• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Maybe your email provider is saving your daughter's eyes from being irreparably damaged by seeing the horrific toss Mugen has served up.

I agree wirh you Welshy regarding the Mugen FK2, the standard car straight from the Swindon factory looks better imho.

Bring back the EP3 with the new turboed K20? Not likely but we can dream.

In regards to good customer service I always thought that was something Japanese companies were big on.

The sound of "Ah well if you don't buy it someone else will" against the background of people cancelling their orders.

Commercial ignorance at it's finest.

Theres one big big con..........its the blue badge on the front and the unreliability and poor workmanship that goes with it.

Probably the wrong forum for saying this but..... I think ford are pretty good now. They have really improved in the last 10 years or so. The focus is a really good quality car imo. I think the RS will be a great car.
Personally I prefer the look of the type r hence why I bought one. In terms of quality ford have caught up and I seriously considered one.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Focus ST, 13 plate.

Blowing fuses the day I picked it up. Sat in the showroom for 3 hours while they tried to sort it and finally left with the car but without the illuminated sill plate on the passenger side connected as it was that grounding to earth blowing the fuses. A week later replacement part arrived, another 5 hour wait while they fitted it.

A month later, peeling lacquer on the boot needed respraying.

About a month later, power steering failed whilst driving. Complete loss of assistance. Took a week to get it into the main dealer for diagnostics, computer said new rack needed. Took another week plus 4 days of the dealer forgetting to ring me for it to arrive and get it fitted. Car was given back to me massively pulling to the left, despite assurances it had been 4 wheel laser aligned. Took it back next day and demanded they sort it. 20 minutes and the service manager saying, "God yes that did pull a bit," I got it back with no apology or explanation, no pulling but quickly apparent no front end grip either. Took it to Grinspeed a few days later and it is measured at toeing in 6mm on the front. Setup correctly and much better.

6 weeks later, the replacement illuminated sill plate blows again. Ford refuse warranty on the proviso that it is classed as bulbs and trim.

Car promptly sold.

Now baring in mind that the ST is made in a different factory than the normal Focus, allegedly to bolster the build quality, I can't help but think what the normal one is like.

Never owned a blue oval but plenty of Renault sports so I'm not adverse to poor quality. A big sway personally for me is the residuals of an rs, it also sounds like a weapon judging by the initial reaction to boot.
Horses for courses but all things considered my money will be on the rs once they can give me a bloody finance quote.

Never owned a blue oval but plenty of Renault sports so I'm not adverse to poor quality. A big sway personally for me is the residuals of an rs, it also sounds like a weapon judging by the initial reaction to boot.
Horses for courses but all things considered my money will be on the rs once they can give me a bloody finance quote.

Well then - you need to brace yourself for the warranty issues! AFTER many Fords in my time - Allmost all of them within 18 months had central locking failure then there was the tyre wear on the front, they all seemed very heavy on front tyres unlike many other of cars in my ownership - irobical but true the car they warned me of heavy tyre wear on the front was the best...allbeit a Galaxy 20tdci auto - situation demanded I buy it at the time.

But the worst of all the Ford ownership experience was the arguments about warranty - the 3 year warranty on Fords at the time was 12 months with Ford and then the other 2 years was dealer backed....so in effect the dealership paid for most of the warranty issues after 12 months, and they dont want to pay so the arguments start.....what a mess.

O an I got Ford employee discounts too............And I still left them!

God the car beaded like a beaut the other night. I nearly creamed.
IKh0mbe.jpg

Popped to my dealer today. As far as they're concerned everyone is getting their cars as scheduled.

One of the sales guys has ordered a blue one and showed me on the screen his is expected at the end of this month.

Said I'd pop back down at the end of the month to see if he has.

8315b534ab459f33509002c8eb3c0527.jpg

Back