• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I thought that until I got the STi. I've been missing that car a lot over the last couple of weeks.

The Focus engine is a peach though, with the turbo spooling at 1,500 rpm it just feels like a much bigger engine than what it is and it's got some fantastic throttle response.

I can imagine Honda will do an equally good job with their unit and it'll hopefully be bullet proof like everything else they've produced over the past few decades.

i prefer Boosted cars BUT N/A cars are some awesome fun as you have to drive the balls off them to get the power going

just don't like the way the power is delivered.....granted my turbo car history isn't all that: audi a3 tfsi; golf gti v5, mazda mps6......can't wait to sell my audi a3 next year...

I had both an Evo 8 with 410bhp and an Evo X FQ 360 with 480bhp
and both cars the turbo came online at 2400rpm and would pull like a
train from there, the don't really get lag on new cars

I've got a late S2000 and a smart brabus roadster but I'm going to
sell the smart and buy the CTR next year
lI've started going lightweight as you can see

it wasnt all of the 8s which suffered with it was just 1 or 2 of the models cant remember which they were though

Lag wasn't really an issue in my Evo 9 but I could notice it, the throttle response is a lot better in the S2000.

Do you mean on top gear were he started off 20mph in 6th and put his foot down and guess what there was lag
im pretty sure my S2K would be the same be there again I would be in that gear
I don't know many people on this site who would be in top gear at them speeds do you?

Well what I notice is that in any gear even at high revs you put your foot down, there is always a split second pause before the turbo spools up, whereas in the S2K it's instant response.

Back