• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Looked around the new Type-R at Goodwood on Sunday.

From Photo's I really liked the aggressive styling, but in the flesh I think the implementation looks cheap. Especially the black plastic trim sections, and the steering wheel is awful.

You don't think the Type R will be able to reach those figures with some tuning ?

345bhp that has to power the rear wheels too.

Lastly, it's a Ford. Who wants a Ford ?!

This. Friend of mine turbo charged his B18 civic. Little bit of internal work and some bolt ons and it was making 300 bhp on a dyno dynamics RR and eating GTR'S for breakfast. :D

Honda have been conservative due to new emissions etc without sacrificing too much performance. Honda were the turbo kings in the 80's. Let's see where they are now.

Small update..........

Thursday was the official start of mass production of the Type R.
We did 10 at the end of our late shift, last one coming through our Paint section at 11:30pm !

They will pass through the rest of Paint on Monday morning and onto AF later that day.

We had a little Type R presentation before our shift, telling us all about the importance of upping our game, ensuring top quality etc, and they had this forum as a background in one of the slides. Our team leader then picked up on a quote that just happened to be there, one by Tom83, now famous in our small section !
The one where he quoted that 'all Porsche drivers are c*nts' !!!!!!!!

I did laugh. Simple thing eh !

Lol that's brilliant. Tom, intellectual property. Free TypeR fo' sho'. :D

2908834971d70ae546dae0cfae2f23c7.jpg

20c44c969a490ea3c3917ea7cd0ca587.jpg

I saw a blue sport one today and it did look nice. I bet the r looks awesome. I do like the white one though too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I absolutely love Type R's the new focus RS has just killed it. 4 wheel drive and 345 bhp confirmed for the same price as the type r. Your going to be looking at 400 bhp after a decent remap. Where does this leave the new Type r? I really want to be able to argue the Type r's case against my mate who is getting the new RS but it looks like the RS is going to be in a different league

If that's the case then the evo and impezza killed it 10 years ago??
The turbocharged type-r will carve is own niche. Just like the focus R's, Megane R's, golf R etc

I bet the vtec'ed off the production line :D

Hmmm moving back to Scotland means taking longer to get my Honda parts compared to Oxford lol.

I like the CW and that blue one. I will leave the pearl Black one this time. Need to see them all in the flesh I guess.

Your welcome to it :lol: I was down for the 27th but it's been brought forward.
As I was expecting end of the mth that's what I planned for but now I need to source a garage, insurance & I'm now hunting a loan all ASAP, the PCP deposit has ended up more than I've saved, mthly payments are OK but end of term it's over a 38k car, so I'm thinking buy it out right from the start

Have the dealers got any demo models in yet? Even though I've decided not to purchase one of these having recently picked up my Golf R, I'd like to have a test drive to see what all the fuss about.

Back