• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Affording A Type R

You lot want to try runing an RX7 !

If I own anything that does more than 25 MPG then it feels like I am rich ! LOL I am averaging about 32mpg in the EP3 with mixed driving and using it daily.

As for insurance where on earth do some of you live ? I am only paying £480 a year fully comp and I am 29 with full NCB and have also added my 25 year old fiancee to my policy as a named driver which only added about an extra £30 to it !

One of my previous cars was a 95 GTO twin turbo running 450bhp. It burnt petrol so quickly the cabin stink of it all the time ( running rich too).

The price of all that? 11.7mpg on average. For a brief moment I thought the spitting flames was worth it, but I quickly came to my senses, and after embarrassing a few Porsche owners I had to get rid of it.

In contrast my FN2 is like running a little diesel. I'm 24 and I pay £520 fully comp, my own name.

ive just sold a subaru impreza rb5 with a mildly tuned engine i got 40 miles to £20 daily driving standard it was ruining my life lol i might as well poured fuel out of the window it would of lasted longer the ep3 seems like a tdi after that its great on fuel for a fairly nippy ish motor

80 miles per day, round trip in my EP3. Costs me about 15 quid a day to do that. I often think about selling it and buying a C1 or 107/ Aygo and converting it to LPG to see mega MPG with 20 quid a year tax, but the fun I have in the EP3 is awesome! Cut your suit according to your cloth. Can't afford to run it, sell it. :)

I currently average around 300 miles per tank in my fn2 which lasts around 10 days! Not so bad I guess, I found it's costs about a 5er more a week than my previous ep3...which did surprise me, due to the grown up feel of the fn2 I don't hit vtec at every possible opening, like I one did in the ep3 being 18 at the time didn't help...look up boy racer in the dictionary and my name would have been there! Fortunately the fn2 saved me.

The insurance is surprisingly low considering I'm 22 and the missus is 20. I have just renewed on a multi quote and the total cost for the coming year was 544. Just myself would have been under 450.

Have any of you high insurance payers looked at multi quotes?

Pez

I didn't buy my type R for its MPG. I'd have bought a dirty DIEsel or a tiny engine if I GAF. It's not cheap though.

Back