• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Even if the production version were to look like this I probably won't buy one.
null_zps2a8c186e.jpg

My sensible head says I should buy a small, high mpg, low or no road tax car, however, I would never say never.

I probably would buy one in the future, although I'm a JDM whore and would rather wait to see what they get over there.

[video=youtube;geHxSSSvK_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHxSSSvK_Q[/video]

The car was shown off at the Tokyo Motor show yesterday.

The image I've seen has got VTEC Turbo down the side, interesting :lol: .

a5ebu5a3.jpg

I saw that on 7Tune this morning. It will be interesting to see how its received at the Motor Show & how many more images come out.

Just seen this on the Type R Facebook page. 2 litre turbo Vtec engine confirmed apparently

[h=1]Latest Civic Type R Development Car Takes to Tochigi Test Track[/h]Ahead of the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show, Honda has showcased the latest Civic Type R development car at its in-house test track in Tochigi, Japan. The currently camouflaged car is being put through its paces as part of an extensive testing process taking place in Europe and Japan, ahead of its much anticipated launch in 2015.

The Civic Type R will be the first model in Europe to have one of Honda’s all-new VTEC TURBO engines from Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology range. This 2 litre, direct injection, 4-cyclinder turbo engine is expected to have class-leading output in excess of 280ps and will be EURO 6 compliant.

Speaking during recent testing at the Nurburgring, Germany, Honda’s WTCC driver Gabriele Tarquini, gave his first driving impressions ‘The car and the characteristics of the car were fantastic. I was really impressed by the power and the torque of the engine but also by the set-up they achieved…The car is very pointed on the front and very fast to change direction’. ‘This car is very close to my racing car and you can feel very well the DNA of Type R.’

To hear Gabriele Tarquini’s comments in full, please go to the following link: www.myjourneys.com/typer

ENDS

http://www.hondanews.eu/en/carnewsdetail/?id=3523

For those adverse to clicking links, full res images:

Civic_Type_R01.jpg

© Paul Harmer Photography Ltd
Civic_Type_R02.jpg

Civic_Type_R03.jpg

Civic_Type_R04.jpg

Civic_Type_R05.jpg

Civic_Type_R06.jpg

Civic_Type_R07.jpg

Civic_Type_R08.jpg

Civic_Type_R09.jpg

Civic_Type_R10.jpg

Civic_Type_R11.jpg

Civic_Type_R12.jpg

Civic_Type_R13.jpg

Civic_Type_R14.jpg

Civic_Type_R15.jpg

Civic_Type_R16.jpg

Civic_Type_R17.jpg

Civic_Type_R18.jpg

Civic_Type_R19.jpg

Civic_Type_R20.jpg

Civic_Type_R21.jpg

Civic_Type_R22.jpg

Civic_Type_R23.jpg

Civic_Type_R24.jpg

Civic_Type_R25.jpg

Civic_Type_R26.jpg

Civic_Type_R27.jpg

Civic_Type_R28.jpg

New_Small_Turbo_Engines.jpg

I like it too. Although it's DI though, so I expect coked up engines like the BMWs and Minis before it hits 50k.

I too like the 80's turbo sticker. It's OK in general. Too many doors and still a fugly rear end IMO.

Back