• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Rim tape should be banned on all colours lol! That is my only face palm moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The non-GT version doesn't have the red rim on the wheels. My dealer said he was confident you could spec a GT car with the non-GT wheels.

colours for me would be

1 Blue
2 Grey
3 Black
4 White
5 Red

The looks lovely in the above pics and could well be the rarest colour.

Have to say I'm not so sure on blue still. I think white or red for me! We need a mini collage of all the colours of real cars next to each other to compare.

The non-GT version doesn't have the red rim on the wheels. My dealer said he was confident you could spec a GT car with the non-GT wheels.

Is it just tape or spray as if tape surely one could remove it easily old bean?

All the non-GT cars I've seen so far have the red rim line

They do not have the red line along the front splitter

I suspect your dealer is getting confused, but I could be wrong.....

Chris.

My dealer was trying to get me to stump up a deposit for one last week. :lol:
Bit rich for me at the moment, and I don't like 'hiring' cars, so its either buy it, or don't have one.

I think the black looks amazing, really really imposing stance. Almost like it has to be Batman's next car :cool:

The white looks great, and the red, well, who doesn't love a red Type R?

Then the polished metal looks the business.

The only one I don't seem to have fallen for is the blue.
I think its a superb colour, but I just don't think its a Type R colour.
There seems to be a clash (in my eyes) with the red accenting of the Type R

Whatever colour anyone has bought, and whatever colour I see one in when they are all out and about on the roads, one thing is for sure, I will be very envious.

And to boot, it is fast and seems to be getting some good reviews.

Lol I wanted him to shut up and let me listen to the engine. His dull tones were annoying. Lol He is a VAG man. Personally Golfs are nice cars but to me the look boring.

And if he was clued up on cars he would know that due to EU requirements for CO2 emissions you will never get a new NA Type-R ever again. :)

But that is his opinion.

New Civic Type R

Some of these reviews cook my suede. Everyone bums the Golf R but you may as well buy a BMW or Audi if you want refined speed. Surely the whole definition of hot hatch is loud, hard, and fast?? Why people look at these cars then moan about the fact they have the above attributes is beyond me.

I'm in a thread on pistonheads at the moment and some of the guys on there are just doing my head with their snobby dismissive opinions. Ah well. I'm sure these will sell well despite their critics doing everything possible to bring them down. The Megane RS Trophy IS comparable to the Honda, however I think the golf R is ultimately a different type of car. It's nice, but it ain't no Honda/Renault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying it's a different car just because of the drive train? Because it's still essentially a 300bhp+ hatch back?

They still compare the A45 and the M135i, so going by your logic, you can't compare them?

Not a shítty comment btw, I didn't really know any other way to write it lol.

Lol no worries dude. Well I mean more the target market and the type of car. Yea it's a 300 club hatch but it's very refined and dare I say it, smart. I would class it more like a rep wagon than an uber hatch as it isn't really raw enough to fall under the same umbrella. I'd say the new RS ford is another one to match the Honda and Renault. But again it's more Lairy and hardcore than the Golf. Does anyone see where I'm coming from lol? :(

I get you, so going by this list below, it only really fits with the new RS then :lol:

Octavia VRS hatch £24k
Audi S1 £25k
265 Megane £25k
Leon Cupra £25k
Focus ST-3 £26k
Golf GTI £26k
Astra VXR £27k
280 Cupra £27k
275 Megane £29k

Golf R £30k
Audi S3 £31k
Focus RS £??k
Merc A45 £37k

I'd rather buy a low mileage Evo MR 360 for £18k and be quids in rather than pay £35k for the hot hatches, but that's just my opinion.

I enquired about a blue evo x fq400 last yr, it was the only one available, but it was straight after my accident & settling debts with the payout crippled my credit score. I looked again recently & they've shot up in value, nice cars

Last edited by a moderator:
Back