• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

There has been rumours for ages that there will be a diesel variant of the type r hopefully this is true as this will be the only way I could have one. Also will need to be 5 doors and 5 seats so a very long shot for me. Would also need to be up with the BMW's or Mercedes in quality etc..

There was a diesel Type S in the 8th gen line up. Just saying. ;)

Here is what I know about the new type r that is due for release within the next couple of years.

It is being designed in Swindon and Honda have a massive amount of hope this this will be a flag ship car and have pledged that this is going to be the fastest thing of its class around the nurburgring on release. The basic design and specs will be decided on and developed from August this year.

My citation for this is one of the guys that work within the design department in Swindon. I did some business with him a couple of months ago and he was very keen about the car and said Honda have seen poor sales on new cars of this type and were very keen to make this release of the type r a massive success.

Of course i mentioned that if he needed a valid and completely non biased point of view I would be more than happy to take the prototype for a spin ;). I will of course be sending him an email to remind him of this fact next month lol.

I think the good thing to take from this is the keenness shown to make this project a massive success. Good luck to em I say. Type r FTW!

Last edited by a moderator:
Honda being Honda, this car will set the benchmark. The fact they are taking so much time over it should make other manufacturers quite concerned. It will be worth the wait and could turn out to be something very amazing.

Light, stiff, revy, garish, boosted.

Please.

Not that I really want it boosted but to get 300hp from a 2.0L I assume it will be. Charged will be better.

4 wheel steer sounds rad, like the new 911 Turbo :p .

Fcuk yeah, a charged 9000rpm new CTR please.

Look at the success Toyota have had with the GT86.

Keep it simple boys. Light, well handling and decent power ( no need to be chasing BHP ).

Shame it will likely be the end of the K20, if they know their target well let's hope it's a detuned engine with lots of room for improvement via remapping.

Look at the success Toyota have had with the GT86.

Keep it simple boys. Light, well handling and decent power ( no need to be chasing BHP ).

Shame it will likely be the end of the K20, if they know their target well let's hope it's a detuned engine with lots of room for improvement via remapping.

Indeed.

It will have to be at least 250hp if it wants to get the lap record I reckon, being quick in the bends is well and good but there's a lot of straight, fast sections at the Green Hell.

Going from the previous B's K's and F, I doubt they respond that well :lol: , but saying that who know's, it's going to be a FI engine it's un trodden ground I suppose !

What holds the record now then, Megane thing isnt it ??

Aye RS Megane 265 Trophy at 8 minutes 7.97 seconds.

Only 500 made and only 50 officially brought into the UK.

I think the new CTR is going to surprise a lot of people and set the benchmark for other manufacturers to chase again.

It's a 2.2 petrol too

NewTypeR.jpg

Back