• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I would rather go buy one new lol 32.8K for that one with 7K on it :D

S2KIP I was speaking to the guy that owns the S2K. He loves the car. It was heading for its MOT this morning. He says he always gets Audi drivers or BMW drivers coming the you know with him on the motorway lol.

One idiot boy racer told him nice hairdresser car. Lol Some young drivers need educated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealers aren't giving any discount on the new CTR and there is a 3.5 month waiting period from order to delivery (up to now at least).

That's why this car is still up at list price, no wait...

I've found a bit of wriggle room on price, not the wait, but I'm not saying anything more until it actually comes off as planned. :lol:

I wonder how long it will be before the drivetrain of this CTR finds its way into a Lotus!! :shock:

I remember the K20's were loved by the Lotus conversion lot - will this lump follow suit? :twisted:

I wonder how long it will be before the drivetrain of this CTR finds its way into a Lotus!! :shock:

I remember the K20's were loved by the Lotus conversion lot - will this lump follow suit? :twisted:

Tbh with it being boost and high revving, I can see someone picking it up and chucking it in a drift car. There's a few K20'd drifters around, but most of them rely on some form of FI. With the new lump being good to go, I reckon it won't be long before someone gets the idea.

2015-Honda-Civic-Type-R-price.jpg

+

2014-Lotus-Exige-S-MSRP.jpg

My boner hurts

So... I passed a Honda dealer today and saw a FK2 in there so I turned around and went back to have a look.

As I walked towards the front I thought "Everyone on TRO was right. It is better in the metal" It looks quite aggressive and I changed my mind instantly.

But, as I walked round the side and then to the rear the more things I started to dislike. It's still got too much going on for me and as I've mentioned before it's trying a little too hard. I appreciate that that is the whole point of "Hot Hatches" now and it's meant to stand out and be different. There seemed too many added parts (which i'm sure serve a purpose) and holes\vents in in the body work.

As I left I saw someone getting into it so I waited to see if they were going the same way as me. They pulled up next to me at a round about then turned left. As I saw it pull away the first thing that came to mind was the kind of thing you used to see in Max Power 15 years ago. Massive rear bumper with bits sticking out and loads of exhausts pipes.

But thats just my two pence and what matters is the new owners love it. I understand if no one will acknowledge me on here ever again :getcoat:

I agree, there's angles I don't like, I'm not that keen on the side shot, the front seems to dip down & reminds me of a crow or rooks beak, I have to park side on at work & its the angle Im left with every time I look out

Funny, it seems the new CTR seems to illicit a certain amount of giddy driving by others around.....got to laugh at some of the antics of a few of the older! Audi drivers.

Bought a new bucket and sponge and a chamois ........I have not washed a car in years, dont want to take this to the lads at the hand wash though, they can be a bit heavy handed with the jet wash....

So... I passed a Honda dealer today and saw a FK2 in there so I turned around and went back to have a look.

As I walked towards the front I thought "Everyone on TRO was right. It is better in the metal" It looks quite aggressive and I changed my mind instantly.

But, as I walked round the side and then to the rear the more things I started to dislike. It's still got too much going on for me and as I've mentioned before it's trying a little too hard. I appreciate that that is the whole point of "Hot Hatches" now and it's meant to stand out and be different. There seemed too many added parts (which i'm sure serve a purpose) and holes\vents in in the body work.

As I left I saw someone getting into it so I waited to see if they were going the same way as me. They pulled up next to me at a round about then turned left. As I saw it pull away the first thing that came to mind was the kind of thing you used to see in Max Power 15 years ago. Massive rear bumper with bits sticking out and loads of exhausts pipes.

But thats just my two pence and what matters is the new owners love it. I understand if no one will acknowledge me on here ever again :getcoat:

I agree.

Maybe 3-4 years ago; now however, I'd feel awkward getting out of something that looked like that. A bit too much for me.

Front end looks amazing, better in the metal, but the back end is not for me at all, yet to see a pic or an angle or an in the flesh sight that shows it in a better light.

I'd probably look for an FD2 instead for the same sort of experience (4 door Type-R)... I haven't driven the FK2 though... Just seen it.

a2544783db38c6c6e3deda07d8a7e81f.jpg

I think it looks great, inevitably I'll end up in one of these in the future. Interested to see what the 2017 Model will be like in the future though.

Back