• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Hey guys, I'll keep this quick.

Car is due new brake pads. Dream and Cox are listing the standard Brembo front pads at £150-£160, however this place on eBay is listing them at only £43. Why is this?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-HONDA-...e&pageci=f28bbbd0-0f44-419f-b189-e2f3f4291ff7

I'm not one to cheap out on stuff, but if those are the real deal then obviously I'm gonna save myself £100.

Question is are these likely to be fake? If there is even a glimour of doubt then I'll buy from Cox.

Cheers guys.

Hey guys, I'll keep this quick.

Car is due new brake pads. Dream and Cox are listing the standard Brembo front pads at £150-£160, however this place on eBay is listing them at only £43. Why is this?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-HONDA-...e&pageci=f28bbbd0-0f44-419f-b189-e2f3f4291ff7

I'm not one to cheap out on stuff, but if those are the real deal then obviously I'm gonna save myself £100.

Question is are these likely to be fake? If there is even a glimour of doubt then I'll buy from Cox.

Cheers guys.

Just robbing Honda prices,

Brembo info here https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/honda-civic-ix-fk-2-0-i-vtec-type-r-fk2/000116064-1

Same pads on Eurocarparts for £58 50% discount at the minute so £29 :D

Whilst on brakes,
Had the full brake change Friday, early days but so far I can't fault them, no more squealing, no more rusty grinding noise and the weight difference is noticeable.
I thought the replacement disks were heavy but the factory ones are ridiculously heavy, 1 disk must be about the same weight as the 2 EBC put together.

Downside is the unexpected 5 hour labour charge means the bonnet is now put back a week or 2, and then the focus insurance renewal email landed Saturday which totally slipped my mind :rolleyes:

5 hours to fit new brakes front and back mate?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yep, Disks, pads, lines and fluid,
Was meant to be a quick job, "Jump on it first thing mate, we'll ring you in the morning" :rolleyes:
So I wasn't expecting a £335 bill, the garage I use have numerous mechanics and I've never seen this lad before so I'm assuming a newbie?
I sat at home Friday morning googling for a rough idea on times and it was coming up anywhere between 1-3 hours pending on any issues, even I thought 5 hours was a tad cheeky

Just robbing Honda prices,

Brembo info here https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/honda-civic-ix-fk-2-0-i-vtec-type-r-fk2/000116064-1

Same pads on Eurocarparts for £58 50% discount at the minute so £29 :D

Thanks for the heads up.

I put my reg in, it returned with 2.0 Civic and it came up with these pads. I'm certain these are the ones but there is no part number for me to check against. As long as I'm correct with my reg I should be alright surely?

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/...7bef80dac2194a2797e04da3760b33cf89bd81&000036

I can just make out P54039 on the picture, drop them a message tomorrow to clarify.
A quick Google of Brembo P54039 throws up a few sites with low prices but then 50% off at euro

Yep, Disks, pads, lines and fluid,
Was meant to be a quick job, "Jump on it first thing mate, we'll ring you in the morning" :rolleyes:
So I wasn't expecting a £335 bill, the garage I use have numerous mechanics and I've never seen this lad before so I'm assuming a newbie?
I sat at home Friday morning googling for a rough idea on times and it was coming up anywhere between 1-3 hours pending on any issues, even I thought 5 hours was a tad cheeky
There is no way it should have taken that long mate.
Even the most novice of driveway mechanics would have done that in 2 hours with a stop for a brew. Lol.

I would be speaking to the owner and asking if he really thinks that 5 hours is acceptable.
If he does then start using somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I do know owners have had issues with pins seizing in the calipers, there's some Renault chap (Mr pins?) helping out the FK owners by tooling up and selling his reusable ones, needs a group buy though.

