Home
Page 484 of 485 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485 LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 4841

Thread: Generic FK2 Civic Type R Discussion

Not sure if you have read xtremes F&Q on their clutches, mentions the bedding in procedure,
    https://www.xtremeclutch.com.au/en/resources/faq

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dweezle For This Useful Post:

veehexx (05-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
    Not sure if you have read xtremes F&Q on their clutches, mentions the bedding in procedure,
    https://www.xtremeclutch.com.au/en/resources/faq
    yeah, seen that. easier said than done but i'm being as gentle as i can.
    To bed a clutch kit in, drive the vehicle gently for the first 1,000 km and avoid launching the vehicle aggressively. Low RPM engagements are best for bedding in the friction material with the flywheel surface.

mine arrived today and as clutch packs go it's pretty sexy

now to find a decent garage near me to fit it, bit above my driveway capabilities haha

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MB CTR For This Useful Post:

dweezle (06-12-2018)

Thanked 7,756 Times in 5,429 Posts

I've been there with clutches veehexx. If you're doing any sort of daily duties with it, they get boring very very quickly.

Good luck with it but from what you've said, I'd already be making plans to get it removed, but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by MB CTR View Post
    mine arrived today and as clutch packs go it's pretty sexy

now to find a decent garage near me to fit it, bit above my driveway capabilities haha
    that's something i came up with. done FWD and RWD clutches in the past. cba with civic. looks like a nasty job with subframe and suspension disruption involved and the info i saw on MaRIS the other day, you gotta support the engine from the top, so i guess that means not just undo bolts half way but fully remove them (i didn't get that far into the destructions; 1h access and was looking for other clutch info)

@loxy i did go into the purchase of dual plate well informed. i'd have preferred single plate but that wasn't available in the timescale i wanted. time will tell but i'm confident i'll be reasonably happy to live with this in the long term. When it's due for change I'll be looking into single plate though. dualy is insanely overkill for me - running about 1/3rd of its rated handling. so far the dual plate is better than expected based on internet reports - quieter and not as on/off as people suggest. maybe they're running ceramic/carbon versions and not organic? only thing that didn't match the internet info was pedal weight. this xtreme is noticeably heavier than stock and i only foresee possible issues in the big jams; motorway 2-3hour closures kinda traffic - nothing i'd ever see on the daily drive.

Quote Originally Posted by veehexx View Post
    that's something i came up with. done FWD and RWD clutches in the past. cba with civic. looks like a nasty job with subframe and suspension disruption involved and the info i saw on MaRIS the other day, you gotta support the engine from the top, so i guess that means not just undo bolts half way but fully remove them (i didn't get that far into the destructions; 1h access and was looking for other clutch info)
    I knew it was a PITA but not that bad, now I can't decide to pay double for Honda to do it incase something fecks up.

out of interest veehexx did you pay for new parts in the gearbox or just put it all back together?

I replaced everything that needed it. yes it's a lot of money but it just didnt make any sense to half-arse it. already in the hole for 2200 (Xtreme clutch+all labour), so throwing in the cost of parts with gearbox repair seemed almost trivial. close enough 3k all in.

i had 1st/2nd synchro & 2nd gear done in gearbox. Dealer thought the clutch didnt need replacing but my heart was set on SMF when it's out of warranty and i'm paying for replacement - that just happened 3years earlier than i expected.
    I'm not getting the notchiness in any gear now either so i'm sure there was a clutch fault. Same symptoms as April17 clutch replacement.
    Old parts are sat outside in the conservatory waiting for me to take a look. Nothing visually obvious stands out on the clutch side.

Thats kinda my story on the car - wear items have worn out/replaced quicker than anticipated (tyres, brakes, clutch/gearbox). Almost anything i've tried to do has ended up with delays (Remus catback, winter wheels, 4months on this gearbox issue), or just plain bad luck (3 seperate faults with audio upgrade). Joys of this typeR i guess - low build numbers and needing quality aftermarket for track use to make reliable makes quick parts a bit of a nightmare. If parts come in less than a month then i'm doing well...

if i were in your position, i'd be looking at how much longer i have on warranty. if a month or two left is it really worth getting honda to do the work vs a trusted indy shop? If i knew the warranty outcome of my gearbox then i'd have gone indy and saved a few hundred quid however I had more to gain by attempting warranty so that was the deciding factor.

Still annoys me that every gearbox issue found 9 times out of 10 they blame the driver when there's a blatant fault somewhere.
    Say in 10 months time they find a fault, hold their hands up and put a flag on the system will they then refund owners like yourself

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dweezle For This Useful Post:

veehexx (07-12-2018)

How much could I sell my Red Kevlar Evenuri?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'll give 50... best i can do coming up to christmas!