• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It won’t let you do a total of 1 so I’m assuming they’re single discs and you have to purchase 2 for the front axel to be done weird system, I’ve never seen it done that way when ordering discs before but can’t really complain with the price it comes in at!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just confused me as I previously found a set before I posted @ £103.40 (listed as a set) but clicking the link it automatically added 2 to the basket hoofing it over £200.
Interesting these discs come with screws, where as Honda sell those separately

It just confused me as I previously found a set before I posted @ £103.40 (listed as a set) but clicking the link it automatically added 2 to the basket hoofing it over £200.
Interesting these discs come with screws, where as Honda sell those separately

And those screws (OEM or otherwise) are generally crap :)

I ended up buying my own. Some people install the discs without, I just use better screws that aren't made of rust-prone chocolate and aren't philips/pozi meaning I can actually get a driver that will install/remove them cleanly.

Just noticed tonight the paint on my Brembo caliper has started to peel off. Has this happened to anyone else? Surely it's a warranty job?

I need to act fast as my warranty actually expires end of this month! What are my options?

Cheers.

Just noticed tonight the paint on my Brembo caliper has started to peel off. Has this happened to anyone else? Surely it's a warranty job?

I need to act fast as my warranty actually expires end of this month! What are my options?

Cheers.
Stuck record moment, Warranty and Honda should not go together, you will get nowhere and get nothing but headaches, you never know though you might get lucky.

Mine started within a year old, they have now lost all lacquer and are now a dull pastey pink red,
It's quite common and has happened to a fair few owners, Honda usual excuse "driver error" someone even contacted Brembo and got very similar answers, the word impossible was chucked in if I remember correctly.

You could try to catch it early with some lacquer and a brush, my route is either purchase a decent 2nd hand set and send them off for a full colour change refurb or go bigger

Last edited by a moderator:
Car passed its MOT no advisories :woot: even said it's a beast of a car, brakes got a big thumbs up so that's reassuring.

So I now know to ignore the dealer's health check and go back to good old fashioned manual checks and gut feeling and the car will fly through its MOT

yeah, dealer likes to put the fear into you with possible failures.

Was the other way for me on last year's fail, The dealer's tick sheet was all green, service manager himself said I've got a few thousand left in my tyres.
So off I went to its first MOT thinking it's walked it only to be hit by a dangerous fail due to front tyre showing cord on the inner edge and the others had advisories, 4 new tyres all round and a first time fail

Stuck record moment, Warranty and Honda should not go together, you will get nowhere and get nothing but headaches, you never know though you might get lucky.

Mine started within a year old, they have now lost all lacquer and are now a dull pastey pink red,
It's quite common and has happened to a fair few owners, Honda usual excuse "driver error" someone even contacted Brembo and got very similar answers, the word impossible was chucked in if I remember correctly.

You could try to catch it early with some lacquer and a brush, my route is either purchase a decent 2nd hand set and send them off for a full colour change refurb or go bigger

Well i had 4 new wheels from them recently 2 in jan, 2 in april., they tried to wriggle out of it, i simply asked honda customer service to send the tech guy who refused my claim from dealer provided photos to come and meet me at my local dealership and ill show him in person why they have corroded (fook all paint on back of alloys and none on rear of spokes, so corrosion works round from there) Hey presto 4 new alloys. My alloys had zero curbing mind, if you have any damage you wont get a warranty claim approved. Warranty book says alloys covered for 7 years, so i just kept pushing.

Ref the caliper issue i wonder if its had non safe wheel cleaning products on them , or product left on to long. Ive only ever used iron x and standard wash wax on mine and they look brand new. Or a bad batch from brembo?

Well i had 4 new wheels from them recently 2 in jan, 2 in april., they tried to wriggle out of it, i simply asked honda customer service to send the tech guy who refused my claim from dealer provided photos to come and meet me at my local dealership and ill show him in person why they have corroded (fook all paint on back of alloys and none on rear of spokes, so corrosion works round from there) Hey presto 4 new alloys. My alloys had zero curbing mind, if you have any damage you wont get a warranty claim approved. Warranty book says alloys covered for 7 years, so i just kept pushing.

