• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It looks ok and 5 door may sell better than 3dr appealing to those who have kids, the back end for me is the issue as it was with the FN2 just not into big arses!

There was a rumour ages ago about a diesel version of the Type-R and with it being 5 door as well could mean I get myself one again.

New model Civic Type R ?

It looks ok and 5 door may sell better than 3dr appealing to those who have kids, the back end for me is the issue as it was with the FN2 just not into big arses!

I totaly agree they got it spot on with the ep3 i do love the fn2 but the back end isnt very desirable.

New model Civic Type R ?

I own one but don't like the look of the EP3. The EJ9 and the FN2 are the best looking IMO. If I knew what I know now I would have got an EJ9, in drug dealer black!

looks good. not sure about the four wheel steering though. I like that they are keeping the high revs.

I still think by the time this comes out I will be in a turbo'd GT86.

spoke to honda service manager who iknow today,he has read some details from honda saying that new type r will be 2.0l turbo but more importantly keeping vtec

I'm glad it may still have the "top end surge" as it says in the article it may be kind of what I said turbo low and mid range and a kind of vtec or vtec in the high rev range. I hope it will be different from the normal everyday hot hatch. I'm now expecting big things and 300bhp WOOP! WOOP! Should be a scream!!! :D

New model Civic Type R ?

I refuse to get even the slightest bit interested until actual specs are up on Honda.

I am also assuming it's going to be heavy. With a turbo.

I predict it will be dull on track and uninspiring to drive. Might as well buy a VAG hatchback.

Happy to be proven wrong but still more interested in the lower power GT86.

New model Civic Type R ?

I refuse to get even the slightest bit interested until actual specs are up on Honda.

I am also assuming it's going to be heavy. With a turbo.

I predict it will be dull on track and uninspiring to drive. Might as well buy a VAG hatchback.

Happy to be proven wrong but still more interested in the lower power GT86.

Agreed!

Why so glum? Have some faith hopefully it will be awesome and king of the hot hatches once again :D

New model Civic Type R ?

Too late. No
Hot hatches no longer exist, just heavy oversized people carriers.

Honda have been showing this off at BTCC meets this year, Honda guys on the stand say it's what the car will look like, and will be called a Type R, but no final decision on engine yet.

Re: New model Civic Type R ?

That's the Mugen car bud. Mugen aero bits, wheels and suspension.

Back