• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Just received a phone call today, my order has gone back another 4 weeks to 19th October now from today.
I am being led to believe that this will affect everybody with imminent orders and that there are shortage of parts or something?
This comes after being told last week my car was built and awaiting delivery.
That means in total my date has slipped nearly 2 months from the start of September.

It will be interesting to see if others receive such phone calls over the coming days / weeks.

That's a bit crap TBH. Honda have dropped the ball on this launch, right from the concept that never was but was advertised everywhere, footwell lights on literature and then not fitted, carbon pack parts with poor fitment, to cars not being delivered on date. I've heard some real horror stories about cars not being delivered on the continent.

Delays are down to parts not coming into Swindon because of the blockade at Calais.

Can I just ask, when did you place your order?

That's a bit crap TBH. Honda have dropped the ball on this launch, right from the concept that never was but was advertised everywhere, footwell lights on literature and then not fitted, carbon pack parts with poor fitment, to cars not being delivered on date. I've heard some real horror stories about cars not being delivered on the continent.

Delays are down to parts not coming into Swindon because of the blockade at Calais.

Can I just ask, when did you place your order?

Hi Loxy,

Order was placed 1st/2nd August, the first weekend the car was available for test drives locally.
Originally delivered date expected 28th August I think on paperwork. Went back to the first week in September, then 7th September +/- 2 days at which point i sell my car. Then 14th September at which point I got a courtesy car. Then back to 21st September. Now I'm looking at 19th October.

It's more the false hope than anything, if i was told March originally or something everything would be OK and I would be cruising around in a FN2 still.

Don't know which way to turn at the moment, caught me about to start drafting up quite a lengthy detailed e-mail of my concerns and expectations.
I am curious to see what happens with other peoples orders.
I have also to this point accepted zero discounts but I think I am at the point I will have to push for something or feel a bit dissatisfied deep down inside.

I work for a manufacturing company and if one of our suppliers bails out or we have issues supplying something, we have to suffer the consequences and would negotiate that with a supplier following. Granted not everything goes perfect all the time, nature of the business, but clients expectations exist and there's only so many times you can be crushed being put on a pedestal and pushed off.

Cheers,
Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
Is yours a non-GT? Just I've only heard of those sort of delivery times on non-GTs.

I think some of what you've experienced might be false expectations from the dealer. I ordered the week after you and have been told from day 1 that it would be the 2nd weekend of December and that was the date according to Honda logistics.

I've since been told it has come forward 2 weeks, but that's by the by.

Is yours a non-GT? Just I've only heard of those sort of delivery times on non-GTs.

I think some of what you've experienced might be false expectations from the dealer. I ordered the week after you and have been told from day 1 that it would be the 2nd weekend of December and that was the date according to Honda logistics.

I've since been told it has come forward 2 weeks, but that's by the by.

GT in championship white. I was told that it need to be ordered that weekend as dates were moving very quickly.

Apparently all these dates have been given to them by Honda logistics and update every Monday.

Looks so good in black

20bec5193f29aa02f29375ee3313056f.jpg

7500db9840ee9fb608a4476ab2cb1f4e.jpg

Cat's Dott? She's got it quick, ordered the week after me. :lol:

Red Evo in the reflection too. :D

Nobody has really said how fast they feel. What does the straight line pace feel like compared to scoobies/m3's and the like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I order my one last week and was told it will be in Bristol mid December
i really hope it is as I'm planning to drive over from Germany to trade
in my S2000 as part of the deal
I've ordered a GT in white with the Red Pack and some Carbon bits and bobs

Nobody has really said how fast they feel. What does the straight line pace feel like compared to scoobies/m3's and the like?

Feels a fair bit faster than my old 300 bhp '10 plate WRX STi. Similar sort of pickup when it comes on boost, but just revs out and keeps building the power, so much more rev happy than the Subaru. The Subaru felt heavier, though I've yet to actually look if this is the case.

Faster than an sti? That's impressive. It's amazing how far along these cars have come. It's almost to the point where their seems little point in spending loads on a car when a 30k hatch can compete.

This is going to sound silly but do you get a parcel shelf
as I never see one in the pictures I can't believe you don't ?

I am back driving my evo 6 at the moment (i am currently in the process of writing the for sale advert for evo) whilst the type r is being detailed.

After driving the civic all week iv gotta say that the civic feels quite underpowered in comparison to the evo. But then again the evo is modified quite a bit so its not a fair comparison. Id say a M3 would be a little quicker

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I love the Evo 6. It was the first properly fast car I ever went in and it blew me away at the time. I wouldn't expect the civic to be as quick as that but maybe almost as quick as an M3. I've driven an e92 M3 a few times and they are pretty rapid but they are like a k20 in that you have to rev the nuts off of it. I bet the new civic would be close with the more accessible power band.

Back