Ref the caliper issue i wonder if its had non safe wheel cleaning products on them , or product left on to long. Ive only ever used iron x and standard wash wax on mine and they look brand new. Or a bad batch from brembo?
You got lucky with all 4, I know of owners getting the odd one on warranty. My alloys have also started corroding but I know it will fall on deaf ears.
The calipers I'd say more poor quality and not error, mine were ceramic coated so no chemicals were used for a couple of years, rears are perfectly fine but both fronts are lacquer free, I think there was a big Facebook list a year or so back with owners suffering

my calipers looking bad this year. i've a feeling it's trackdays. the heat cycles cause the lacquer coat to crack and eventually flake off. always seems to eminate from the sharp edges of the caliper casting. wonder if it's worth running a file/sandpaper over the sharp corners to smooth them off (and get 'em re-painted) to see if that helps lifespan. they are very much brown when i leave trackdays but recover their red after a few weeks of road.
they're cared for with ironX every so often and VP Bilberry wheel cleaner for it's regular cleans.

Hi all
I’ll be a Potential future FK2 owner one day, just wondering if there’s a fix / acknowledged problem
Regarding the gearboxissue? Is it a problem that develops over time or is it detectable on test drives ?

Got my first "your lights are too bright" flash this morning :rolleyes: expecting many more to come now the dark mornings are back so back to my daily effing and jeffing till spring.

On a good note cleared one of my loans last night :woot: 10 months early and only 2000 left on my other one, So 40k "wasted" in under 5 years :( was a silly move the more I think about it.
So did the usual debt free thing and jumped on autotrader to see if it's worth going through it again :lol:
I do have have a mixed list of potentials,
Or I either keep it and actually enjoy having money again, Or keep it dump off my old focus and 3 year lease something cheap,
Or keep it and save up for something fun
:smt102

Got my first "your lights are too bright" flash this morning :rolleyes: expecting many more to come now the dark mornings are back so back to my daily effing and jeffing till spring.

I get those whenever I drive mine in the evenings without fail, they get the obligatory “they can be brighter” flash back and a big ol’ s**t eating grin not that they can see it!

This one got the full beam till we past, they did go full beam last minute but reckon I drove away winning that one :lol:
Happens time and time again every year without fail, I also get reminded about the will it wont it auto dip moments

This one got the full beam till we past, they did go full beam last minute but reckon I drove away winning that one :lol:
Happens time and time again every year without fail, I also get reminded about the will it wont it auto dip moments

One of the few times the car winds me up, that will it won’t it dip then you have to manually dip and auto doesn’t turn back on for a few minutes!

Just turn the auto lights off. Problem solved.

5f6bc495433137d4d8d26a86ca933fdc.gif

Just turn the auto lights off. Problem solved.

5f6bc495433137d4d8d26a86ca933fdc.gif

I could never use them on my FN as I’d forget to turn them off and they’d drain my battery, I can forget them in the FK and it doesn’t drain my battery so I’m making up for lost experience myself

The weld on my bolster finally gave way yesterday thanks to my work colleague parking so close which caused me having to squeeze in to the seat, it's basically being held upright by the adjustment handle and material.

I'm going to try Cox again as I remembered them saying for some unknown reason there are no seat parts listed on the system, I'm hoping that was for the special edition seats.
Failing that I may have to go aftermarket, I remember seeing a UK Cw owner on Instagram fitting one in his but can't remember his name, Everything on the car he did himself, had a full big brake conversion if it rings any bells with anyone.
I've looked on Bride-jp at the XL StradiaII range and also the Eurosterll range listed for FK2 but it just got confusing, search via their vehicle choice and the Fk2 isn't listed, yet near every R including the Fk8 is,
I'm also unsure on how to get the correct size for the car, also rails, air bag sensors etc.
https://bride-jp.com/en/_cars/domestic-car/HD/HD22197.html
Any input would be appreciated or even if anyone has come across anything on Faceache regarding owners changing seats

Is it an option to get it repaired? Or are you set on a replacement?

Most things can be fixed and improved if willing, just a though.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Back