• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Not living up to your expectations dweezle, or just not getting the chance?

Was going to ask the same thing. Is it a case that it's almost too good, that the worry/attention/performance almost outweighs the enjoyment?

It's how I felt for the first six months with the M200, although it is subsiding a little these days ;)

For want of a better phrase, I was a bit scared of the Subaru when I first got it. A lot of power, 4WD and a completely different drive, with the turbo, from the FN2.

You've just got to build up slowly and learn the car again. Gets fun after a while.

It's an odd one, my cw fn2 I was out at any excuse, but with this I see it like a little treat, & as soon as I sit in it I get that nice feeling & can't wait to get out.
It really is a nice place to be (nicer than the fn2) & I think that's why I'm not rushing out in it, it's like I know it's there & I know it's a brilliant car.
The attention is nice but having cars U turning & following you in to carparks is a right pain so that's another reason why i don't mind it sitting for a few days, think I'm around 500 miles in the mth of ownership.
Just to clarify it's not the car :) it really is a corker

Test drove one this afternoon.

A very pleasant experience. A comfy day to day cruiser, and a beast when required !

Then climbed back into my 1.6 diesel !

Am I the only one who has no interest in test driving one?

It's not that i don't have any interest, but for the millage i do it's just not practical to entertain it. A test drive would just upset me.

Its pretty good on the fuel, a chap did a little test

SHORT DISTANCE
All of the below was based on driver only/one extra passenger on 10 miles a day in 30s/40s.

22 MPG - Enthusiastic Town/City Driving
26-28 MPG - "Normal" Driving
30-32 MPG - Cautious Driving

LONG DISTANCE
All of the below was based on a full vehicle (4 passengers and bags) on a 400 mile round trip (intervals of 50 miles for testing purposes):

75 MPH (Cruise Control) - 42.0 MPG
85 MPH (Cruise Control) - 38.0 MPG
He also managed 46mpg on a 400 mile trip (M1speed checks)

Interesting post from a fellow FD2 owner.

I am under the same impression that the steering feel is better on the FD2 (probably as it does not have EPS) though the FK2R is a nicer place to be and certainly has more gadgets, but is it worth twice as much?

Integrasi said:
jonster said:
Just went for a test drive in one this morning. It was Sporty Blue Metallic. Better looking in the metal than I imagined.

Its funny how peoples impressions vary but I do agree with many of jonsters points :) I took one out for 3 hours yesterday with my wife without a salesman (perks of being in the group and on the company insurance), on a mixture of motorway, A and B roads that I know well.

Personally I like how it looks! But my old S2000 was heavily modified and a little crazy with unusual looks and I miss that image I think! The seats are great, I think I need to loose my seat covers in my FD as they make the seats a little too slippery even with a CG lock.

I was nearly all set to sell my FD BUT driving my FD2 home afterwards made me realise how much more feel the FD2 has, plus the NA engine feels more "fun" to be honest even though a chunk less torque and bhp. The new car is about 200kg heavier which doesn't help.

Both my wife and I liked the steering although its a little numb compared to the FD - but not like comparing a DC2 to an FD2 lol , at this point I would mention I also have a FK3 diesel as a daily and I love that car as its comfy, reliable and super economic (350ish miles for half a tank!).... so I'm used to the basic design of the car. But the FK2 steering wasn't bad IMO just not as good as the FD2!

I felt the brakes are not as good as my FD2! it needs some work there TBH - but I have upgraded my FD2 to an improved (still same Brembo calliper however) set-up with Mugen lines, PMU pads and Mugen discs. Not really a fair comparison I know - but my old S2000 with Spoon callipers were not as good as my set-up now I think!

Don't get me wrong I am tempted - you see my FD is on OEM suspension and I don't enjoy the ride to be honest, although I have a set of HKS Hipermax to go on but have been holding off fitting them as I wanted to try the new car first. The FK2 feels suited for our roads and the R+ mode makes it feel a little more track ready but still not as hard as the FD2 IMO (although its pretty close on a harsh road!).

Its relatively nice to drive sensibly - ours had done about 480 miles (560 on our return lol) and was averaging arounf 25mpg. My FK3 does about 67-70 mpg :)

Just thinking do I get a 2.2 kit, get the flash pro (my is still on std map), fit the decat I brought a year ago and the coilovers OR put the car back to standard, sell all the Mugen parts (inc wheels) seperately as advertise my FD2 for 14995 as its only on 35k and a UK only car. Then sell the FK3 as well and buy the car outright......

The FK2 I drove :-

11892189_10152907568672581_354808494116339340_n.jpg

My FK3 has a Mugen kit on it lol 19k miles.... 1.6 DTEC

1622214_10152573303422581_5345540283606466404_n.jpg

Back