• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Interesting. Certain magazines will always carry badge snobbery , it's down to the individual and what suits them at the end of the day , I'll never own a ford for as long as I walk the planet, that's not to say that joe bloggs won't own one , to each their own. The FK2 to me, is the better machine. I find it hilarious reading various forums and social media people slating the fk2 , when they currently drive a shed. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

.. With that being said , I'd rather have an RR than the FK2 , if I was told to choose one , the RR would be the one !

Agreed. Some people have an awful chip on their shoulder about the TypeR for some reason. Very aggressive and very easy to wind up. Great entertainment!

New Civic Type R

Agreed. Some people have an awful chip on their shoulder about the TypeR for some reason. Very aggressive and very easy to wind up. Great entertainment!

Link ?

The hatred on the top gear page is laughable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much everybody slates Honda.
Its inbred into the kids, we have apprentices at work who are trying to convince one of them not to buy a DC5 and get a Fiesta ST.
Obviously ive stuck my oar in.

Its inbred into the kids, we have apprentices at work who are trying to convince one of them not to buy a DC5 and get a Fiesta ST.

Are you being serious, there is no comparing the two cars at all. I know I could be seen as bias as I'm a type r owner but come on really

The two cars are not even in the same class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you being serious, there is no comparing the two cars at all. I know I could be seen as bias as I'm a type r owner but come on really

The two cars are not even in the same class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the youth of today and the reputation of Honda

Yes. Had a guy at shell garage the other day telling me that his corsa Vxr would eat the fd2 in the bends.

Yes. Had a guy at shell garage the other day telling me that his corsa Vxr would eat the fd2 in the bends.

No. Just no. I'd be having a nice chilled out twisty road home only to have an impatient couple trying to bomb past. One in an Evo, the other in a TT RS. Not same day but same road. Let them pass and then decide to have some fun and they'd never get away.

This just makes me want the Type R more to be honest:

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/ford-focus-rs-vs-rivals

Interesting read that.

Personally my order would be:

Focus
A45
Civic

Golf

This is of course a typical internet opinion; I've only ever driven an A45 and once sat in an FK2.

Don't knock it 'till you've tried it...

a8b5epp_460sa_v1_zps9136f5d8.gif

Depends on your priorities...assuming it's the Mk7 with the Ecoboost motor, it's a new/nearly new car still under warranty that's easier to live with on a daily basis. I can see the attraction over a 10+ y/o DC5. The 2.0 Mk6 is utter sh*t though.

The yoof of today is being brought up on a diet of instant and easy gratification, forced induction, woolly electric power steering and fake electronic differentials. They don't really get the opportunity to understand the purity that the mechanical ways bring, and the screaming 8000rpm rush.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they were on about the latest one. 1.6 turbo 190bhp???

They were spouting off the good old American out downs. Slow, no torque etc etc.

Back