• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I'm thinking of moving my Fk2 on as its pretty much wasted on me. I only do a 15 minute drive to work each day and nobody else really goes in the car as we have another family car. Its in great condition with 58k on the clock but its a non GT model in Brilliant Sporty Blue.

Do you think these cars are worth holding on to, prices seem to be going up. Its also hard to work out a value as only GT models are for sale. Anyone got any thoughts?

Car collected yesterday, 2 issues tyre repair out of date, clutch fluid moisture level was above the required level,
Fluid replaced, Ac regassed whilst they had it, £405 all in,
I also had the video service for the first time, Surprised me the amount of rust starting to show, the chap even commented on surface rust on the rear springs.

Rust issue under rubber, Paint depth recorded, report passed over to HUK,
I checked it Sunday and noticed if you press the rubber near the rust line it pushes right in and leaves a void, to me it looks like the rubber isn't located correctly,
We will see what happens

I saw this today. I hope its hard core and raw like a Type R should be and not soft due to regulations and just using the Type R badge for marketing purposes. I have an EP3 and thats even a bit soft for my liking. I really hope Honda get this right as brands like Renault who are famous for making possibly the best front wheel drive cars will kill it. Lets have a proper old school Type R again please Honda.

Everything is moved to FB these days. far more dynamic than old style forums, (still don't like FB though)

Time to change rear discs and pads. Any recommendations on upgraded pads? Currently tempted by the Dixcel ES Type Extra Speed pads. Are they really a step up compared to OEM? Cheers

Im using the PBS Protrack at the moment, seem less dusty than the Prorace and good initial bite with excellent stopping power.

Thanks for your input guys. Thought it would be a bit easier choosing pads tbh. Any thoughts on rear disc upgrades? Dream Automotive, Tarox or Dixcel? Not sure if there's anyone else doing rear discs for the FK2. None the less, I feel that it might be a bit overkill upgrading discs for 1 or 2 track days and a couple of spirited hill-climb driving per year. I didn't track the car last year but during my hill climb driving I did gradually run out of stopping power. I know the fronts do most of the work but it's not time to change them yet. Since then I've only replaced the brake fluid with Kroon's Drauliquid racing.

Time to change rear discs and pads. Any recommendations on upgraded pads? Currently tempted by the Dixcel ES Type Extra Speed pads. Are they really a step up compared to OEM? Cheers

I found PBS pants tbh, I have used Dixel ES on the DC5 when it was a mixed road and track car and did 4 40min sessions with no brake fade or issues at all, I then went up to Project Mu HC 800+.

Only pads I will ever use now are

Dixel for road and some track
Project Mu or Endless for Full track or carbone lorraine

Reactions: +R
I found PBS pants tbh, I have used Dixel ES on the DC5 when it was a mixed road and track car and did 4 40min sessions with no brake fade or issues at all, I then went up to Project Mu HC 800+.

Only pads I will ever use now are

Dixel for road and some track
Project Mu or Endless for Full track or carbone lorraine
I am a bit of a sucker for Japanese made stuff and I'm glad the Dixcel ES pads are up to the task. I think they would be just right for what I use the car for. Thanks for the info Carl. I'll go for the Dixcel ES pads and put that one to rest, till the next purchase comes along and does my head in :D

I am a bit of a sucker for Japanese made stuff and I'm glad the Dixcel ES pads are up to the task. I think they would be just right for what I use the car for. Thanks for the info Carl. I'll go for the Dixcel ES pads and put that one to rest, till the next purchase comes along and does my head in :D

No problem mate, I used them for a few months on track heavily and road occasionally and never had an issue, they also do another version (the Dixel Type Z's which I have heard good things about) but they are I believe more track focussed and so I would go for my tried and tested track pads over anything new unless a very good deal was to be had for a trial :)

No problem mate, I used them for a few months on track heavily and road occasionally and never had an issue, they also do another version (the Dixel Type Z's which I have heard good things about) but they are I believe more track focussed and so I would go for my tried and tested track pads over anything new unless a very good deal was to be had for a trial :)
Yes mate, I've been eye balling those Type Z's as well but maybe they're a bit too much for the rear I think (well at least at the moment) . Indeed, they do get high praise for track use and would seriously consider them when it's time to upgrade to a set of Genuine 2 piece FK8 discs. Project Mu are amazing and I think the HC800+ you're on should be on par with the Dixcel Type Z's. Might even be slightly cheaper?

Yes mate, I've been eye balling those Type Z's as well but maybe they're a bit too much for the rear I think (well at least at the moment) . Indeed, they do get high praise for track use and would seriously consider them when it's time to upgrade to a set of Genuine 2 piece FK8 discs. Project Mu are amazing and I think the HC800+ you're on should be on par with the Dixcel Type Z's. Might even be slightly cheaper?

Yeah I have a mate who supplied my Project Mu HC800+ so I got them a lot cheaper, but as a whole if there isn't much in it between the two PMU is what I would choose when you look at that option :)

Finally Picked up my FK2 in NOV
Been lurking since they 1st came out.
Looks like a ghost town on here now lol but I am on Facebook etc

Back