• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Car was collected earlier £329 all in with valve clearance and tyre repair, valves £90.90
Car is running smooth again, had 3 red alerts, 2 for back tyres and the other for tyre gunk out of date,

Looks like they gave me the Honda 12 service which is fixed price for cars over 3 years, different service check sheet to last year's but looking at last year's check sheet it's exactly the same service plus some as what's on the 5yr checks, (washer fluid top up and something else in the 12 plan)

with Coventry dealer ceased trading i'm looking for a new stealership. solihull would be closest. i'm in 2 minds whether to take the final 5th yr service, or just cough up and take it to TDI-North or Dream which'll be where i'm going for the 6th service.

solihull is 45mins 1 way for me, so if i don't wait i'm in for 3hours of travel in a day plus any handover and paperwork time so it's essentially a day out even for a basic service. might as well go to an independent even if i will get tempted with a remap since the dyno is right there...
no service light on yet though - 2300miles to go so hopefully see the year out if the car doesn't tick over on a 12month timing (whenever that'll be).

which dealer is your experience from dweezle?

Peterborough, They've always looked after me and I've had no problems with them so I can't complain there,

It's the being left confused that grates me, In their defence there has been confusion from day one with these cars. Service 1-3 faultless,
It started last year with the valve confusion 25k or 75k, this year was no doubt due to the whole social distancing malarkey and lack of staff, service manager not at hand so left with service call takers, wrong service logged on the system,
Going through the check sheet with me was just pointless as you're seated away from the counter and can't see a thing, card reader is sanitised but you can't take it so you have to stretch and flap about trying to locate the card, it's then sanitised again after transaction, your keys are sanitised and sealed in a zip bag, paperwork is in sealed bags........
So all that was the main damper on this service.

Grantham comes highly recommended from Type R owners but Peterborough's location suits me better,

Avoid kettering though shocking service department, I can still see his smug face telling me that the stumpy hamp oil filter is not meant for the Fn2, I told him probably 80-90% of owners are using them he looked at me and said "well it looks like 80-90% are wrong then" they then overfilled me by 1ltr :rolleyes:

minor but annoying fault has grown on mine - rear view mirror has decided to rattle at around 2-2.3k rpm. not sure if the lower engine stabiliser bar is the cause with more vibration as thats been fitted for over a year now. Not sure what i can do with that as i bet theres no adjustment to stiffen things up.

also went on an experience day on friday. supercharged atom. it's been something i've been stalling on for a while as i know it wont leave the civic in good light, and i was right. Trying to remind myself it's 3x the cost when new and completely different so i shouldn't be comparing. if it weren't for a lack of garage or tied into another few years of loans i'd be looking right now. Atom was surprisingly not the beast you think it is, very tame and power was smooth. i guess with the lack of torque, it's very honda-esque and the ride was far smoother and less windy than expected. i'm sure with stiffer tyres and a grip setup on the suspension, it'd be much more like i expected.
maybe i'll dump 50-75% of the civic loan into savings and grab a 2020 atom once the civic is done. might even be able to stretch to the 3.5R as i did find the supercharged slower than expectations (still bloody rapid though).
Will then have to choose between a xbow, atom or caterham depending on prices and performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had screw come loose in side the sensor housing behind the mirror. I got the cover off, screw dropped onto the dash with it when it slid off. Refitted and problem solved.

Might not be your issue, but worth a check.

Tyre pressure warning popped up this morning the repaired one was showing 24psi,
Since the service the car has only been used twice a week so the repair hasn't lasted long,
Mobile fitter hopefully fitting 2 rears later today

Also been debating chopping it in and going practical, ford ranger or something similar decisions decisions

i had the same urge the other week. pretty much any costly trackday failure would've been the end of the FK2 for me.

thankfully nothing failed but am seeing excessive wear on my girodiscs. Bought 'em aug'19, maybe had 6months of real use between track & road, and i'm down to 30.2mm already (30mm minimum). Seems to be overheating which the CL pads are masking very well (no fade at all) so back to brake cooling efforts. Washer bottle is being relocated and i'm running 6" ducting to replace the OEM ducts.

Anyone had the big 6th year service yet and how much,
And is anyone else seeing roof rust appearing under the windscreen rubber, noticed a small fine rusty orange line on the drivers side corner 3wks back during its wash and I'm now starting to see little pin bubbles........ I can already picture the outcome of this claim

Pretty sure 6th year is oil, brake fluid , valve clearance,

I worked out it made more sense for me overall to jump into a new fk8 than service for years 6 and 7 plus I knew I needed a clutch too, so bailed out of the fk2 after 41k miles and into a new fk8 with 5 year service pack and new waranty

Wow,
I remembered the service manager saying a few yrs back the 6th is where they make some money back on these service packages,
Valves were done last year, I think fuel pump is on the 6th year, I can probably save a bit buying through Cox,
It's all on this rust whether I keep it, if its a no then it could well be bye bye Honda, I can't see how they can refuse, 38k, every service on the button with main dealer but then again they were rejecting months old cars for gearbox

Mine had the 5 year service plan and I took out another 4 year plan with honda for 1100. On year 6 it's marked as an oil and filter change. Although it's only done 1400 miles so far

Last edited:
Booked in for the end of July, I was told because I had the minor service last year this one will be a major + valve clearance,
Valves were done last year so just £310 for the service,
Service manager deals with all warranty and he's on holiday that week so body shop will take a glance at the rust line and pass it on when he returns

Just had 6th year service yesterday. Was classed as a minor... oil and filter. Car is on 19k miles so I'm guessing it's my valve clearances next year... any clues as to the cost of that one... this minor was £215

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Back