• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Never realised Dream do brake lines, any reviews on them yet

I've not seen any but dream did say they're using the same tooling as HEL. Guess we'll find out. if i don't blow a line then i guess they work well and a bad crimp can happen on any brand. they'll also just be rebranded as dream so i'm putting a bit of faith into them doing a good job on supplier choice. the rest of their own branded kit seems quality.

same with the dba 4000t3 & hc800's. yeah i get judder on the drive home from pad residue on disc, but being grooved discs i'm expecting that to go away. eh, worst case is i run through the hc800's and go dixcelZ/rs29's in the future. lots to learn and experiment with these changes. residue judder i'm not fussed about as it's only temporary.

...bad brakes on track ruin the day.

i wouldn't say my experiences of the hc800 are THAT bad. I did cook the ns400's (400c temp) on the rear which i think then loaded the hc800's up and goosed them. upto that moment the '800s were working fine and plenty of confidence in them. since got the rears on dixcel Z pads (800c temp) and no issues on the last day - far more confidence even running on cooked hc800's (from the previous trackday, which i didn't realise at the time).
i do wanna try the RS29's eventually, but keep reading that there not up to much on a daily driver.

plenty of experience gained with all this though. FK2 is first car i've properly gone into trackday use for so what i'm learning now is benefit in the long term. FK2 was bought as a long term test project car. learn, play, understand...

i do wanna try the RS29's eventually, but keep reading that there not up to much on a daily driver.

I would say the RS29 was fine as a daily, good cold bite no real issues apart from they are not road legal but if that doesn't bother you go for it. Expensive but an excellent pad, reasonably kind to disks (never used on a Civic but used on Clios's and Focus RS's)

some updates on the order already!

Acuity FK8 shift base bushes confirmed fit the FK2, so they've been added to the order and dream updated their site.

RHD FK2 pedal spacer has been mentioned as a future product but we're in the hands of acuity on that one.

HEL oil cooler uses an in-line thermostat rather than sandwich plate style. 8AN and 10AN sizes available. Either is fine for me, but i need to know so i can get the right adapters for my stack gauges.

Who’s insured with who? Rang Esure this morning to ask what the effect of getting my intercooler fitted would be and they told me they’d be unable to insure the car with that fitted fortunately they said it would only cost £23 to cancel the policy and take out another with another insurer.

I’ve rang greenlight and they came out around £770 and then Adrian flux were £680 which is still £110 deposit and £19 a month increase in cost... necessity when I’m building it up as I am but I’m getting shifty at having to pay more than my current £55 a month, so I’m open to suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-plan with Eventuri and other light mods £650 including 5 trackdays. :)

same, but £750 iirc. I think i've currently got a few more mods than you? £250 for track cover so thats £550 for road - clean licence, protected 10yr+ NCB.

currently with Adrian flux as all the normal comparison site ones won't insure the car, I only went with flux again this year because I really couldn't be arsed to shop around as much as I said I'd never use them again.

if you do use them make sure you read all documents thoroughly and when you spot a mistake thoroughly check the new documents for more mistakes then when it's been a month or two of almost daily phone calls they might just get it right (they also couldn't renew the policy without mistakes, it's copy and paste for fecks sake :confused:)

Generic FK2 Civic Type R Discussion

currently with Adrian flux as all the normal comparison site ones won't insure the car, I only went with flux again this year because I really couldn't be arsed to shop around as much as I said I'd never use them again.

if you do use them make sure you read all documents thoroughly and when you spot a mistake thoroughly check the new documents for more mistakes then when it's been a month or two of almost daily phone calls they might just get it right (they also couldn't renew the policy without mistakes, it's copy and paste for fecks sake :confused:)

That’s handy to know they were the cheapest quote I got until I tried Sky after seeing them suggested in the general insurance thread and they were significantly cheaper actually a quid less a month than I’m currently paying monthly whereas flux were £19 a month more than I’m paying so I’m going to ring Sky back in all likelihood to go over what the policy contains and the full details but I would imagine I’ll take that as it allows for an easier process when it gets mapped down the line

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, used sky for a number of years - cheapest (and best i found) for S2k and CTR. problem is they're not at all competitive for trackday cover. £125/day, where A-Plan do £250/5days.

Chris Knott could be another place to try - they did like insuring s2k club owners.

Not all about the cheapest quote. mod friendly, contactabillity, informed and UK staff are very high on my essential list.
Last thing you need is dealing with a shitty insurer when you've pranged it and need things sorted.

yep, used sky for a number of years - cheapest (and best i found) for S2k and CTR. problem is they're not at all competitive for trackday cover. £125/day, where A-Plan do £250/5days.

Chris Knott could be another place to try - they did like insuring s2k club owners.

Not all about the cheapest quote. mod friendly, contactabillity, informed and UK staff are very high on my essential list.
Last thing you need is dealing with a shitty insurer when you've pranged it and need things sorted.

Fortunately I don’t plan on tracking it so that’s not a huge concern for me at the moment, I may give Chris Knott a go as well then in that case, see what they can do, Sky seemed well informed and there is an awful lot of good reviews for them online for modified cover. Like I say I’m going to get back in touch with them in regards to the finer details (like for like mod cover, and the things included in cost such as legal cover and what not) just to see what I’m getting for my money. I’m fine to pay more if it turns out a better deal, I’m just bloody tight when it comes to stuff like that

what sort of value are you putting on the car? I always find it a bit daft anyway as they only pay book value no matter what you say (unless you pay for an agreed value)

That’s what I was going to ask them about actually, agreed value, when they gave the quote I specified what I paid when I bought it last June which was £21,500 but aside from that it wasn’t really spoken about

Hey guys.

I know this is a bit personal, but I'm coming to the end of my PCP and looking at personal loan deals. It's coming out at around £350 a month for 4 year period, then the car will be paid off. I'm thinking this is a lot of money, so for some perspective I'm asking what are you guys paying per month for your FK2?

Cheers.

I'm paying £554 a month over 5 years, next July and its cleared (if I choose not to clear now).

The reason I went full loan from the get go is exactly because of the dilemma you're at now,
PCP for 3 years then another 3-5 year loan on top would see it at a 6-8 year debt,
Loan from the get go only a 4-5 year debt.

I'd look around you could get lower than that, also play around with your loan figure, I went 5k over what I wanted which bizarrely brought the payments down

Also if you're financing the balloon payment, then you're paying interest on two separate debts rather than just 1 with a loan.

I'd look around you could get lower than that, also play around with your loan figure, I went 5k over what I wanted which bizarrely brought the payments down

%APR bracket jump with more money?
fwiw i was on honda HP finance for 18-24months. jumped to an unsecured loan ASAP which halved the APR and benefits of unsecured too, although admittedly i did add on 6months to my original 5yr plan which was mostly down to unexpected/6months early maintenance/repairs on the car.... or just getting excited with mods :D

Back