• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Also if you're financing the balloon payment, then you're paying interest on two separate debts rather than just 1 with a loan.

By financing do you mean paying balloon through Honda? I won't be doing that, they quoted me something stupid like £450 a month, where which Tesco for example it's £300 odd.

By financing do you mean paying balloon through Honda? I won't be doing that, they quoted me something stupid like £450 a month, where which Tesco for example it's £300 odd.

Finance as in any method for borrowing money to pay off the balloon payment.

Finance as in any method for borrowing money to pay off the balloon payment.

I'll be buying the car off Honda by using the money from a personal loan. The total cost of interest is around £1500, which I'm not really bothered about in all honesty. It's the only option I have as I want to keep the car.

3rd of 5 orders arrived this morning :D
Hel oil cooler. 10AN pipe, and perfect kit for me as it's all separate; oil thermostat separate from the oil sandwich meaning i can fit my Stack gauge sensor takeoffs between the two - nice 'n' easy in front of radiator. Cooler fits top right corner of the existing radiators so should be a straight forward install.
xES7bb1.jpg

more oil, new oil filter for oil cooler, Acuity shift bushes (shifter base and gearbox end), and new pads.
2RyueTO.jpg

Just noticed i'm missing the braided brake hoses that were also on the order.
Waiting for the final 2 orders; DBA 4000t3 discs and some 3/8" NPT inline adapters for my Stack gauge sensors into the oil cooler, and i can get this stuff fitted!

stuck waiting for bits still. not that i could do anything outside with this weather...

brake lines turned up last Friday. DBA discs due this Thursday, so that's everything i *need* for trackday.
seems to be a holdup on one of the inline adapters - no ETA yet, but until that comes i wont be fitting the oil cooler kit.

:mad:

looks like HMRC have commandeered my discs. UPS tracking signed into the UK last night but now pending "non-UPS labour dispute", whatever that means. Since there's no talk of strikes on the UK side of the border i assume it means "we're tight arses and won't employ more people to cope with demand".
i guess that ultimately means discs might turn up sometime in the next few weeks.

stock issues at the place i'm buying the inline adapters for oil cooler so that too is still pending parts. apparently they now have the bits and just need the time to actually assemble. they hoped to dispatch today but that's looking very unlikely now.

silver lining is i have the bits i *need* for trackday 2wks tomorrow but it'd rather do the car in one big job instead of twice. i think I'm only a few days off my "anything i buy will take a month to arrive" experience so nothing's really changed in the 3.25yr FK2 ownership.

I might do the acuity shift bushes at the weekend but not decided yet. weather looks reasonable on sunday to work outdoors on it.

That’s got to be a Write off of some kind or someone’s having financial issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seen it's in Cyprus, but that's not a problem if all is well with it.
Must be something up or a mega bargain!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

got a suprise from UPS yesterday - DISCS! wooo
LL6P5Dw.jpg

decided to chance it with the weather today as it was meant to rain but never actually did so got a fair bit done.

started off inside the car, Acuity shift base bushes. turns out they dont fit the 9G CTR so stripped the center console for no reason. everything was too small; stepped washers were loose in the holes, and seems the 10G uses m6 bolts rather than m8's in the 9G. reverted back OEM bushes. things is buckets or wizards sleves came to mind with it all.

next was the gearbox side bushes. tried Acuitys recommended method of holding the shift cable, and wiggling the OEM bushing out but felt like i was going to damage the cable. ended up with a small screwdriver down the side of the bush and leavered it out that way.
u5pNG64.jpg

bit of a faff on the 9G CTR what with turbo pipes and ECU wiring in the way so ended up using a screwdriver to hold the cable orinentation while i fitted the clip on the bottom side of the bushes. nice and easy when you know how. Screwdriver also stops the clip disappearing down the back of the gearbox if it pops off too.
uKOA1O5.jpg

all greased up, and assembled. cant get it too wrong as the cables have their natural position.
first impressions are good - very subtle but does feel more acurate and seems to engage a touch easier. Since i had air filter off (& maf sensor disconnected) i didnt start 'er up and test drive.

