Home
Page 492 of 500 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 4996

Thread: Generic FK2 Civic Type R discussion

I'm in the same boat as dweezle but just paying 380

3rd of 5 orders arrived this morning
    Hel oil cooler. 10AN pipe, and perfect kit for me as it's all separate; oil thermostat separate from the oil sandwich meaning i can fit my Stack gauge sensor takeoffs between the two - nice 'n' easy in front of radiator. Cooler fits top right corner of the existing radiators so should be a straight forward install.

more oil, new oil filter for oil cooler, Acuity shift bushes (shifter base and gearbox end), and new pads.

Just noticed i'm missing the braided brake hoses that were also on the order.
    Waiting for the final 2 orders; DBA 4000t3 discs and some 3/8" NPT inline adapters for my Stack gauge sensors into the oil cooler, and i can get this stuff fitted!
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, DBA 4000t3 discs, PBS ProRace Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 Dunlop SportMaxx-RT2 Winter: Riva DTM 18" 225/40r18 Nokian WR-A3 & Bridgestone LM-32

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veehexx For This Useful Post:

D3ano (06-03-2019), dweezle (06-03-2019)

stuck waiting for bits still. not that i could do anything outside with this weather...

brake lines turned up last Friday. DBA discs due this Thursday, so that's everything i *need* for trackday.
    seems to be a holdup on one of the inline adapters - no ETA yet, but until that comes i wont be fitting the oil cooler kit.
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, DBA 4000t3 discs, PBS ProRace Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 Dunlop SportMaxx-RT2 Winter: Riva DTM 18" 225/40r18 Nokian WR-A3 & Bridgestone LM-32

looks like HMRC have commandeered my discs. UPS tracking signed into the UK last night but now pending "non-UPS labour dispute", whatever that means. Since there's no talk of strikes on the UK side of the border i assume it means "we're tight arses and won't employ more people to cope with demand".
    i guess that ultimately means discs might turn up sometime in the next few weeks.

stock issues at the place i'm buying the inline adapters for oil cooler so that too is still pending parts. apparently they now have the bits and just need the time to actually assemble. they hoped to dispatch today but that's looking very unlikely now.

silver lining is i have the bits i *need* for trackday 2wks tomorrow but it'd rather do the car in one big job instead of twice. i think I'm only a few days off my "anything i buy will take a month to arrive" experience so nothing's really changed in the 3.25yr FK2 ownership.

I might do the acuity shift bushes at the weekend but not decided yet. weather looks reasonable on sunday to work outdoors on it.

WTF....
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163598525811

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thatís got to be a Write off of some kind or someoneís having financial issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seen it's in Cyprus, but that's not a problem if all is well with it.
    Must be something up or a mega bargain!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Same car on autotrader https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01902104802919

Clearly a U.K. car and those pictures look like they are taken in the U.K. too.

got a suprise from UPS yesterday - DISCS! wooo

decided to chance it with the weather today as it was meant to rain but never actually did so got a fair bit done.

started off inside the car, Acuity shift base bushes. turns out they dont fit the 9G CTR so stripped the center console for no reason. everything was too small; stepped washers were loose in the holes, and seems the 10G uses m6 bolts rather than m8's in the 9G. reverted back OEM bushes. things is buckets or wizards sleves came to mind with it all.

next was the gearbox side bushes. tried Acuitys recommended method of holding the shift cable, and wiggling the OEM bushing out but felt like i was going to damage the cable. ended up with a small screwdriver down the side of the bush and leavered it out that way.

bit of a faff on the 9G CTR what with turbo pipes and ECU wiring in the way so ended up using a screwdriver to hold the cable orinentation while i fitted the clip on the bottom side of the bushes. nice and easy when you know how. Screwdriver also stops the clip disappearing down the back of the gearbox if it pops off too.

all greased up, and assembled. cant get it too wrong as the cables have their natural position.
    first impressions are good - very subtle but does feel more acurate and seems to engage a touch easier. Since i had air filter off (& maf sensor disconnected) i didnt start 'er up and test drive.

reassembled car and onwards with brakes.

this wasnt without news either OEM discs off, DBA 4000t3's on (probably first in the UK with them fitted) and a glimpse of the new braided lines. dream rebranded hel lines.
    while i was fitting the pads, noticed that the wheel bearing side of the outter caliper dust seals were hard and not really doing their job. i guess along with cooking pads 2 trackdays ago i also damaged the seals. hard to see unless the pistons are fully rewound and inspecting them closely so time for a bit of homework on what can be done about it - DIYable or more than likely send 'em off to get refurbed as no service exchange most probably.

i've done 4 of the 6 braided lines so far. both rear calipers will be done tomorrow along with a bleed. fronts & driver side rear axle was easy. passenger side rear axle flex hose wasnt nice. not only are you fighting with headlight leveler sensor, but they've put the bolt for the 90degree block ontop right up against the body on a bracket. 2 bolts for the bracket but you have to disconnect the hard-line so you get brake fluid dripping on you as you undo the bolt. getting those spring clips on for brake hoses wasnt too nice on that one either. suspension, exhaust or level sensor in the way.

STILL waiting for my oil line adapters to be dispatched. They claimed thursday dispatch was possible, but still nothing. i am assuming i'll get a dispatch notice. <2 weeks for trackday now so unless it comes early next week i likely wont be fitting the oil cooler for this event. 12c ambient so probably wont need it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by V-TEC View Post
    Same car on autotrader https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01902104802919

Clearly a U.K. car and those pictures look like they are taken in the U.K. too.

Was a scam, i messaged him , then ebay contacted me to say the users account had been hijacked. Thought as much.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to adymi16 For This Useful Post:

V-TEC (16-03-2019)