• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I’ll measure the badges for you.

They’re different to the originals, but very good quality.
Worth noting that there are no pegs on them, so just held by adhesive

I’d appreciate that massively thanks!

Know exactly what I want from them I just don’t want to spend all that and it turns out there is a slight difference between the FK2 and FK8 front and rear badges!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front badge is 5” corner to corner
Rear badge is 4.5” corner to corner

I'm sure i read somewhere you could adjust the brightness of the drl's is this the case as i can't find anything?

More disappointment for me on the quality side,
Popped out earlier to use my new tyre shine and noticed the face of the alloys are now bubbling very similar to rust bubbles,
Also cleaned the engine bay ready for Friday's service and noticed the state of the rubber intake, the cowling, bonnet rubber and other things, they're starting to go really light, the rubber intake is going a greeny brown in places,
Dressing has hidden it but still not expected on a near 4 year old car

not had any issues under the bonnet other than a bit of that white powdery mould on the driver side of the bonnet insulation. nothing new there though as i've had it on other cars.

car felt beautiful on the road this morning, not so much tonight. no idea why, fussy thing!

just had a thunderstorm around my neck of the woods. Cup2's surprisingly better than what people make 'em out to be with standing water.
also fitted the Acuity shift base bushes at the weekend. not too bad once you've already had it apart and know where to go. i think the feel of the shift is more promenent with the base bushes than gearbox side but they do complement each other. definate improvement over the stock rubber feel. less of that mushy feel and more precise.

edit: oh, and the cup2's still aren't as sharp as the csc6's. they've not been properly used yet, maybe 70% of their capability and feel good but the razer sharp feel i remember the csc6's gave, not there with the cup2s. could be i've just become used to the feel of the car so going back to csc6 wouldnt be as i remember. but hey ho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found posts of similar complaints over on civinfo from other 9th gen civics, road salt spray getting in was the issue for most.

car felt beautiful on the road this morning, not so much tonight. no idea why, fussy thing!

I'm glad you posted this, I've been thinking this for a while, took my in-law and nephews to pick his car up the other week and it didn't feel as nippy, filled up with fuel the next day and the car was a dream, yesterday morning again the car was faultless, the power was there etc, this morning total opposite, power was there but it didn't feel as smooth.
This is the only time I've gone the full 12 months without a 6 month oil change, I'm wondering if the 0-20 isn't much cop this far in

Saw this on my travels today ....

7ede1b19dc2b88bfc571e20b7efe0207.jpg

About to drop mine off at the dealers, leaving it overnight for tomorrow's 4th year service and valve clearance check (mileage will be noted),
Booked in at 9 so I'm hoping they have some sort of brain and wheel it in tonight and do the valves first thing, 40 minute drive so can't do any end of day "car is ready" phone calls

Bit of an odd one and I'm not 100% certain they're right,

Get in my sister's car and the phone rings, (service desk)
"Spoke to the service manager and the valves don't need doing, it's now 50'000 miles, the old one was 25'000"
Me: "Not sure on that as it states it on the service sheet",
I heard the manager say in the background " Not anymore it's 50'000"

So going to start on it this afternoon and I can collect after 9 tomorrow, which is ideal but this 50'000 is a new one on me.

Oh and forgot to note my mileage :mad:

They told me 2 weeks ago on the phone 25k, I'll have to see what they say tomorrow,
She did say originally that seeing as I'm leaving it they will do the valves first thing,
So if they have made a mistake they should have time to do them

Bit of an odd one and I'm not 100% certain they're right,

Get in my sister's car and the phone rings, (service desk)
"Spoke to the service manager and the valves don't need doing, it's now 50'000 miles, the old one was 25'000"
Me: "Not sure on that as it states it on the service sheet",
I heard the manager say in the background " Not anymore it's 50'000"

So going to start on it this afternoon and I can collect after 9 tomorrow, which is ideal but this 50'000 is a new one on me.

Oh and forgot to note my mileage :mad:

What mileage is the first valve clearance check mine is on 20.300 miles now. And also how much is it ?

If they don't do them dweezle, take it to another dealer to have it done then never darken the original dealer's door again.

Seems to vary dealer by dealer, I’m going to ask about mine at its next service although I may not be at the 25k mark by then, I’d be asking for actual confirmation of that by Honda UK if I was in that situation as it’s not too unimaginative to think a dealer would try and push the task out and reduce the frequency due to how time consuming it is compared to a basic service...

How was it with the old ep3's ? Was it first valve clearance check done at 70k and then every 25k after?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back