• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Optimum tire pressure

What would you guys and gals say the optimum tire pressure would be for the best for grip, performance without spending lots of of hard earned cash. Is running at standard the best or slightly above for or below for for b road action.......

Use the ones inside the door, then adjust 2 maybe 3 PSI each way till you find what works best for you. Personally, OEM spec pressures have always worked for me.

I'm running falken numbers just now 40mm profile the ride is really good grips well in the wet, 26psi front and 28psi rear. I thought the slightly lower profile would kill it. However it feels a lot sharper on turning in......

You should run higher psi at the front really.

I know that the recommended setting for Bridgestone RE040 is 32/30

I used to run lower front pressures on the AD08s so that when warm all 4 were at the same pressure. Mine wasn't really a daily though.

26/28 is too low for road tyres

I run 32/30 on the AD08 :)

I didn't adjust them at spa either although as the day got on they could have done with a few psi letting out.

You should run higher psi at the front really.

I know that the recommended setting for Bridgestone RE040 is 32/30

35/32 on the FN2. Personally I'm a 33/31 kinda guy.

I let 10 psi out of the fronts and 6 out the rears at Spa. I only know this because I forgot to top them back up and did them in the morning cold. :lol:

Suppose your right all the weight is at the front less at the rear. Just thought with the lower profile, a little less air would soften the road on rough surfaces. maybe try 30 up front and leave the rear as is......

I add about 2 to what it says in the door when its dry. cant remember what the numbers are though.

Back