• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Affording A Type R

just a quick question, i only drive my FN2 weekends and the occasional weekday when my partner doesnt drive to work, it costs me quite a bit just for these days, how does anybody else find the costs ??

I use my EP3 as my daily, and it does cost alot more then my old run around did. However if I drive sensibly it still returns some eccomeny and i dont have a huge drive to work. Also it stops me wasting my money and beer and other rubbish.

Mine's practically ruined me.

Running costs are fine to be honest, but I keep buying bits for it...

Ah i see your problem then, they do give farly good MPG on the motorway, not brillaint but good. Also as loxy said mine has made me poor, but only because im always buying bits for it

yeah motorway driving gives great mpg but not on the journey i have to do :( i havent started buying bits for mine yet its still standard... cant wait lol

Mine doesn't cost a great deal, it's my daily drive but I work 5 miles from I live so petrol is no issue it's just the insurance at £120 a month that is the only problem and the occasional modding :)

I thought it was lol that's with me at 30 years old with a 10yr licence with 9yrs no claims

i can just about afford to run mine but its my daily and the drive to work is 32 miles each way! plus im still paying off the loan i bought it with. and f*ck that insurance!! mine was £970 for the year and im 21 with 3 years no claims and im the only driver on the policy!

I find mine very reasonable compared to my old Celica 4WD GT-Fours, MPG is loads better at around 30 average and my insurance has dropped from £500 per year on the celica to £250 per year on the typeR. (I am old)

Runnings costs are very diffucult to value as there are so many paramenters to play with. If i wanted great economy then I would have a hybrid, but then i wont have the fun that VTEC gives me so thats my comprimise, I am also lucky as I only have a 7 mile trip to work each day so running costs are very low for me. I do feel for you youngsters though as I wonder just how you can run such powerful cars. I have the best of both worlds really......A 24yr old brain in a 47yr old body.....lol

Still Lovin my CTR ;)

Mines awful it has me completely broke due to the face I do shortish journeys (under 50 miles) onncounty and b roads so no steady driving get on average 230 miles to a tank :(

Let me take a moment to;

FLOL.

500miles a weekend when it was turbo'd + 100/150 during the week.

Was awesome, DGAF.

i can just about afford to run mine but its my daily and the drive to work is 32 miles each way! plus im still paying off the loan i bought it with. and f*ck that insurance!! mine was £970 for the year and im 21 with 3 years no claims and im the only driver on the policy!

thats a really cheap quote for someone who is 21, lucky bugger, im still paying my loan of as well but i love my car so its worth it :)

I've only had my FN2 for about 2 weeks now - but considering my commute involves a 1200 foot climb twice a day over winding A roads and some town stop start traffic, I still average about 31 mpg. I often hit 3 figure speeds on the way to work with prolonged periods of VTEC, so I think it's very reasonable for a car of this performance.

My insurance is about £500 a year fully comp (I'm 28, with a clean license and 4 years NCB), but as there is no car crime here, premiums should in theory be cheaper than some places in the UK, but I'm not so sure they really are!

I think these cars are what you want them to be, I saw 40 mpg on the motorway with it, and I've seen figures in the teens when I'm going for it, it's all down to how you want to drive really. Very good when you consider my old Evo used to use literally twice as much fuel even if you just dawdled.

i do about 40 quid a week in petrol work and back and popping about weekends and insurance just under 500 quid compared to 30 quid a week in my cdti and 330 insurance so a bit more pricey but no were near as much fun as my fn2 trouble is i have got about a 1000 quid in mods i wanna do so guess the daily running aint the problem

my DC5 is great on fuel but as i drive down lanes to get to work and other road users are always in a hurry i feel its only a matter of time before some idiot knocks in to me so i've bought a £300 **** box for the commute (306 gti-6 in bright orange so others see me :)) but that is costing me £10-15 a week more than the DC5 so at the moment im not sure what to do anything diesel around here is 4 figures

Back