• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I,ve removed the plastic trim around the engine and this definitely allows more hot air to escape via the vents in the wing, particularly helpful when on track.

i run around 85-90c on road with the current ambient temps. Track with 21c ambient, i've seen 127c@oil filter (according to my stack gauges current memory), so oil cooler fitted and be properly tested at abingdon trackday next friday. on road i'm seeing around 10-15c delta between sump (built-in car sensor) and the oil return line from the oil cooler.
I'm going to Abingdon Friday aswell. Black ep3 with a subtle cutout in the front bumper for an intercooler. Can't wait now!

That's a good temp difference so should keep things a lot cooler on track I'd have thought. You've got a bit of time to triple check it all for leaks beforehand as well.

Is that everything done ready for Friday now? Or have you still got some bits to do?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Driving back from a cars and coffee meet this morning and notice the turbo was almost fluttering instead of the usual Eventuri blow off, any had this before? Or indicative of anything, stopped after about 10 minutes driving or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just went out for another short drive and noticed it doing it again as I was reversing on to our driveway, oddly didn’t notice it doing it while out driving, blipped the throttle a few times once parked up to try and catch it but couldn’t hear it over the exhaust did notice the revs seemed to “stick” only for a second or so to the drop back down... Anyone with any experience of this or knowledge? I’m assuming it’s not great as it’s never done it before but need to pin down the cause ideally.

mines done it ever since a remap, around a 1/4 to 1/2 throttle at about 3k ish revs if you lift off

That sounds similar to mine if I’m honest, although it’s started out of the blue today and I’ve not had a remap so I was concerned it could be signs of issues, I’m hoping not as I wasn’t planning on needing to spend anything for a while... how long have you had the map if you don’t mind me asking?

I'm going to Abingdon Friday aswell. Black ep3 with a subtle cutout in the front bumper for an intercooler. Can't wait now!

That's a good temp difference so should keep things a lot cooler on track I'd have thought. You've got a bit of time to triple check it all for leaks beforehand as well.

Is that everything done ready for Friday now? Or have you still got some bits to do?

I'll see you there then :) weather looking good too :D mine will be easy to spot got the forum sticker on rear bumper. I've a weird feeling we attended abingdon together in june/july last year too as i seem to recall someone on this forum in a black ep3 there.
yeah, i wanted the oil cooler fitted at least a week before the trackday to soak test it - any issues and I've a little time to get it fixed. if parts didn't arrive till this week, i wouldn't have attempted it.
Car is all done and ready for Friday. will give it a quick final check over to ensure everything has settled in - braided lines ok, nothing rubbing etc. last few days everything is looking good.

noticed that the wheel bearing side of the outter caliper dust seals were hard and not really doing their job. i guess along with cooking pads 2 trackdays ago i also damaged the seals. hard to see unless the pistons are fully rewound and inspecting them closely so time for a bit of homework on what can be done about it - DIYable or more than likely send 'em off to get refurbed as no service exchange most probably.

That's because you're using pads which really aren't that good on track.

I'll see you there then :) weather looking good too :D mine will be easy to spot got the forum sticker on rear bumper. I've a weird feeling we attended abingdon together in june/july last year too as i seem to recall someone on this forum in a black ep3 there.
yeah, i wanted the oil cooler fitted at least a week before the trackday to soak test it - any issues and I've a little time to get it fixed. if parts didn't arrive till this week, i wouldn't have attempted it.
Car is all done and ready for Friday. will give it a quick final check over to ensure everything has settled in - braided lines ok, nothing rubbing etc. last few days everything is looking good.
Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right, I only saw you once on track all day I think.

If the weather stays like this it'll be a good day. I'm currently getting around 20mpg on normal driving so god knows how many tanks of fuel I'll be getting through!

That's because you're using pads which really aren't that good on track.

i know you've recommended many times in the past and don't think I've the right pads this time, but I'll likely be going rs29's next time.
brunt seals do seem to be common on Porsches, so not sure it's purely pad choice.

That sounds similar to mine if I’m honest, although it’s started out of the blue today and I’ve not had a remap so I was concerned it could be signs of issues, I’m hoping not as I wasn’t planning on needing to spend anything for a while... how long have you had the map if you don’t mind me asking?

almost exactly a year

Last edited by a moderator:
almost exactly a year

Ok, that’s a relief, started it up and tried some stationary revs tonight to try and see if it would do it again but it didn’t, sounded right as it usually does so I’m going to take it for a drive later in the week to try and catch it again, although I’m hoping it was just a momentary thing

Was taking some cars to the local Manheim Auction and found this..

42k and expected to fetch £17-18k
1c3fedea02fcfe554bff438020752b49.jpg
1c36576fdf4c19e73935a9489eebec51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Was traded in at Ocean BMW in Plymouth. Probably for a M2 or other M car.

Would snap it up myself but not with 42k on clock.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stab in the dark here but don’t ask will never know! Does anyone know the dimensions of the front and rear H badges? Or better still if they’re the same size as FK8 badges? I was looking at getting some custom ones from the states, namely Aero Spec Racing on Facebook incase anyone has seen, but being the states they will only know FK8 sizes, I don’t want to assume they’re the same size and order some and it turns out they aren’t as they aren’t cheap! Appreciate any help or anyone can point me in the right direction for the info!

Stab in the dark here but don’t ask will never know! Does anyone know the dimensions of the front and rear H badges? Or better still if they’re the same size as FK8 badges? I was looking at getting some custom ones from the states, namely Aero Spec Racing on Facebook incase anyone has seen, but being the states they will only know FK8 sizes, I don’t want to assume they’re the same size and order some and it turns out they aren’t as they aren’t cheap! Appreciate any help or anyone can point me in the right direction for the info!

I have aero spec racing badges on mine. He makes for all hondas, so might well know

I have aero spec racing badges on mine. He makes for all hondas, so might well know

Have you got an 8 though bud? I assume he’d know the size as they have the 8 over there, I know Honda have separate part numbers for for the badges on the 2 and 8 so I’m not entirely sure if they’re the same size...

How’s the quality? I assume very good?

Have you got an 8 though bud? I assume he’d know the size as they have the 8 over there, I know Honda have separate part numbers for for the badges on the 2 and 8 so I’m not entirely sure if they’re the same size...

How’s the quality? I assume very good?

I’ll measure the badges for you.

They’re different to the originals, but very good quality.
Worth noting that there are no pegs on them, so just held by adhesive

Back