• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

[video=youtube;Q3jV3vdR5hI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3jV3vdR5hI[/video]

Much better clips of the sound. Seems to be revving a fair bit higher. :)

Dat next car.

5 doors, bump up curbs.

Total fanboy.

Don't care.

Want - regardless.

Holy fcuk.
Quad zorsts.

Like. Looks like the handling is awesome, it changes direction like a fly. :lol:

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/290377/honda_civic_typer_2015_price_release_date_specs.html

car_photo_579058_7.jpg

This looks like the 2013 touring car without the livery! Is the Type R is going to look like this!?!? I love that side exit exhaust. (forgive me if the link has confirmed my question - it isnt working for me here at work...)

This looks like the 2013 touring car without the livery! Is the Type R is going to look like this!?!? I love that side exit exhaust. (forgive me if the link has confirmed my question - it isnt working for me here at work...)

Yep, that image is from the 2012 BTCC Civic reveal. :lol:

Spoke to one of the 'new model' associates at work today, who saw the Nurburgring Type R through our Weld and Paint dept, all seems to be going to plan and what you see on these videos / pictures is pretty much going to be how it is.

The colours have just been confirmed for the Type R's as the usual Champ White, Red and Black.
Sounds like they will be dropping the Silver and introducing a Metallic Blue and a Grey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im gonna have to see more of a polished version of this car. I guess the only time I will see this is when it is reviewed on topgear. I cant believe they have not mentioned it yet!

When i was at Lings honda yesterday the guys there said they will be getting a demo car soon....he also the the touring car version will be pushing 300hp but the production version is more likely to be 280hp from a 1.6 turbo!

nothing that hasnt already been mentioned on here im sure!

I'd take that with a pinch of salt. Honda have said they aren't doing a tourer version because it doesn't fit in with the Type R ethos.

If it's 2nd quarter 2014 you are talking 6 months at least until they have a demo.

The test mule is also registered as a 2.2 though that may be to throw people off.

There is supposed to be an announcement at the Frankfurt Motorshow which starts on Tuesday.

Thought the blue on the FN2 looked stunning so good that they're going with that.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt. Honda have said they aren't doing a tourer version because it doesn't fit in with the Type R ethos.

If it's 2nd quarter 2014 you are talking 6 months at least until they have a demo.

The test mule is also registered as a 2.2 though that may be to throw people off.

There is supposed to be an announcement at the Frankfurt Motorshow which starts on Tuesday.

He did also seem unfamiliar with the GP kit, qouting 'oh wow, that looks good on the back, really different'

Probably should have been a red flag

When i was at Lings honda yesterday the guys there said they will be getting a demo car soon....he also the the touring car version will be pushing 300hp but the production version is more likely to be 280hp from a 1.6 turbo!

nothing that hasnt already been mentioned on here im sure!

That just sounds the usual banter to keep you on the hook.

Lings started as a very poor dealership, then was turned around around when they got a very good sales manger. My recent experience is that its going downhill again.

[video=youtube;aha-DQB3xDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aha-DQB3xDY[/video]

7k red line. :|

Honda WTCC legend Gabriele Tarquini puts the 2015 Honda Civic Type R development model through its paces on the Nurburgring, pushing its 280bph, turbo-charged 2.0 litre engine to its limit.

I bet it's rapid though if it's anything to compare to the VAG 2.0T engine which only puts out 265bhp standard. If they can get the power nailed it'll be amazing!

Back