• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I love the Evo 6. It was the first properly fast car I ever went in and it blew me away at the time. I wouldn't expect the civic to be as quick as that but maybe almost as quick as an M3. I've driven an e92 M3 a few times and they are pretty rapid but they are like a k20 in that you have to rev the nuts off of it. I bet the new civic would be close with the more accessible power band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah i agree with what your saying i dont think the performance difference will be massive in the real world. In a straight line i think the M3 would have the edge but around corners i think the civic would claw back some time.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Any of you buying these on those pcp deals? What's the score with those as from what I understand you have a balloon payment at the end so if you can't pay that you give the car back. But are you then able to use the equity in the car towards another? What happens if you don't want another Honda for example, do you just give it back and lose that money, that's what I don't understand?

Any of you buying these on those pcp deals? What's the score with those as from what I understand you have a balloon payment at the end so if you can't pay that you give the car back. But are you then able to use the equity in the car towards another? What happens if you don't want another Honda for example, do you just give it back and lose that money, that's what I don't understand?

Say the Type-R for example has a Guaranteed Future Value (Balloon Payment) of £15,000 for example,

If it comes to the end of the period and the car is worth £14,000 you would hand the car back and not have to pay the difference.
If it comes to the end of the period and the car is worth £17,000 I imagine you would part-ex the car for that value and get £2,000 equity on a new car.

This is how it works in my head, someone correct me if I am wrong :)

Cheers,
Jamie

Sounds right. You don't get the change though if you walk away.

Say it's worth £17k and you owe £15k on it, you don't get the £2k back when you hand it back, you only get it if you part ex against something else.

f1333e73873f0582ea3f0a67402f77c7.jpg

I saw that on FB.

That will be back on the road with an insurance repair, there is hardly any real damage. Cars are designed to crumple on the front and that's exactly what it has done, the cabin is intact and unaffected.

I know but insurance companies will try write it off. Again it depends on the cost too repair it. Would suspect cheaper than writing it off as it is still a new car.

Guess he he or she used the +R button....... :D

How will it be cheaper to write off a £33k car as opposed to spending £6k on repairing it?

How will it be cheaper to write off a £33k car as opposed to spending £6k on repairing it?

I thought Loxy go get a coffee lol...... I have made up my mind it will be a Black FK2 if I went for one. :D Do any of you think the 2017/2018 Type-R will go 4WD?

Back