• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I've been contacted by my dealer who says that he has been told he will be registering mine in July (CW GT). The countdown is on.....

Cw gt with carbon pack, loved my Cw fn2 so thought I'd carry it on.
Excited but more nervous if I'm honest, 1st new car & 1st ever Fast car, I've been stuck in a 90bhp focus for a yr so the difference really is going to be trouser twitching

My Honda Dealership in Oxford doesn't have their demo yet. And I am sure the one I use in Scotland doesn't either.

The Oxford one was telling me my EP3 Premier had it's twin in there. Except the alloys were silver. Sounds like the guy has completely screwed the engine up and be about 7K to fix :eek:. Guessing you could pick up a second hand engine for this price? Apparently only had 40K miles on it too. Sounds like he let it run dry. :D:smt075

You can get a second hand engine with warranty for anything from £750 to £1k.

I would hate to be putting a second hand engine in a CTR with the way some of them have been looked after, especially when you consider the engine has come out of car that one way or another is no longer fit for the road.

:smt075 indeed, with a bit of :smt021 thrown in!

I know. It is crazy. Apparently he didn't like the 7K quote which I can understand that is alot of money, but then £20 for top up oil is cheaper. One thing I made sure of before I bought mine was to get as much advice on Maint and care for a K20 engine. Over at CTRO and like here at TRO you can't emphasis this enough to make sure the oil is up to max level and not down to min.
You may all laugh but I have never taken my CTR to the redline. Think the most revs I have had her at going up through the gears with Vtec kicking in is around 7K-7.3K :D

Let me check what Honda charge for a replacement K20A2...........Will need to search. I know Spoon do their racing version for 8-9K :eek: But then again it is a modified engine with Spoon parts :D

I keep bouncing my Clio 200 off the limiter overtaking as I'm used to the high rpm of my old ep3!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I don't care what they say, the Clio is definitely not as fast as my old Ctr!

I keep bouncing my Clio 200 off the limiter overtaking as I'm used to the high rpm of my old ep3!!

I've got over 9000 rpm and still hit the limiter now and again. :lol:

S2KIP was at race wars or his S2000 was :D Watch the clip I laughed at about 1:04.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLHBt7Moy0Q

I saw this on FB the other day and got the grab off that clip.

Screenshot_2015-07-06-18-22-15.png

I guess that's the reason Jesse didn't stop then...

Back