• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Saw an FN2 on the road today and thought... Damn, for a Type R that looks tame!

Obviously new one starting to take effect!

This isn't a rant, but... Everyone's opinion seems to of changed?

A few months ago this thread was full of "what have they done" "that looks ridiculous" "I won't be buying"

Curious to know what people now like about it?

New Civic Type R

This isn't a rant, but... Everyone's opinion seems to of changed?

A few months ago this thread was full of "what have they done" "that looks ridiculous" "I won't be buying"

Curious to know what people now like about it?

Yea for sure dude. I hated it but it's grown on me loads. I guess marketing works eh!

On a serious note the more you look at something the more you get used to it and can overlook the bits you weren't previously sure on. Also it was hard to tell from previous photos but seeing it online now you get a much better idea of how it looks. It wasn't love at first sight though. Mind you most cars are like that. I used to hate the Megane trophy and now I really like it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I always liked the new type-R. Preferred if they had kept the concept version. Lol But I guess something new. On a personal note and everyone is different, I thought the EP3 was the best looking type R. And having the privacy/Tints on the back windows made all the difference.

I guess Lewis I am curious regarding the new turbocharged engine and the R button.

Also looking forward to seeing what TDi North do with one too. 0-light speed in 5.5 seconds lol :)

For me, my opinion hasn't changed. I still dislike the rear end of the car but I've always said the front is pretty cool. I even like the standard Civic front end, those new DRLs make them look pretty good too.

It has definitely grown on me. The initial shock personally, were the differences between the concept (which was pretty flawless) and what we will get. Had there not been the marketing rubbish, I think the initial reaction would've been more positive.

As a result there are things I'm not keen on - the vents on the side of the bonnet are either cool or horrific depending what mood I'm in, the rear is messy, the spoiler stuck on, the wheels look small from some angles, the two-tone bumpers with the body might be odd, the lashings of red on the steering wheel and elsewhere is ugly and rear arches should be more in line with the front ones.

BUT, it's so much more exciting to look at than it's rivals, it's five doors which is a must on my next car with my daughter, all reviews can't get enough of the handling (it has so much going on underneath which I didn't previously appreciate), I love the front end, love the front arches LOADS, it's stupidly fast, more economical than my M200, has more toys which will make my commute nicer and at 31 I'm just in the window where it is still kinda acceptable to own one I hope* :)

So there we go, that's my life story. Hope you all enjoyed.

* although I'll probably wait a year or two to see how prices hold so everything I've just said was useless.

I love those front vents that's pretty much one of my favourite parts of it. The front lights and badge are cool too. I don't like the rim tape still though. And I think the wheels do sit a little far into the arches but otherwise it all looks decent.

It does seem to be getting some annoying negative reviews in some articles though too. Piston heads prefer the Megane apparently :( and auto express didn't give it a glowing review. I personally think they're bias!

It has definitely grown on me. The initial shock personally, were the differences between the concept (which was pretty flawless) and what we will get. Had there not been the marketing rubbish, I think the initial reaction would've been more positive.

As a result there are things I'm not keen on - the vents on the side of the bonnet are either cool or horrific depending what mood I'm in, the rear is messy, the spoiler stuck on, the wheels look small from some angles, the two-tone bumpers with the body might be odd, the lashings of red on the steering wheel and elsewhere is ugly and rear arches should be more in line with the front ones.

BUT, it's so much more exciting to look at than it's rivals, it's five doors which is a must on my next car with my daughter, all reviews can't get enough of the handling (it has so much going on underneath which I didn't previously appreciate), I love the front end, love the front arches LOADS, it's stupidly fast, more economical than my M200, has more toys which will make my commute nicer and at 31 I'm just in the window where it is still kinda acceptable to own one I hope* :)

So there we go, that's my life story. Hope you all enjoyed.

* although I'll probably wait a year or two to see how prices hold so everything I've just said was useless.

lol that was funny. I am 38 and would still get one. Like I said before, I like that it is a 5 door too especially if you have kids. I know a few prefer that the car was a 3 door. I do like reading what you all think and it is nice to see many opinions on the car.

I am 34 and I'd have one. I drive a clio 200 cup, I really have no ****s left to give for anyone else's opinion on my choice of vehicle. If i enjoy it that's all that matters :)

I may not be lewis but I think my preference for colours would be:
(in order)
1. Black
2. White
3. Grey
4. Red
5. Blue
6. Silver

although black & white are very close call.

For me it would be the White one. Though I do like the Blue. Again I need to see them all in real life.

I do like the crystal pearl black too. I just hope that Honda are using better paint on these. Lol

1. White
  2. Blue
  3. Black
  4. Red
  5. Grey

New Civic Type R

Cor it is a tough decision for sure. I love how crisp and sharp the white one looks, but I also love Honda Red too. It's the classic colour. Saying that, the cosmic and black also look great. I do think black will look hard as nails but I've had black cars before and they are a nightmare for swirl marks and dirt. So i think for me:

1) white
2) red
3) black
4) grey
5) blue

I've not seen any of them in the flesh yet though and that could be a game changer. I've always liked white cars though ever since my days of modding the 106 Rallye I own (although mine is blue) but seeing a white one of those with dark wheels just made me fall in love. Modded car scenes were doing these colour combos (white with black wheels etc) LONG before it was ever embraced and exploited by main stream car manufacturers. In a way I think they owe a lot to the modified car scene, even their direction of the all encompassing 'track day hot hatch' complete with bucket seats and cages etc. I know Porsche have been in that game a while but for regular manufacturers it's a phenomenon only realised within the last ten years I'd say.

Blue anyone?

1012963_10206717238467353_8578843795631199174_n.jpg

11539623_10206717264027992_8579376534693766152_n.jpg

10402940_10206717267788086_2620695296109400907_n.jpg

Back