• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

bit of an update on things...

really liking these PBS pads over the HC800's. they bite hard. much of a muchness when pootling around but give the brakes some use and they're so much better. different driving style needed i think, as i find you you hammer the brakes, it's real easy to lock the fronts up. HC800's didnt feel like that so PBS work better with smoothness.
Acuity shift bushes have definitely made an improvement. shift feels consistently good since i've had them fitted for the last month so well worth doing if your considering it.
not sure if it's tyres directly but these cup2's are bad for wheel hop. still waiting for this engine stabiliser bar to turn up (hopefully in the next week) so that should sort that issue out. Once fitted and this knocking has been found (90% sure stabiliser bar will fix, else find it on service in a few weeks) i'll be looking to get a day at donnington booked up.

To be fair it's not hard to beat the HC800, they're pretty pump.

Cup 2's need a dry road and heat to work properly.

nice surprise today... HASport stabiliser bar arrived.
guess we'll find out 100% if the Si mount fits the typeR tomorrow. looks like it and HASport says it does...

guinea pig made it fit :p
didnt fit straight out the box, as it seems the USDM Si uses m10 and narrower bolt center points for the engine side mount.
drilled it out a size to cope with the m12's on our typeR and had to elongate the holes a bit to handle the slightly wider spacing (about 1/4 hole difference). Taper drill for the hole, and dremel for the elongation.

fitment was straight forward if a little faffy. entire bottom tray needs to come off to use power tools, so spanner and ratchet job really. 17mm all round, undo the 3 bolts, rotate mount towards exhaust and out it comes.

RQRm83V.jpg

saw it mentioned on civicx that you could use window weld to seal up the holes in the OE mount rubber. definately work but not sure the result. gotta be better than stock. Honda already fitted a support peice in one of the gaps - typeR only?

l17XL62.jpg

did it fix my knocking? yep, so thats good.
as you'd expect, noticably more vibration but i really like the new feel. I went for the 70A version (so 2nd firmest of 4 levels)

ok, so it didnt fix my knocking but did noticably improve it.
currently eyeball measuring the 2018 Accord mounts from HASport. The Si mount i bought in last post does fit but needs mods. The 2018 USDM 1.5t/2.0t Accord ('CV' model) looks like it uses the same top and bottom mount as the FK2... so no modifying parts.

Also been in contact with Powerflex specifically for the top engine stabiliser bar. They're working on it and expecting to release in about 3 months.

found the knocking too. tie bar/stopper link nut loose. Depending how you tugged on it it'd feel fine so obviously why i didnt find it when i looked at suspension about a month ago. It also looked a bit greasy so a closer look shows the rubber has a slight split. almost positive the damage is related to the clutch/gearbox repair i had in November but hard to prove since i've done so much on the car recently. £140 for new bar and nuts.

noticed yesterday that my steering wheel red bits are starting to rub off. very careful on cleaning (nothing too harsh), typically drive at 3&9 oclock and i'm light on rubbing/friction type wear.
i know others have had issues with the red bits too. seem to be very soft and not suitable for the s/wheel.

aside from the horrible looking carbonzone wheels, anyone done anything with their wheel yet?
If i were to replace it'd be nice to drop a size but then i'd loose the wheel controls. HU is one thing, but cruise/limiter would be a huge loss.

noticed yesterday that my steering wheel red bits are starting to rub off. very careful on cleaning (nothing too harsh), typically drive at 3&9 oclock and i'm light on rubbing/friction type wear.
i know others have had issues with the red bits too. seem to be very soft and not suitable for the s/wheel.

aside from the horrible looking carbonzone wheels, anyone done anything with their wheel yet?
If i were to replace it'd be nice to drop a size but then i'd loose the wheel controls. HU is one thing, but cruise/limiter would be a huge loss.

