• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

dont start with that love/hate stuff. i'm in a love stage. dont want no talk that could change it :p
ofc, MOT on wednesday so that could throw something unexpected.

mine has been fine with auto lights although it's time that of year where the collision sensor is getting sun blinded and randomly triggering.

Need to get mine booked in for its 6 month oil change but got too much going on around the house,
I am loving the cold temps with the GruppeM intake, the car feels rapid the Marty exhaust is popping and burbling, the car is now paid off but I'm still feeling :smt102

I've done the usual eBay searches GTR, Evo, Scooby, Golfs, BMW, Mercs, Lotus, Range Rover, L200 pick up,
All within budget but I prefer having the cash in my pocket from now on, if I was to sell up I would probably go down the L200 route

Anybody have problems with the auto/see you home lights in the past,
Got in the car this morning and nothing, interior lights come on but no headlights, I locked the car and tried again and they worked,
Just been out to the car and gone back to not working, lights work fine in manual mode just not on auto

Just to update for future reference,
Auto function can be disabled when the engine is off but automatically switches itself back on the next time the car is started,
Which explains my dilemma Monday, footwell lights on Friday car didn't get used till Monday :smt023

speaking of quirks, anyone get unsmooth cruise control when at around 40mph in 6th (around 1500rpm)? don't remember the car doing it when new and only happens with that combination as 40 in 5th is fine. car wants to fluctuate a bit going on&off power rather than keeping it smooth/consistent. no cruise and i can keep it smooth with my foot.
not sure if car or one of the many mods. i'm thinking possibly the SMF induced it as i've only noticed it this year. i'm more curious if others have noticed it than anything else..

Personally I wouldn't ever run a petrol engine under load at anything much less than 2000rpm. I used to keep my k20 above 2500 so as never to labour the engine. It's somewhat of a pet hate of mine when cars tell you what gear to be in, my dad's FK Honda (1.8 petrol) does this and suggests 6th gear for 30mph cruising. I'm sorry, but that's just plain wrong. The engine doesn't like it one bit and it's less economical than 4th gear at that same speed. Farking BS I tell thee.

I rarely even use the derv down below 1500rpm either.

It's not good for an engine to ever be laboured, give it an easy time and it'll last longer. Certainly don't expect smooth running from doing that.

Couldn't even tell you how to switch on cruise control :lol: something I've yet to try

lol, my fk2 is the first time ive used it, had it in my last 2 cars and didnt ever use it, was kinda forced to use it on a run to inverness during the summer due to the overhead average speed cameras wasting a beautiful bump free stretch of road
its actually pretty good

Dream use Evolve in Luton. Same guys that make the Eventuri. They also make my intercooler which gave better results than the Airtec and the Wagner. Those guys really know their stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the Evolve intercooler the one that is branded as Dreams intercooler? Where did you see the info regarding their IAT's being lower than Airtec and Wagner? Info appreciated as that's the next item on my shopping list.

Decided on going for a full wrap maybe this year at some point, quick wash of the car today and I noticed loads of new stone chips have appeared on the bonnet and quite a few are going orange already.
Vented bonnet is happening and maybe a complete colour change wrap

decided on colour? couple of favs (in no order)
deep red: https://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads...0107/7cdf584a0099cae66b5a2111ee66213e-700.jpg. i was hoping honda had such a colour when i bought, but alas the solid mid-red was all they did.
keeping it honda; Imola Orange (s2000/nsx)
green: http://wrapconcepts.co.uk/wp/?post_type=portfolio&p=473

wraps wont be as good as proper protecting layer like xpel or venturesheild. wraps are thinner and dont self repair. If your going bonnet then i'd highly recommend getting it protected which should increase selling price.
also bonnets... i've see the aeroworks on an FK2. not good quality at all. iirc the weave was ok but clear coat was poor. the tegiwa louver (fn2) was superior. both seen on the same day at the btcc club stand.

Bonnet will be one of HZ dynamics, I did fire off an email querying possible fitment issues with the GruppeM but still haven't received any kind of reply, I would usually say your loss and purchase elsewhere but seeing as they are in my county and the only ones making them I'll wait.

Wrap won't be wrap wrap it will be that new self healing wrap, the company is also in Leicestershire so a no brainer.
Colour wise, I discussed it with my nephew and we think a nice matt colour, black or gun metal and the carbon clear wrapped, I also like the half wrap like OZ alloys Cw Fk2 demo car,
I don't think it will be cheap though as it needs detailing beforehand,
[video=youtube_share;GdGFVOgS_YA]https://youtu.be/GdGFVOgS_YA[/video]

i like that HZ bonnet. very aggressive. wish they had a fitted FK2 example rather than just a loose bonnet.

i used a place in Daventry - https://bodyguarduk.com/. 4years since i had it done and it's been perfect. i dont recall them doing coloured layers, just the clear PPE from what i saw in their stock/cutting room.
pretty sure they went through the 'detailing' step as it's required to get a good surface to work with. like anything, prep is key so no point working with a poor surface

700 odd, but would help the heating issues,
Even in winter I'm smelling hot engine when I get home, and that's plodding along behind slow drivers

no smells here. sure a hose or something hasn't popped off?
kinda interested in that. £700 not to be sniffed. not sure what else i'd spend it on the car though. induction kit and remap have been on my mind recently (more idle passing curiosity). think i need to see how the car handles on track over the next few events, and i'll be due 2 sets of tyres this year too - winter set are ok on tread but will be splitting running road-only and track-only tyres which will likely be road legal, but not fully decided on that yet. if i'm swapping front pads at the track, then why not tyres...

I've got an order in yesterday for the acuity pedal spacer and dream seat cover so thats likely all i need ready for silverstone in april.

It's only the normal waft of hot engine smell, it's the turbo area that gets hot and that's all I'm smelling, I've good a nose :) All temps are fine, been the same since day one.

Car is paid off now so I'm 560 a month richer, so plans for me, alloys, bonnet, boot skin, wrap/protection and something with the interior if I can be bothered.
Not got anywhere with the drivers seat, there was a pair of fronts on ebay, I put them in my watch basket, hesitated for a over week due to delivery times and they just disappeared, I know they were on Facebook so probably sold on there, drivers bolster looked filthy on Facebook so probably a good job I missed out.
Big 5 year service this year, I'm also pushing for valve clearance (after last years rigmarole :rolleyes:) I think fuel filter is on the 5 year service

Have you changed your cabin filter dweezle? Helped get rid of my engine smell in the car which was giving me headaches. New rubber and ppf on my arches is next on my list. Mps4s .Then I'm looking at seat covers from seatskinz which look amazing. Not like seat covers at all. Still want a remap but some comments on here have gave me the fear. Was hoping for feedback from a Scottish guy on here that got his done

I should have said, It's an outside smell not inside, when I fall out of the car I catch a waft in the air nothing to worry about.
It retains a lot of heat under the bonnet, sometimes I pop out in my dinner to dip oil and you can still feel warmth

Anyone had issues with the car not starting? This is what I've been getting this morning trying to start it up? Tyre pressure is flashing and speedo flashes on and off when holding down the ignition, I'm stumped so any help would be great!
7e3d02a60b1766efd7e084134d464ee4.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Back