• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I had thought about it but then if it's got to come out to be repaired I might as well do a straight swap over,
I've dropped Cox a message, I'll see what they come back with, I think the Fk8 seats are a straight swap but I prefer the slimness of the Fk2 seats.

I'm swaying more towards aftermarket now as the bolsters are lower and one piece, the standard bolsters are basically a welded rod frame

Yeah that makes sense. I take it you would replace the seats as a pair then?

I'm sure the passenger seat would go for pretty good money to at least cover some of the cost to swap them. Though I'd be really surprised if Honda didn't supply any parts to replace/repair the seat at all.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah that makes sense. I take it you would replace the seats as a pair then?

I'm sure the passenger seat would go for pretty good money to at least cover some of the cost to swap them. Though I'd be really surprised if Honda didn't supply any parts to replace/repair the seat at all.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

The passenger side very rarely gets any use but it has always niggled me watching passengers really struggling to get out, they tend to grab and lean on anything in sight, so for that reason alone I would replace both if I go aftermarket.

Had a dig through my emails and this is the reply from Cox Honda dated April 2018,
"Hello,
Thanks for your message!

Unfortunately all of the seat parts are for some reason not available to order from Honda UK, see example of one seat component below L"

Hopefully it's now changed as the bolsters have been a wear and tear issue for numerous owners

Cox sent me some diagrams regarding seat parts today,
I've had to let them know which parts I'm after and they will let me know if they are actually available for delivery and how much.
I've asked for a price on the lower part and a price for a complete seat as it maybe easier to replace as one piece, I'll post prices for future reference when I hear back

As promised,
Not sure if the pad comp seat cushion part means a complete unit with frame work, if so then it's cheaper than the cover as that is a separate part.

COVER, R. FR. SEAT CUSHION TRIM *R124L* (R124L R-RED) £233.99

PAD COMP., R. FR. SEAT CUSHION £162.56.

Complete seat isn't deliverable and couldn't price it up due to all the components needed,
Not sure what to do now, as looking at the break down of the seats it looks like a ballache of a job

Bit of clarification on the above,
Seat cover is £233.99
The seat cushion is basically that, padding only NO framework £162.56

Actual framework is unavailable from Cox, I'm just awaiting confirmation on whether that is throughout or actual dealer only.

But it's looking like aftermarket for me with low bolsters.

*Seats should be available via main dealers, price unknown

Last edited by a moderator:
£233 not too bad tbh for the seat cover.
cant you strip and get it welded up? gotta be a mobile welder in your neck of the woods. might even be able to get a triangular piece welded in to strengthen it up too.

i've looked at decent speced seats comparable to the typeR's - recline bucket thats suitable for long haul... not cheap at all.

I've got mates with welders who've offered but I'm a fussy fecker and I know it would niggle away at me that I've bodge repaired something I've broke instead of replaced, (I promised myself from day one that if I'm spanking out on a new car then I won't scrimp on it)
The plan was to buy a new one move the bolsters to a comfy position and plate them in place,

If Cox had them I would have ordered today and moved on but things happen for a reason as they say so I saw it as an opportunity to do something different,
I decided tonight to leave the seat and get xmas out of the way and in the meantime do my homework and see what's what ready for the new year.

I've a couple in mind already, Sparco SPX have caught my eye expensive but 10% off on sportseats4u, Bride XL also on the list, I'm seeing low mounting brackets popping up which would be a Godsend if they're compatible

going through rethinking my daily+track car plan.

with this weeks issues that have come to light tonight - reworking PCV tubing, track pads, tyre wear, im not sure what to do.
PCV tubing; yep, my fault as i should've hose clamped 'em. while cheap and straight forward, it was unexpected work.
track pads; excessive wear on the road so would be track-only. could use low dust pads for the road. Rears are very low now but atleast they're due to fair wear. 18months on the rear isn't too bad imo.
tyres; cup2's wore brilliantly on the outer edge. ps4s's; not so much when i had 'em up front. problem is the inner edge on the cup2's look like it could be the decider on lifespan. might be toe out but i'm hesitant to getting it done as the car always comes out with s/wheel no longer straight. might just give it a small tweak myself.
also been looking at a dedicated set of track wheels. set of TD wheels on ebay at a tempting price, but a pair of tatty FK2 wheels and just swap the front end between road & track rubber.

my problem is i dont know whats bugging me. working on the car unexpectedly, or knowing it must be at least somewhat reliable for work. i guess both would be solved by getting another car but thats not why i bought the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
going through rethinking my daily+track car plan.

with this weeks issues that have come to light tonight - reworking PCV tubing, track pads, tyre wear, im not sure what to do.
PCV tubing; yep, my fault as i should've hose clamped 'em. while cheap and straight forward, it was unexpected work.
track pads; excessive wear on the road so would be track-only. could use low dust pads for the road. Rears are very low now but atleast they're due to fair wear. 18months on the rear isn't too bad imo.
tyres; cup2's wore brilliantly on the outer edge. ps4s's; not so much when i had 'em up front. problem is the inner edge on the cup2's look like it could be the decider on lifespan. might be toe out but i'm hesitant to getting it done as the car always comes out with s/wheel no longer straight. might just give it a small tweak myself.
also been looking at a dedicated set of track wheels. set of TD wheels on ebay at a tempting price, but a pair of tatty FK2 wheels and just swap the front end between road & track rubber.

my problem is i dont know whats bugging me. working on the car unexpectedly, or knowing it must be at least somewhat reliable for work. i guess both would be solved by getting another car but thats not why i bought the car.

You won't be the first or last, ultimately using a road car as a track car is a compromise that will ultimately cost more than a dedicated track car and will devalue your road car. VOE.

I went from road car, to road/track car, 150+ trackdays over a few years, upgrading a lot, including me through various coaches, sprinting then racing, road driving in pretty much same car over 14 years, was 3 variants of the same model. If I had my time again I would buy a race car and track that. My fun road car FK8 sorry, may get tracked but I recognise the failings of it compared to a Caterham, Lotus like car. Weight is a killer I'm afraid.

didnt think i'd hit the wall so quick with it tbh. i did read other experiences with running dual duty cars before deciding to buy the FK2.

TD1.3 8.5x18's bought at the weekend to run track rubber. I'll be swapping front pads between road and track.

Anybody have problems with the auto/see you home lights in the past,
Got in the car this morning and nothing, interior lights come on but no headlights, I locked the car and tried again and they worked,
Just been out to the car and gone back to not working, lights work fine in manual mode just not on auto

Back to normal auto tonight,
I fiddled with my footwell light connector on Friday so I'm hoping it was just error on my part by not putting the stalk back correctly crossing everything I've not accidentally loosened something in the fuse box

6am the first time, I remember flicking through the stalk and just got darkness every time it hit auto, I got out locked up and waited, touched the handle and it lit up like nothing had happened.
But because it was niggling me I'd then forgotten what the dash lights looked like in daylight so got myself in a tiz on my first post,
I was praying it would be ok come home time because It's been playing on my mind all day.
If I'm honest I finally felt like calling it quits with the car but driving home it was faultless and rapid, I'm back in that love/hate relationship :rolleyes:

Back