• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

For £30k, it's very close to the M135i and the AMG A class. **** paying £30k for an R34 too, yeah they're nice but not £30k nice.
The M135i is closer to £37k by the time you put on the options worth having and the Merc A45 AMG is £40k+.

The M135i is closer to £37k by the time you put on the options worth having and the Merc A45 AMG is £40k+.

Entry level the M135i is £30k though so I'd say they're directly comparable, granted like you said, you'd need some options on it and tbh I thought the Merc was a bit cheaper. But I personally would save a few grand more and have the BMW.

The Civic is a tad steep if £30k is the ball park figure, especially considering the rate at which they depreciate.

1233363_583039635076606_1830832937_n.jpg

That's the BTCC car in the wind tunnel for pre 2012 season testing.

Can but hope though.

Did'nt Scouse pay close on 20k for a new EP3? Also IIRC new FN2's were in excess of 20k so based on the way car prices have been going. It almost makes sense that a new model would be closer to 30k going on inflation.

I'm with Andy, I'm sure they were £16.5k, or there abouts, list price when they came out.

£16.5k without aircon and £17.5k with when I was buying my EP3.

Should have bought a tidy S2K in hindsight. :lol:

I bought my first EP3 in March 2002 and iirc it was about 15.5 grand inclusive of air con.

I think £30k-ish was always going to be the sort of money for one of these. The current boring Civics, spec'd up, are coming in at £20k+ comfortably. A Type-R with the power, potential Brembo's, Recaro/Sport seats, aggressive body mods etc. all costs.

Its too much in my opinion. How can the price of this car simply double in just over 10 years?!

The draw of the Civic Type R was great performance and handling for an none premium price. If the car comes out at that sort of price it will be viewed completely differently and bad things will come of it in reviews and testing. Obviously we do not actually know what the price will be but ill be very disappointed personally if the price comes out that high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back