Assume you’ve seen the Dream suede steering wheels bud? Normally they re-trim the standard wheel but when I went down they didn’t have any so they offered a full circular one that was thicker, I actually much prefer it but obviously doesn’t really fit what you were looking for mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, wont be going suede/alcantara. looks nice till you actually use 'em for a few weeks and end up trying to clean the stuff.
forgot dream did retrim. the nappa&perforated version is tempting.

since it is very mild damage so far, i'm wondering if i can save it with touchup and/or leather sealer to stop further issues or if it's wasted effort and i'll end up with a retrim reguardless

Does anyone know if there's any way to get Android Auto working on the FK2?

Also what's the newest version of the infotainment software? I've found a couple of different answers online so not sure what to look for? I'm picking mine up on the 29th so wanted to make sure it has the newest software :D.

Or has anybody changed their head unit for something newer that does support Android Auto and newer versions of android? :p

Wtf is matey going on about in this advert?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...mk9-i-vtec-type-r-gt-------------2015/9786335

"This car is number 49 of 1500 built, the first 100 models having the upgraded 348 bhp engine"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lol strange advert, I've never read anything about the first 100 having more power?

Last edited by a moderator:
i know rc8 exists. no idea about a later one.
AAuto not available on the FK2 version so you'll probably need to replace. facotry unit promises a lot, but delivers sub-par.

frustratingly i had a fondle of the HU's in halfords the other week as i was idly considering upgrading. i'm hugely disappointed in their performance. £400 kenwood or pioneer shouldn't lag or delay and be silky smooth UI. maybe the first 2 are just the sensation of the latter.

i know rc8 exists. no idea about a later one.
AAuto not available on the FK2 version so you'll probably need to replace. facotry unit promises a lot, but delivers sub-par.

frustratingly i had a fondle of the HU's in halfords the other week as i was idly considering upgrading. i'm hugely disappointed in their performance. £400 kenwood or pioneer shouldn't lag or delay and be silky smooth UI. maybe the first 2 are just the sensation of the latter.

Is there somewhere I can find a list or compatibility checker for Kenwood units and the FK2?

Disappointing that Honda won't add AAuto to the FK2 head unit.

im not aware of a compatbility list, but last time i looked into it there wasn't an insignificant amount spent on conversion cables. connects2 have the majority of cables available, but a bit of a minefeild when theres differences with satnav enabled units and premium audio over the basic version. i think i got well over £200 for the satnav+premium audio thats in the GT.
from memory (this was about 3years ago) i couldnt find out if things like the dynamic reverse lines, rear camera, iMID or HFT module were supported on aftermarket HU's and at the time i wanted a completely OE look and integration.
i remain on the stock system for another 18months after which the 5yr Garmin satnav update period expires and i'm going to re-visit what to do. very tempted to go back to dedicated satnav hardware, audio/reverse cam capable HU.

another thing i also discovered is that it seems no aftermarket HU allows store access. being a car i use for trackday as well, lap timer apps, torque pro etc would be really useful but short of rooting the HU i'm in the same limitation with the Honda unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
im not aware of a compatbility list, but last time i looked into it there wasn't an insignificant amount spent on conversion cables. connects2 have the majority of cables available, but a bit of a minefeild when theres differences with satnav enabled units and premium audio over the basic version. i think i got well over £200 for the satnav+premium audio thats in the GT.
from memory (this was about 3years ago) i couldnt find out if things like the dynamic reverse lines, rear camera, iMID or HFT module were supported on aftermarket HU's and at the time i wanted a completely OE look and integration.
i remain on the stock system for another 18months after which the 5yr Garmin satnav update period expires and i'm going to re-visit what to do. very tempted to go back to dedicated satnav hardware, audio/reverse cam capable HU.

another thing i also discovered is that it seems no aftermarket HU allows store access. being a car i use for trackday as well, lap timer apps, torque pro etc would be really useful but short of rooting the HU i'm in the same limitation with the Honda unit.

Oh the maps in the car are only supported for 5 years? That's pretty poor.

In that case maybe I'll do the same just stick with it until then and then make the switch to AAuto for Google Maps.

5yr free upgrades. you can then buy map updates direct from garmin.
poor updates though, theres a new bypass north of Norwich. been open for over year and it's missed both the yearly updates from garmin.

Back