• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Did anyone on here bag that carbon vented bonnet on eBay,
I messaged the seller asking if he knew the manufacturer as it's a new one on me (only seen one on Instagram last year) never got a reply back :x and now it's sold, based in Bournemouth collection only

Does anyone rate the forge inlet hose and the ancillary pipes etc?

I have an eventuri intake and heard the forge doesn’t really fit well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much help but I do know their intake pipes were prone to collapsing early on at release, not sure if they've since been revised

Generic FK2 Civic Type R Discussion

Yeah Carbon MAF pipe I believe dream said retail would be around the £230 mark I believe?

bad news... honda denied my gearbox damage on warranty. fobbed it off to driver abuse&mods (panel filter & cat-back).
i'm contending it but feels like that'll be unfruitful.

bad news... honda denied my gearbox damage on warranty. fobbed it off to driver abuse&mods (panel filter & cat-back).
We all knew that was coming mate.
Even if you didn't have the Mods they would have wormed their way out of it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They also gave the green light to modifications and said, if said part caused the fault then it's non warranty BUT if the mod isn't connected to the fault they then have to prove it was that mod that caused any issue

@jason - yeah, i expected it myself. after justifying & spending £1300 on the Xtreme clutch, another £1500 doesnt feel as much as it is.

@dweezle - that's the way i played it. K&N panel = no claimed gain. Remus catback = 9.2hp; +3% on stock. Are they really saying a gearbox *engagement* issue between gears is related to the exhaust mod, or the fact the car cant handle an extra 3% which you'd probably gain on atmospheric conditions between a cool morning and 30c summer heat wave.

i'll probably send the email i sent to dealer today, to HUK tomorrow and go double pronged attack.

plus side, cant fault the dealer really. while i've had issues in the past they've been as you'd hope for when spending £100/h labour - really good. Shame they couldn't get it through warranty but i've a feeling that has very little sway with the dealer.

lets not forget, K&N & Remus were fitted in 2016. First clutch fault was march'17 and yet it was warranty accepted. I've highlighted that to them as well in the email.

My heart broke a bit reading this, really puts you off having one long term and that’s certainly what I’d planned.

I’m not surprised in the slightest though I haven’t seen one post about a positive experience with a warranty claim on the gearbox on the FK’s in the 5 months I’ve owned mine and I’m on and browsing a lot of forums... regularly! It’s a shame as like Dweezle just said Honda in multiple instances OK’d mods specifying if they could be proven to be the cause of issue that would void warranty which they’re blaming but not actually providing what they deem to be the proof, I’m old enough and ugly enough now to see the facts if they’re put in front of me and say well fair play Honda aren’t just dodging financial implication because of poor design or manufacture they have grounds to do so, which they aren’t showing so far...

I honestly believe it’s going to take some real noise from the FK community before we see Honda being a little fairer on these claims, I know that’s what it took for Honda to act on early 2000’s preludes and other models gearboxes in the states and even then, they left it to the very last minute to issue a recall only doing so because it avoided legal action and further negative press, sad on the whole as it’s quite a loyal community and Honda seem to be taking advantage of that loyalty with these newer models

Some kind of social media protest could help there even turning down alloy wheel corrosion and blaming it on poor care. Surest way to **** your owner base off by blaming them for every fault that occurs, it just makes people move from that brand and not return.

I suppose to our benefit the parts that are failing like the gearbox, wheels and what not are fundamentally the same on the 8, if I’m not mistaken, so if enough noise is made then that would dissuade people from buying the 8 and that’s what would hurt Honda as the 2’s are no longer generating them any money. I know there’s a Facebook page for fk2/8 claim denials but that’s not really taken off as I think people are scared to be too negative while they cling to the hope Honda will do something, for it to have any effect a lot of noise needs to be made and by a lot of people, even those of us who fortunately haven’t experienced any issues (yet)

Some kind of social media protest could help there even turning down alloy wheel corrosion and blaming it on poor care. Surest way to **** your owner base off by blaming them for every fault that occurs, it just makes people move from that brand and not return.

Or maybe a few letters to watchdog !

Or maybe a few letters to watchdog !

I know of one instance where someone went that route and they actually sided with Honda in that case but I can’t see it being so easy for them to do so if there was multiple repeat instances of them rejecting things without providing proof or fair reason rather than the one singular complaint

I know of one instance where someone went that route and they actually sided with Honda in that case but I can’t see it being so easy for them to do so if there was multiple repeat instances of them rejecting things without providing proof or fair reason rather than the one singular complaint

Obviously need complaints from a large number of owners, Honda are definatley fobbing owners off

Generic FK2 Civic Type R Discussion

You’re wasting your time contesting it .. they will drag it out and the only thing you’ll do is stress your self out.

Take the hit , fix it and sell it.

Unlucky :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back