• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

To be fair the only fast Renault I drove was the R26R or whatever it's called, but you sat comically high and I didn't like the way the engine delivered its power. I've been in my mates RS which was nice, albeit it didn't feel any quicker than my DC2 at the time.

It doesn't belong to TGM, it's one of their customers. TGM are building it into a race car.

To be fair the only fast Renault I drove was the R26R or whatever it's called, but you sat comically high and I didn't like the way the engine delivered its power. I've been in my mates RS which was nice, albeit it didn't feel any quicker than my DC2 at the time.

It doesn't belong to TGM, it's one of their customers. TGM are building it into a race car.

The R26R was/is supposed to be great. I found the seating position quite high in my Clio but it felt good still. You sit much lower in the (new) Meg so it's an improvement. I sat in the new R and didn't feel like the seating position was amazing. I'm quite tall and it's clearly designed by/for smaller Japanese people! Saying that, the seats are lovely in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're awaiting the white fk2 which will be used for "spares"

22248538acdf769734b0a984a261eb4c.jpg
4334fa93669867345c46f9051532c11d.jpg

I love the fact someone owns two (one of which is being broken already) when some people are getting delayed

Interesting to see how it competes as a race car

No doubting the M35i is an incredible car in terms of performance, it just looks utterly dull in my opinion. No offence by the way, I do think it's a great car that's just my personal preference.

I just got myself a Megane 275 Trophy, and for the money vs a Type R I think it's great vfm. Goes like a rocket and handles amazingly. And £10k less than the Honda. There are deals to be had now amongst all these great hot hatches. The Meg isn't far off the type r in terms of speed too, and I personally think it's just the right balance of looking aggressive and being too OTT.

Whore pic (taken at the local jetwash that just so happens to be next to a BMW/Mini garage!)

C9C5E607-A22F-42BA-863F-923ABAC72CB3_zpsychgbhio.jpg

Lovely motor mate looks great

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

LMP spec Brembo's are going on TGM/RKC's FK2. Blows every other brake setup out of the water.

IMG_1288.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Some trivia on these:
  • Ridiculously light as they're monobloc and have every bit of excess material removed
  • Greater piston force that the BTCC type Brembo's they normally use
  • To change the pads you have to take off the caliper (a result of the design to keep it as lightweight as possible)
  • They have holes to insert brake pad wear sensors

Last edited by a moderator:
A few people on CTRO have posted in the last 24 hours saying that the delivery dates for cars ordered have disappeared from the order system now or are showing March. That's for UK cars ordered in August.

I've not heard anything new but one chap said that he has been told what the issue is but doesn't want to post it and be the one who breaks the news. He's searching Google to see if it's been guessed anywhere. :lol:

I'm guessing production has run into issues again based on the new delays, but like I say, I've not heard anything new.

Lox was watching some videos of the M35i earlier. I do think you'll love it, it sounds ****ing amazing! A lad I know has a video of his going 160 on the autobahn

Those brakes - Wonder how much they set them back?

Hopefully they won't have as many issues as they did with their FD2.

Chap on CTRO has been told by two sales managers that UK batches have been sent back to Honda and customers haven't been told.

I've lost track with what's happening with it all.

They should have mass released the cars or at least a limited run all in one go and then taken orders for next year's models. Demo in all dealers. Get deposits after test drives. Boom.

I saw my first type r 'in the wild' today, nice blue one driving through Chesham this morning when I was on the way to work. Looked good!

Back