• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

As much as I absolutely love Type R's the new focus RS has just killed it. 4 wheel drive and 345 bhp confirmed for the same price as the type r. Your going to be looking at 400 bhp after a decent remap. Where does this leave the new Type r? I really want to be able to argue the Type r's case against my mate who is getting the new RS but it looks like the RS is going to be in a different league

As much as I absolutely love Type R's the new focus RS has just killed it. 4 wheel drive and 345 bhp confirmed for the same price as the type r. Your going to be looking at 400 bhp after a decent remap. Where does this leave the new Type r? I really want to be able to argue the Type r's case against my mate who is getting the new RS but it looks like the RS is going to be in a different league

You don't think the Type R will be able to reach those figures with some tuning ?

345bhp that has to power the rear wheels too.

Lastly, it's a Ford. Who wants a Ford ?!

Seeing it go up the hill climb yesterday I'm disappointed in the sound of it it. The Focus RS has much more sound to it but I'm still not a fan of its styling, it will be bloody fast though.

You don't think the Type R will be able to reach those figures with some tuning ?

345bhp that has to power the rear wheels too.

Lastly, it's a Ford. Who wants a Ford ?!

Yeah definately but the RS is 4 wheel drive so it will be able to put it down better instead of torque steering. But yeah it's still a ford. Lol. I just hope the new type r is amazing to drive because the RS is looking very good.

Martelius are planning an exhaust once they get a car in, Can't imagine how loud that would be, anything to upset the neighbours :lol:

Small update..........

Thursday was the official start of mass production of the Type R.
We did 10 at the end of our late shift, last one coming through our Paint section at 11:30pm !

They will pass through the rest of Paint on Monday morning and onto AF later that day.

We had a little Type R presentation before our shift, telling us all about the importance of upping our game, ensuring top quality etc, and they had this forum as a background in one of the slides. Our team leader then picked up on a quote that just happened to be there, one by Tom83, now famous in our small section !
The one where he quoted that 'all Porsche drivers are c*nts' !!!!!!!!

I did laugh. Simple thing eh !

Its nice to know Honda are looking at our forum.

Do they want to take a s**t CRV back and swap it for a HRV for the Mrs :lol:

You couldn't bung the paint department 20 quid & get them to do 2 layers on every Cw :)

Haha, if only you knew how difficult it is to get that CW right.

I'll chuck 'em a score though and see what we can do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
lol.....@ Mark Type R.

Can I get two new complete Recaro seat's for my EP3 Premier edition too please :) £2K a seat new lol.

On second thoughts I like the new Type R bucket seats :D

You're on a wind surely.

A CRV for an HRV. I did laugh.

At this rate i'd take a German car over the CRV.
Long story short - We bought a lemon and Honda did a fix but its back. Now in Honda again and Honda UK want to run tests on it.
Either a £400 bill for a new TPS or £4k for complete rewire of the car.

Third option, torch the c**t!

At this rate i'd take a German car over the CRV.
Long story short - We bought a lemon and Honda did a fix but its back. Now in Honda again and Honda UK want to run tests on it.
Either a £400 bill for a new TPS or £4k for complete rewire of the car.

Third option, torch the c**t!

Ouch. Did their diagnostic software not point them in the right direction? Hope you get it sorted. For my EP3 was the emission sensor. Every fourth or fifth time you filled it the tank up it would go into Limp mode with the EML on.... system rich at bank 1. Ended up replacing four sensors grrrrr.

Ouch. Did their diagnostic software not point them in the right direction? Hope you get it sorted. For my EP3 was the emission sensor. Every fourth or fifth time you filled it the tank up it would go into Limp mode with the EML on.... system rich at bank 1. Ended up replacing four sensors grrrrr.

Its in now having the test

Small update..........

Thursday was the official start of mass production of the Type R.
We did 10 at the end of our late shift, last one coming through our Paint section at 11:30pm !

They will pass through the rest of Paint on Monday morning and onto AF later that day.

We had a little Type R presentation before our shift, telling us all about the importance of upping our game, ensuring top quality etc, and they had this forum as a background in one of the slides. Our team leader then picked up on a quote that just happened to be there, one by Tom83, now famous in our small section !
The one where he quoted that 'all Porsche drivers are c*nts' !!!!!!!!

I did laugh. Simple thing eh !

Thans for the update. Do you know how meny cars you produce per day?

Thanks for the information . I'm waiting mine !!! In france

Wow your steering wheel will be on the wrong side. :) Just kidding.

Not sure how long you will have to wait. Least France isn't too far. Enjoy the car when you get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any photos of the new CTR from Goodwood then? Gutted I couldn't go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any photos of the new CTR from Goodwood then? Gutted I couldn't go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have but not uploaded yet.

It's true, the seats are stunning pieces of work.

They didn't give it any up the hill which was disappointing and it had no sound to it at all. Shame that.

Back