• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Light polish should sort it, poorboys black hole glaze will mask them.

I've given up with my wheels, double ceramic coated and they're still terrible, bubbles, iron bedded in, my H caps have lost the redness and the lacquer bubbled away,
Seems the alloys are total crap on these cars

Last edited by a moderator:
Light polish should sort it, poorboys black hole glaze will mask them

Awesome, I’ll go give it a polish in a bit then hopefully that sorts it out then it’s just the wheel I’ll have to get sorted, hopefully Honda play ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b40b7d9b8233d6d3fb9cd053dcfee1d8.jpg

6a496c83e7f17119d9fc22bfb080bfe0.jpg

Middle right indicator is oil pressure I’m guessing guys? Don’t know if it’s because I haven’t drove the car in 4-5 days but I’ve noticed that going up and down like a good’n tonight and sure it wasn’t doing that before, seems to increase with throttle depression and was going up to about 5.4 which I’m sure I haven’t seen before... unless I’m going mad, anyone able to shed some light?

You will see higher pressure on a cold engine and on depression, once the oil has done a few passes and warmed up it will start to drop.
I topped the oil up week before last and panicked when I saw the pressure rising to 5.6, (thought I'd overfilled) sigh of relief when it dropped :lol:

I was the same as yourself and started doubting it, I thought I knew my regular pressures but for some unknown reason it's gone, I'm always in +R and fluctuating pressures is normal, so I would say normal :)

Cheers bud! Moment of panic, normally I’d be more certain of what’s what but after 5 days not in it I started to second guess myself, I should be giving it a proper run out at the end of the week and not just a 5 minute drive to the gym and back so will see how it behaves then!

Depends on driving styles, gears, and also temperatures,
This morning on start up mine was 5.6-5.5, driving up the road it increased to 5.7-5.8, few miles in and it gradually dropped.
I'm usually sat around 2000rpm in 5th or 6th and once warmed up I'm getting around 4.8-5.0 pending on the above conditions, on a fully warm engine on idle I'll see 1.2-1.4

Generic FK2 Civic Type R Discussion

Not that mine or myself have ever seen a track to know I don’t really pay much mind to whatcars opinions on performance cars myself... after some of the things I’ve heard about the golf R’s brakes make me think surely the FK should be ahead of it on that basis.... surely it’s the looks that have got it in the position

more goodies bought, decided with pmu hc800's again as it was hard to justify the rs29's - hc800's also dropped in price. if it don't work out this time then move to another brand, but I've a strong feeling all the issues I've had has been down to heat rather than the pads themselves, which has all been worked upon and no problems on last trackday. DBA discs also inbound in the next few weeks and a pair of ps4s's arrived yesterday. not sure whether to fit them pre-trackday (still 4mm on current tyres) or replace if needed on the day by a local tyre fitter. 4mm is fine, just the outer edge might not be upto it.

U3CQ2ta.png

more goodies bought, decided with pmu hc800's again as it was hard to justify the rs29's - hc800's also dropped in price. if it don't work out this time then move to another brand, but I've a strong feeling all the issues I've had has been down to heat rather than the pads themselves, which has all been worked upon and no problems on last trackday. DBA discs also inbound in the next few weeks and a pair of ps4s's arrived yesterday. not sure whether to fit them pre-trackday (still 4mm on current tyres) or replace if needed on the day by a local tyre fitter. 4mm is fine, just the outer edge might not be upto it.

U3CQ2ta.png

Never realised Dream do brake lines, any reviews on them yet

They forget an 18 month old fk8 is already in the fk2 price area, I don't remember the fk2 dropping that quick
Could be worse....
The BMW 135i and 140i are one of the most depreciating cars available.
You would have to be a complete mug to have bought a new one!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

more goodies bought, decided with pmu hc800's again as it was hard to justify the rs29's

HC800's are always going to be a lot cheaper than RS29's as they're a vastly inferior pad. On track, HC800 will get too hot and put deposits on the discs causing vibration.

RS29's were £500 for my FD2, I didn't really hesitate, bad brakes on track ruin the day.

The Pagid's will also last about 4 times as long.

Back