• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring some negativity to the party but if anyone who has ordered or who works for Honda can shed any light on this I would be grateful.

I place my order on 01/08/2014 and originally got a delivery date of the end of August. I phoned my local branch up around that time, and got told 1st week of September, no problem. Checked the first week of September as I was trying to sell my car privately and got told 7th September + or - 2 days.

This is where the fun starts, I sell my FN2 on the 5th and give them a call later that day and get told the 14th from a member of staff that I had not spoken to before.... Annoyed yes but at least got what felt like an honest answer. Got a call from my salesperson Monday saying the delivery date is showing the 7th but my car had not arrived and the manufacturers don't know where my car currently is, and that i would get a call on Thursday with an update.

Thursday rolls around and no call, so today I ring up for an update, quite annoyed, and get told i'd get a call back after they have phoned Honda. I get a call back saying there has been a warranty recall on normal Honda hatchbacks which is delaying the delivery of Type-R's and they won't know till Monday when the system updates when the car will be delivered but the system still said the 7th.

Needless to say I'm getting a little fed up with the whole thing and am going into branch tomorrow.
Just wanted to know if anyone else had heard anything along those lines as I would think it would affect everybody.

Cheers,
Jamie

PS. Sorry for the rant

i had the exact same issue!

i was told start of June so planed to sell my car then it changed to middle of June then end of June then start of July at the latest. Then i get told 27 July for definite so i sold my car the week before and got insured on my dads for the week. Around came the 27th and i was informed it hasn't come its waiting to me put on a lorry to be delivered it will be here tomorrow 28th so i wasn't happy. i told them i want a car and insurance to use in the mean time which i have to say they did. the 28th come still nothing its still waiting for a lorry but we can confirm its no later than tomorrow 29th. the 29th come still not here so i went absolutely bonkers and took the head office details to complain. i then got a phone call later that day to say it will be here the next day the 30th. the 30th came i eventually got the car but at 5pm which took the pi**.
I got a freebee because of my inconvenience so push for something you want.

Which dealership are you dealing with?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your experience Wendy, really buts a dampener on the nice feeling of getting a new car.

I'd prefer not to name the exact company at this precise moment until I have further clarity on the situation tomorrow as the Managing Director is local and knows a few members of my family, and it would feel irresponsible to name and shame the whole company for what could be a staff issue.

However, I will be having strong words with him tomorrow if his sales team are feeding me a bunch of lies, hence me seeking clarification on the recalls today.
I want to be armed with as much information before tomorrow. They are providing me with a courtesy car but its just the not knowing which is really bugging me at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
It did untill i got into it lol

i am writing to Honda H/O as i don't think things were handled correctly. As far as i am aware it wasn't the dealership that was at fault as thy were ringing Honda twice a day everyday for me, getting the answers was the difficult bit.

i wouldn't have thought the dealership would be telling you lies tbh as what have they got to loose...............

once you see it you will forget everything and its well worth the wait.

it was with me tbh but they picked the wrong person to mess around lol i can be very hard when i need to be.

Don't be fooled and always ask for H/O addy for a complaint that's when there backs get up.

After working in customer services for years it really gets my back up when i receive crap service.

i really hope that yours gets sorted asap it will be worth waiting for.

Hey guys, sorry to go off topic, but i have posted this on other CTR forums and just wanted advice, I've just noticed now Honda are giving discounts on the CTR around 2k mark. or at least thats what online brokers are quoting. Just wondered how people feel about this? As i'm expecting mine late this month, early october-ish. I have put down a deposit (1k) already. Wondered if they will give me the discount now? or will they fob me off? Will be calling my dealer today about this.

The bid site, I'm not so sure will pan out like they say. It's reliant on dealers out bidding other dealers for your business with their best offer, but what happens if no-one bids or they don't meet the maximum price the site is touting? It just seems like they've plucked the discount amount out of the air if that is the case.

Drive The Deal supposedly are offering £2k discount but that is dependent on you takings PCP, or the figure you don't see is £700 if you're not talking PCP. I don't know if this is enough for me to have to travel to the dealer offering such discount, as it doesn't say which it is. The alternative is to pay to have it delivered but then you are taking delivery off the back of a trailer from a driver and not from the dealer.

I thought about mentioning the discounts on the web to my dealer to see what they say, but decided to wait until closer to delivery date. I'm due in December.

There's bound to be delays with literally a brand new released car, you're ordering a car from new not from a stock pile, yes it's a pain but would you rather have a rushed job or one that's spot on, I waited 14mths but the poor NSX pre-owners have been delayed 2yrs

I waited 11 months for mine.... Its not the fact i had to wait is the fact i kept being promised dates id have rather them said we cant give a date it will be here when it is.

There's bound to be delays with literally a brand new released car, you're ordering a car from new not from a stock pile, yes it's a pain but would you rather have a rushed job or one that's spot on, I waited 14mths but the poor NSX pre-owners have been delayed 2yrs

Totally agree with you, it's more been the lack of communication and being tolled different dates by different personnel.
If you are told it will be the 7th either plus or minus 2 days at the most, that's what I would expect?
It's not the delays that have bothered me at all. As long as I am being given clear information and not having to ring to find out.

I have been down today and been given an auto civic sport for the meanwhile.
I put my point accross and explained the situation and was agreed with that it could have been handled a lot better.
There has in fact been a recall on a few hatchbacks I have been told although the information has not been fully released yet.

There will always be delays with a brand new car.

Problems do occur occasionally throughout the production process, even when well into the production of any model.

Some of your delays may be due to a parts shortage that we had at HUM. The mess at Calais a few weeks back meant that we had to adjust production, and sometimes a fault or issue within the production process will cause a delay as we dont want to be sending cars out with stuff wrong with it.

Good things come to those who wait

Still poor service for a 30K+ car

Not really, not when the **** at Calais is out of our control.

Things do go wrong during production, especially when we are kicking out 600 cars a day [4 different models too] !

I'd just like to point out I have made no complaints about delays on manufacturing as this is to be expected. But the service I received from my dealership is not what I expect along with a 30k plus car. I don't want my message misunderstood as a jibe at manufacturing as that is not the case.

If i was told mine was due to manufacturing i wouldnt have minded but being told its ready and waiting for a lorry to bring it over thats why i was annoyed.
I acepted the delay from june - July.

All i would say Jimmyt is that the dealership can only tell you what they are being told.

Back