• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Anyone had issues with the car not starting? This is what I've been getting this morning trying to start it up? Tyre pressure is flashing and speedo flashes on and off when holding down the ignition, I'm stumped so any help would be great!
7e3d02a60b1766efd7e084134d464ee4.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

yes because my car hasn't moved for 2 months whilst I sorted out brakes and with the alarm going off in all this stormy weather, the battery was flat, plugged in my ctek for a few hours and started straight up

if you've only done short journeys recently or been sat for a while it'll need a good charge

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate the help guys, you were all right, legitimately stumped me that half the dash was still illuminating, only ever had battery issues once before in my work van and that was totally dead so it threw me that stuff was still showing... A nice £165 I wasn't expecting to spend today!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

a suitable quality one for half? Went i was idly looking, it was more in the region of £120+. stop start rated and one of the branded ones; yuasa, bosch, panasonic...
also, i'd recommend charging the battery every 3weeks if it's sat un-used. lead acid dont like being heavily discharged.

at those prices, i'd be researching race batteries. while i dont need the car to start after 3-4weeks, i do use stop/start somewhat often so needs to be able to handle that. £150 gets into the relm of the cheaper/smaller ones.

I've got an order in yesterday for the acuity pedal spacer and dream seat cover so thats likely all i need ready for silverstone in april.

acuity pedal been on for a week and makes it real easy to healtoe. well worth it if thats how you drive! i'm using position B.

does anyone know what the boiling point is of the coolant? i know we're at 1.3bar pressure cap, but i'm seeing mixed info online about boiling points. some say antifreeze ontop of pure water doesnt add too much overhead and gives around 105c boiling point, others are saying coolant adds decent overhead and at 1.3bar is around 125c.
been looking through datalogs of a 13c cloudy donington from last october and i'm seeing coolant temps peak at 105c. havent got any data yet from summer trackdays yet

I've got a code nh547 but I think it's the code for the wheels
Managed to put a lovely scratch the full length of my sil today.

If i can't get a match I'll just spray both sills when the weather heats up.. Will do my nut in looking at that big scratch until.then *** :mad:

Just dropped the car off for its now late 5yr service and valve clearance (flashback to last year's fiasco), well it was certainly an odd experience,

I sanitised going in, approached someone YEP a life size cardboard Ant Mcpartlin, looked to my right YEP another cardboard cutout, now confused to where im to go I'm then greeted by...... YEP a cardboard Tom Hardy, the place was full of fake people.

I then find 2 service receptionists hidden behind perspex screens with glare hiding their faces, I'm told to sit, they then rubber glove up, take details, disappear with printouts (wasn't ready for my arrival) she then came back rubbed her nose with said gloves then carried on :smt017.

2nd receptionist is now free so I'm then passed over to her, "big service and valve clearance isn't it?) Me" No 5th year service and valve clearance, The big service is the 6th year"
"Ok that's £300 for basic service and valve clearance", didn't sound right to me as last year's service was £304 on its own, valves is another £100, so I questioned is that definitely for the 5yr service and clearance, apparently it is, I'm still not convinced.

Then you have to sign the paperwork,
You are handed a sanitised pen in a zip bag (which you keep) and then your keys have to be fully sanitised.
I said no wash please, "Oh no sorry we have to", I said I've only just washed it myself, apparently before it leaves it needs to be cleansed outside and also fully sanitised inside, we agreed on the interior being sanitised.

So yeah once again I'm left confused with my dealer but the whole covid cleansing thing was so surreal, it's the first time I've experienced it,
Those cardboard cutouts to make it look busy though is just creepy

Last edited by a moderator:
How many dealers have you used now Rob or is this still the same one?

This is my 2nd, been using this one since my 2012 Fn2 gearbox & oil overfill nightmare from the other dealer,

This is the one where I purchased the car from it's over an hour round trip, booking days off and relying on lifts so every visit leaves me confused and frustrated.
I know VAT has been lowered in some sectors but £300 for that seems too cheap to me

Phone call #1 already :rolleyes:
"Do you know your tyre pressure warning is on" yes I had new fronts fitted and it came on coming to you, I forgot to mention it, "Oh do you know you have a puncture in your offside rear and also your other is low" Ok not a problem I'll have them replaced when I get the car back "Well it's a good tyre you have 5mm tread left on it, £30 to repair it" yeah just do it, "are you going to replace the other one yourself" is it low pressure or tread "you're down to 3mm" :smt017 yeah i'll sort it.

I had all 4 replaced in 2018, is it possible that after 2 years the rears will still have 1 at 5mm the other at 3mm :smt102 seems a big difference in wear.

Could it just be bad luck and it was actually a puncture setting the warning off or was it the common long journey bug that I assumed it was, and do I just replace the rears before the upcoming MOT :smt102
I know they mean well and I know it doesn't sound like it but they have always done a top job and always looked after me, (they always allow me to drop the car off a day in advance and they start it that day so I can collect it early as possible) but my god just 1 service without them pussy footing is all I ask, I'm not sure if they just over worry themselves with Type R owners because they mention it every time

Back