The garage never mentioned any issues though, I'm certain he was a newbie possible apprentice so I don't mind paying the extra, the funny thing is they open at 8 and rang me at 12 so god knows where the 5 hour invoice came from :lol:

50% ECP discount... so going rate for stuff then.
i tend to use Brakes International (https://brakeparts.co.uk/) for my stuff i don't need urgently.
Honda are a rip off, dream just add their markup to genuine parts.

dweezle: from what i understand of brake squeal, it's primarily the discs at 'fault'. they're the bit that make the noise so a change of discs changes the resonance. this DBA/PBS combo i'm running is FAR quieter than OE/OE disc+HC800 pads. i do prefer the feel of the hc800s over PBS though but i'm still early days with them on track. the pmu's feel better at cold where the PBS's can feel wooden at times.

been toying with a catchcan again. the mishimoto compact baffled can is now hiked up £50, to £159 :( so it'll remain on the wishlist...

50% ECP discount... so going rate for stuff then.
i tend to use Brakes International (https://brakeparts.co.uk/) for my stuff i don't need urgently.
Honda are a rip off, dream just add their markup to genuine parts.

dweezle: from what i understand of brake squeal, it's primarily the discs at 'fault'. they're the bit that make the noise so a change of discs changes the resonance. this DBA/PBS combo i'm running is FAR quieter than OE/OE disc+HC800 pads. i do prefer the feel of the hc800s over PBS though but i'm still early days with them on track. the pmu's feel better at cold where the PBS's can feel wooden at times.

been toying with a catchcan again. the mishimoto compact baffled can is now hiked up £50, to £159 :( so it'll remain on the wishlist...
Eurocarparts discount prices can be like that but when they are selling £888 EBC discs for £440 it's worth jumping on that discount :D
I have a brand spanking new catch can in my Fn2 parts box if it's any use to you, just your bog standard one though

Last edited by a moderator:
i swear that was a cockup by ECP. i'm sure performance parts&tools were excluded from discount, but hey... you gained!

driftworks had the catchcan at the old price so knee-jerk bought it. really not sure if it's going to do much as I've been reading so much about them i cant tell the hype from the reality. So many seem to jump on the hype bandwagon. Most seem to say it's to stop valves clogging up on DI engines but havent yet seen any evidence they do as no one gives any photos of the valves to know how badly the K20C suffers. FK2 is a bit of an experiment for me with mods so worth a punt even though i'm around 35k without any seperator till now. seems to be something more useful at the track that road.

On the subject of disc’s and pads, I’ve seen on a few of the Facebook forums people ordering from the autodoc app and confirming the parts are the same... vastly cheaper as well, I’m considering ordering from there to see if it’s any good!
8f39d54cca938eb061fe25f6ca9fe07c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the subject of disc’s and pads, I’ve seen on a few of the Facebook forums people ordering from the autodoc app and confirming the parts are the same... vastly cheaper as well, I’m considering ordering from there to see if it’s any good!
8f39d54cca938eb061fe25f6ca9fe07c.jpg

Disc price difference is shocking,
You always felt with all the hype and prices of replacements you were getting top end brakes.

Edit: Do the discs not come in pairs? if so best delete one out of you basket :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You always felt with all the hype and prices of replacements you were getting top end brakes.

seen the price of calipers? £300. https://www.tegiwaimports.com/selec...nt-brake-caliper-civic-type-r-15-fk2-fk8.html
probably explains the paint quality on 'em :p
it'd be nice if someone more knowledgeable than me could put their input into them. gotta be a reason BBK/APRacing are asking big money for their kits. £5k for the APracing Pro5000? bit of a jump from the brembo setup and i'm sure it's not all about quantities.

Generic FK2 Civic Type R discussion

One is a mass produced caliper designed for road use and to meet certain budget constraints.

The other is a race caliper designed for hard core track cars and race cars and are rubbish to live with.

Edit: Do the discs not come in pairs? if so best delete one out of you basket :lol:

It won’t let you do a total of 1 so I’m assuming they’re single discs and you have to purchase 2 for the front axel to be done weird system, I’ve never seen it done that way when ordering discs before but can’t really complain with the price it comes in at!

Back