• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

honda-civic-r-7_653.jpg

That's not a small Brembo set-up either. :lol:

Is that a temp sensor on there or is it measuring any movement in the disc?

The picture obviously shows how much of a development car it is. Very roughly wrapped/taped up.

Laughed at this photo. Look at the front tyre, it's pretty much on the rim protector!

honda-civic-r-2_653.jpg

Link to the source: http://www.leftlanenews.com/photos/honda-civic-type-r-2015-picture-1.html

I disagree, much better looking than the FN2 as a whole and it's very aggressive looking. I like it.

Agreed!

Personally I don't think any of the Civics have ever looked aggressive, even going back to the EK9. Its not what Honda are about, performance over looks imo, why do you think the EP3 was one of the best selling cars for Honda, it certainly wasn't based on how it looked.

Ok after a closer look at the front it has a bit of aggression about it but if those lights were just a little bigger it would hold more weight in that department. As far as the back of the car is concerned it has a fat arse, no two ways about it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed!

Personally I don't think any of the Civics have ever looked aggressive, even going back to the EK9. Its not what Honda are about, performance over looks imo, why do you think the EP3 was one of the best selling cars for Honda, it certainly wasn't based on how it looked.

I see what you are saying Lottie but in the material world where looks matter i wouldnt be surprised to learn that looks hold a large percentage of how this car sells, regardless of the power/performance rating.

**Ummm dont look up 'cars with big butts' in Google by the way....... especially on your work PC......

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree, much better looking than the FN2 as a whole and it's very aggressive looking. I like it.

It's more or a less a Facelifted 8th Gen (FN/FK) with more doors, and a different back. But cool.

Agreed!

I personally thought, for their respective eras/times, they were great looking cars - that might just be me though.

I recall, I hadn't even passed my driving test when the EP3 was released, so had little performance expectations; I knew I wanted one though - still think they look great.

And regarding their performance, well I'm well acquainted with Honda Type-R's... having owned a few.

@ Geoff: I hope it turns out to be a cracker - you're as old as you feel mate.

I said this on another forum, but if they opened the order books on this tomorrow, I'd be very tempted to be down there to sign on.

It looks miles better than the generic 9th gen offerings even in its current form. The only thing it won't have will be a list of Japanese suppliers lining up parts with it being European only, but some bits will trickle out over time no doubt.

When the EP3 first appeared I didn't rate the look of it, I still bought two in a row though and enjoyed thrashing them to within an inch of their lives. :lol:

This is the same for me I was learning to drive when they came out and I didn't like the look of it but when I saw the performance I had to have it. My cousin bought one and even in the flesh I wasn't a fan of the exterior but it grew on me. I'm now on my 3rd.

[video=youtube;ZIJ6Kh1Fvzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIJ6Kh1Fvzg[/video]

Back