reassembled car and onwards with brakes.

psmYJ96.jpg

this wasnt without news either :( OEM discs off, DBA 4000t3's on (probably first in the UK with them fitted) and a glimpse of the new braided lines. dream rebranded hel lines.
while i was fitting the pads, noticed that the wheel bearing side of the outter caliper dust seals were hard and not really doing their job. i guess along with cooking pads 2 trackdays ago i also damaged the seals. hard to see unless the pistons are fully rewound and inspecting them closely so time for a bit of homework on what can be done about it - DIYable or more than likely send 'em off to get refurbed as no service exchange most probably.

i've done 4 of the 6 braided lines so far. both rear calipers will be done tomorrow along with a bleed. fronts & driver side rear axle was easy. passenger side rear axle flex hose wasnt nice. not only are you fighting with headlight leveler sensor, but they've put the bolt for the 90degree block ontop right up against the body on a bracket. 2 bolts for the bracket but you have to disconnect the hard-line so you get brake fluid dripping on you as you undo the bolt. getting those spring clips on for brake hoses wasnt too nice on that one either. suspension, exhaust or level sensor in the way.

STILL waiting for my oil line adapters to be dispatched. They claimed thursday dispatch was possible, but still nothing. i am assuming i'll get a dispatch notice. <2 weeks for trackday now so unless it comes early next week i likely wont be fitting the oil cooler for this event. 12c ambient so probably wont need it anyway.

@riche - acuity cable bushes working well. got rid of that slightly mushy rubbery feel and shifting feels more positive and accurate. subtle but noticeable improvement. £70 is a touch expensive for what they are, but not noticeable the money I've sunk into the car in the last 5 months.
Dream are working with Acuity for FK2R shift base bushes since the 10G version don't actually fit.

Had confirmation that Think Auto are dispatching my oil adapter bits today, delivery tomorrow. All being well Thursday/Friday is planned for oil cooler fitment.
Found Brembo dust seal number as well and seem to be an easy DIY job at home. Bought a set so should also be with me over the next few days. If correct, I'll post the number as it appears to be a vaguely common problem on trackday cars. still need 8@£11/ea.

got a feeling it's bumper off. got those poxy push clip washer things and the back of the badge is too recessed to get to easily

Parcel Force finally delivered my stuff. must have heard me swearing and grumbling about them, they decided to deliver. yesterday was 'cannot find address', and today 2hours later than the 1hour delivery slot. not happy with the compnay i bought from either. multiple broken promises and they sent to invoice address (home) and not delivery addr (work).
but it's all here now. onwards with the oil cooler install tomorrow :D

vnvdSz4.jpg

which fits nicely together:
CBlhOF9.jpg

How did the install go? Any pics?

I've got my first trackday next week with my Rotrex fitted (and an oil temp gauge) so I'll be keeping an eye on temps in case I need to fit a cooler at some point. I take it the fk2 has a temp gauge as standard? If so, what temps were you seeing?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Driving back from a cars and coffee meet this morning and notice the turbo was almost fluttering instead of the usual Eventuri blow off, any had this before? Or indicative of anything, stopped after about 10 minutes driving or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did the install go? Any pics?

I've got my first trackday next week with my Rotrex fitted (and an oil temp gauge) so I'll be keeping an eye on temps in case I need to fit a cooler at some point. I take it the fk2 has a temp gauge as standard? If so, what temps were you seeing?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
i run around 85-90c on road with the current ambient temps. Track with 21c ambient, i've seen 127c@oil filter (according to my stack gauges current memory), so oil cooler fitted and be properly tested at abingdon trackday next friday. on road i'm seeing around 10-15c delta between sump (built-in car sensor) and the oil return line from the oil cooler.

Back