brake stopper is only £36 less forum discount, cant really go wrong in my opinion. never heard of one fail its a simple bit of kit, easy to fit, no hassle.
Not seen one available anywhere else.

HI, I do not post much on line but would like to add a comment regarding brake lines.
I was also skeptical over Stainless braided Brake lines but purchased a set from Hosetechnik in Gloucester for my FN2 model as their machined end fittings match the Honda ones exactly.
They build to order and delivered the next day so that was pretty good service.
Apart from getting the rear block off the car which was a nightmare the rest was easy and being stainless also should not corrode - I even changed the bleed nipples over to their stainless ones. They look great and seem to give a better feel to the system - it might be the new fluid but I think the lines help.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the information i have researched the fluid should be in the car no longer than 3 years for safe use.
It is not a bad practice to check over the lines and bleed the brakes yearly if have time. At the same time you can check for line damage or leaks.

This is a fantastic thread! Looking forward to getting my eibach springs plus frsu and braided brake lines with upgraded padd and fluid. Poorer for it lol

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Tegiwa cat back being fitted at the end of the week. Counts remaining money frantically...

Tegiwa cat back being fitted at the end of the week. Counts remaining money frantically...
Nice one mate. You will love that! I had a non res milltek fitted and absolutely love the sound!

Coming to the party very late here given the age of this thread! Are the wise words of Loxy still valid? By that I mean has tech moved on in the last 6 years? are the Ferodo DS2500 and Cosworth streetmaster pads still the ones to go for? The Eibach frsu still a viable option to coilovers? On an FN2 What are folks using tyre wise? and what pressures?

Thanks
Norm

Coming to the party very late here given the age of this thread! Are the wise words of Loxy still valid? By that I mean has tech moved on in the last 6 years? are the Ferodo DS2500 and Cosworth streetmaster pads still the ones to go for? The Eibach frsu still a viable option to coilovers? On an FN2 What are folks using tyre wise? and what pressures?

Thanks
Norm
Hi, well i have been using loxy's wisdom since i bought mine in 2015!

I'm sure loxy will answer the first few questions. In regards to tyres the top 2 that tend to come up in a discussion are Goodyear Eagle F1's and Michelin pilot sport 4s

Personally i will be going for the 4s. Did hae the good years on order when costco were doing an offer but i missed out!

Eibach springs are a very good alternative to coil overs for road use as generally they are fit and forget, whereas coilovers need rebuilding quite regularly.

Pads have moved on. I daresay OEM are fine on the rear for most uses but again it depends on the application and budget. PBS pads are all the rage at the minute for the fronts, along with Pagid RS29 bit both are slightly more track focused, however you will have to check what is available in OEM fitment.

Using GY F1 AS3 on mine, coated Brembo OEM discs & pads all round.
Fine for street use, can't say for track since I won't be doing that.

Does anyone know where to find seat rails which are lower than original ones? I remember like they were a thing ~10 years ago, but do not find any more.

HKS RSK intake is a good option for an intake.
Miltek is the popular exhaust choice

Eibach pro kit springs with FRS (which mine already has) for the suspension
Js do three braces which we've talked about on the phone or there is Ultra Racing

Loxy will be along shortly with engine tuning I'm sure.
What's FRS

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Tract is a good mod, it removes the restriction and provides decent cold air. Just make sure you smooth the OEM airbox to get the best from that setup.

If SWANNY got the RSK, would keeping the bottom portion of the stock airfeed (resonator, pipe - everything below standard airbox), provide a cold air feed? That way the RSK is just a direct swap out for the stock airbox & pipe.

Oh and taking the resonator section out is a lot more of a faff...

Back