• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Haha. Yeah that's the one. My screen name is the same (stayfreejc) so you can see the hammering I get. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure an m3 would have the new R but it wouldn't be long before something like a glovebox sensor goes & throws it in too limp mode :lol:

That thread made me laugh. Badge snobbery/loyalty is amusing.

I do understand however that a person who owns a BMW is highly unlikely to like the styling of a FK2. I for one love the extreme styling of the civic, that is a personal opinion, as is the fact I would not want to pay for an RS3, Golf R or M3 that don't stand out enough from the 3-series, A3/S3 and Golf GTI as I would just go for a lesser spec on that basis. Hence why until I drove the new CTR I very nearly bought a Quattro A3.

It's not everyday you will get to use the power, the time I will use it is down some very attractive B Roads or a Track Day, not in a straight line for 11 Seconds. So you want the most fun car to do that in and that is probably the FK2.

PS Plus the M3 is limited to 155 so you would catch it eventually haha :lol:

Just my two scents.

Just been on the Honda website, specced up a new CTR and the price come in at £35,070.

I don't have £35k to spunk on a car although I am sure the Civic is a treat to drive, if I had that kind of wedge then my money would go elsewhere.

C63 AMG.

M3 V8.

RS Audi.

Sorry to burst the bubble guys but £35k on a Civic is still a flucking big ask!!! :shock:

Yeah over 2k for the carbon pack!! If I had the money I would gladly pay 30k though. I personally would prefer one over an Audi but would take a M3 V8 DCT after having a good drive in one not long back.

I heard the arch vents are fake?

They are.

Ah who cares, they look awesome! I examined them up close at white city and yes they are filled by a plastic cover.

You know full well if someone put them on their EP3 or FN2 on here they'd have the shít ripped out of them, but when Honda put them on they're fine? No thanks Jeff.

Both the upper and trailing edge wing vents are not fake. I admit some of them are filled in, but if you look closely quite a few are real with holes all the way through.

Chris.

Just been on the Honda website, specced up a new CTR and the price come in at £35,070.

I don't have £35k to spunk on a car although I am sure the Civic is a treat to drive, if I had that kind of wedge then my money would go elsewhere.

C63 AMG.

M3 V8.

RS Audi.

Sorry to burst the bubble guys but £35k on a Civic is still a flucking big ask!!! :shock:

"That kind of money" does not buy any of those cars...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Don't be a flucking spanner - not brand new I agree but FFS get a grip.

Even though I have the money for the civic (as I ordered one), I could never justify the costs of owning a 5-6 yr old C63, as an example.

A Civic is still a Civic, its cheap to drive and own, at least where I live, as with the s2k. I replaced my s2k for this, so its not going to be my daily. A 5 yr old c63 would probably ruin me, even IF its cheaper to buy.

I'm with Scouse.

The FK2 just isn't for me. I would rather get a second hand RS4 or simular.

Something good to drive but doesn't shout look at all my pointy out bits.

The thing that sells this to me is the running costs. I have friends and family who have m3s/5s and my bro in law had an RS6. They cost a lot more to run. Especially the Audi RS cars as they just seem to go wrong a lot. I can definitely see why the styling won't appeal to everyone though. I myself like it though

I'm with Scouse.

The FK2 just isn't for me. I would rather get a second hand RS4 or simular.

Something good to drive but doesn't shout look at all my pointy out bits.

I could understand that. But an RS4 or similar is not a good car for trackdays, which is why im going for this. Same thing with the C63. It was either supercharging my s2k, buying a lotus exige or this.

And also, I couldnt care less what other people think about my car. I got to hear alot with the s2k as well...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Both the upper and trailing edge wing vents are not fake. I admit some of them are filled in, but if you look closely quite a few are real with holes all the way through.

Chris.

They were on the car I saw in Germany? Unless my memory is failing me.

My mate is running a tuned up Rs4 & I visited him Friday in mine & he fell in love I got a text that night saying he's now rethinking & could be coming back to Hondas.
As soon as he sat in it he fell in love, it's true when you read that these look better in the flesh & it's a nice place to be when sat in one

These ones?

24a8a8651cdeeb681f7e93d07dbca0d7.jpg

85479ba12a5a457ee723fa89865f1d75.jpg

Back